Bullnose Forums

1985 Ford F350 Crew Cab Long Bed

Wogtur

Charlie - Where you been?

On the part, can you find it in the illustration here? Fuel Systems/Carburetors, Chokes, & EFI/Holley 4180C

I've just been busy with house work and such, no time to work on my truck. But i got the same diagram with the rebuild kit I ordered and I cant find the bolt on it. 20190824_175747.jpg.c611558e1b4aeee06bbcd1fd6ab2e53c.jpg

This is where the nut should go. With the rest of the linkage on the backside of the choke thermostat

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just been busy with house work and such, no time to work on my truck. But i got the same diagram with the rebuild kit I ordered and I cant find the bolt on it.

This is where the nut should go. With the rest of the linkage on the backside of the choke thermostat

20190824_175809.jpg.6ecaaef6a573d4db6426f91e5be9d9f6.jpg

This is everything taken off of it. The nut is slotted like the bolt

I've just been busy with house work and such, no time to work on my truck. But i got the same diagram with the rebuild kit I ordered and I cant find the bolt on it.

Charlie - Did you lose a nut or a bolt/screw? You said "cant find the bolt on it. This is where the nut should go." So I'm confused. Please sort me out as I'm dense.

Yes. And I haven't been able to find it anywhere. Do you have any advice?

20190824_190810.jpg.088d236bdb146531dab77bad183a5089.jpg

Well. Thank goodness I was able to find it. Been cleaning my garage looking for it. Still would like to know where I could find it online though and how it all goes together

Well. Thank goodness I was able to find it. Been cleaning my garage looking for it. Still would like to know where I could find it online though and how it all goes together

Go to the page in the link above, click on the Ford Service Manuals tab, and then the 4180C-4V tab. Scroll down to Page 18 and see if that helps.

If not I may be able to take pics of mine tomorrow. Not sure I'll get out to the shop, but I hope to do so.

Go to the page in the link above, click on the Ford Service Manuals tab, and then the 4180C-4V tab. Scroll down to Page 18 and see if that helps.

If not I may be able to take pics of mine tomorrow. Not sure I'll get out to the shop, but I hope to do so.

I will try to put it together best I can using the diagram but I dont know if I'll be able to get it. Would appreciate if you or someone else here could get a picture of it

I will try to put it together best I can using the diagram but I dont know if I'll be able to get it. Would appreciate if you or someone else here could get a picture of it

Here are some shots that I hope will help. If not, then I might be persuaded to take this one apart tomorrow. And, I'll admit that it was hard getting the camera to focus exactly on the parts in question, so these aren't perfectly crisp. Sorry.

Here 'tis from the top:

4180C_Choke_Linkage_-_Top.thumb.jpg.d402fcb8d44155acfacbe82301755550.jpg

Bottom front from a distance:

4180C_Choke_Linkage_-_Bottom_Front_Distant.thumb.jpg.ceda919861828eb40aeddabfe60fe11b.jpg

Bottom front closer:

4180C_Choke_Linkage_-_Bottom_Front.thumb.jpg.3ce8cc7935266b3110d41a6131621954.jpg

And lastly, bottom:

4180C_Choke_Linkage_-_Bottom.thumb.jpg.061eb36a988aec5893848c39fb18f023.jpg