Bullnose Forums

Accelerator Pump Diaphragm Part number- Other Carbs that Match?

I know the accelerator pump is leaking, and before I get to drive this truck I figured; gasoline pooling on the intake manifold, over a hot engine may, be a recipe for a shortened life-span. I figure I'll fix it first. Now here come the tricky part, "the weekend is coming" and I forecast that the work necessary to drive it will be done Saturday, As I've started my parts search not many Parts Houses have the accelerator pump Diaphragm in stock right now, and could have it by next week Looking at the Diaphragm, it reminds me of the Holleys I worked on years ago with friends, and wondered if there was an alternative part number from Holley, or other performance company, that might be more available at the shops, or maybe "Speed" shops?

Does anyone have a cross reference, or alternative part number, for the Motorcraft 2150 Accelerator Pump Diaphragm?

Dormant 90084 is said to fit '83-'86 Motorcraft two barrel carburetors.

Do you have Amazon Prime?

I would have it by 10:00 tomorrow if I ordered before 3.

Ask your parts store for this #. Maybe they have it in the HELP! Section?

Also NAPA CRB-24295

Holley 135-5 is the 30cc pump diaphragm.

Auto Zone shows it in my local store. :nabble_smiley_happy:

I'm Jim. I suppose I should add it to my Sig

Might be an idea, those of us who have been around for a while all know each others names in addition to our screen names.

Might be an idea, those of us who have been around for a while all know each others names in addition to our screen names.

Bill, is there a good thread regarding tuning the Motorcraft 2150? Is there tuning/timing of the accelerator pump adjustments as well?

Bill, is there a good thread regarding tuning the Motorcraft 2150? Is there tuning/timing of the accelerator pump adjustments as well?

Alex - Name's not Bill, it is Gary. Guess I should put that in my sig? :nabble_smiley_evil:

On the 2150, while it isn't technically a thread, we do have a page on that carb: Fuel Systems/Carb's, Chokes, & EFI/Motorcraft 2150. And Bill has some tips in there.

Bill - Anything you want to add to the tips tab just let me know. Your expertise is invaluable.