Bullnose Forums

The Truck of Doom: An Occasional Build Thread

Well, I was able to get the driver's side out tonight...I swear the passenger side has a smaller hole to reach up into, I couldn't get my hand in there. I'll try again tomorrow, but I may have to shove it down from the top side.

I got the driver's side washed out and it looks real nice now. Although with my luck a colony of these things will probably set up residence by morning. :nabble_smiley_scared:

Well, if they do you won't have problems with mice. :nabble_smiley_wink:

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if they do you won't have problems with mice. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I wouldn't mind a non-venomous snake setting up camp in my truck, as long as they poop somewhere else.

All these invasive species happening way down in the Southeast need a bounty before they become naturalized citizens.

I'd like me a pair of ropers with that lizard hide, or even the Burmese Python.

All these invasive species happening way down in the Southeast need a bounty before they become naturalized citizens.

Have you never been to Georgia before? We shoot things for free down here! :nabble_smiley_happy:

In any case, it's all :nabble_florida-man-42_orig: fault. He probably had some of these things as pets, then after taking too much meth one night they got away. Georgia's the only good route out of Florida (remember, Big Blue lived here for a while), so like every other dumb thing from Florida, they're our problem now too. :nabble_smiley_cry:

Have you never been to Georgia before? We shoot things for free down here! :nabble_smiley_happy:

In any case, it's all :nabble_florida-man-42_orig: fault. He probably had some of these things as pets, then after taking too much meth one night they got away. Georgia's the only good route out of Florida (remember, Big Blue lived here for a while), so like every other dumb thing from Florida, they're our problem now too. :nabble_smiley_cry:

You know it's bath salts if Florida man is involved! :nabble_anim_crazy:

Really.

I bet you could put those down cleanly with a CB cap in the brain case.

Big pythons are another story.

Wonder how they taste?

Iguana is pretty good! :d

FIND a reason to harvest them and you'll get them taken care of.

It's not like those carp that aren't seen underwater invading upriver.

You know it's bath salts if Florida man is involved! :nabble_anim_crazy:

Really.

I bet you could put those down cleanly with a CB cap in the brain case.

Big pythons are another story.

Wonder how they taste?

Iguana is pretty good! :d

FIND a reason to harvest them and you'll get them taken care of.

It's not like those carp that aren't seen underwater invading upriver.

Doubt many know what CB cap is, Jim. Takes me way back. May still have a few. Are they still sold?

Doubt many know what CB cap is, Jim. Takes me way back. May still have a few. Are they still sold?

Well short of using a suppressor (silencer) which may not be legal in your area, there is a super quiet round available for your rifle that you may not be aware of. It’s called the 22 CB Cap (short for “conical ball cap”).

While not as powerful or accurate over long range as the 22LR round, it is still powerful enough to take small game such as rabbit or squirrel and provides the added advantage of being no louder than a pellet gun (and perhaps even less so). The reason for its silence is due to its minute propellant charge (in many cases it’s just the primer with no gunpowder) which results in a low muzzle velocity of around 700 ft/s (subsonic).

The advantages of this kind of round in a serious survival situation (urban or wilderness) are obvious. With a report no louder than a pellet gun, the .22 CB Cap round gives you the benefit of being able to easily take smaller game — even in a congested urban area — without anyone the wiser (Pigeon anyone? yummy…). It also allows for target practice without bothering the pesky neighbors.

Well short of using a suppressor (silencer) which may not be legal in your area, there is a super quiet round available for your rifle that you may not be aware of. It’s called the 22 CB Cap (short for “conical ball cap”).

While not as powerful or accurate over long range as the 22LR round, it is still powerful enough to take small game such as rabbit or squirrel and provides the added advantage of being no louder than a pellet gun (and perhaps even less so). The reason for its silence is due to its minute propellant charge (in many cases it’s just the primer with no gunpowder) which results in a low muzzle velocity of around 700 ft/s (subsonic).

The advantages of this kind of round in a serious survival situation (urban or wilderness) are obvious. With a report no louder than a pellet gun, the .22 CB Cap round gives you the benefit of being able to easily take smaller game — even in a congested urban area — without anyone the wiser (Pigeon anyone? yummy…). It also allows for target practice without bothering the pesky neighbors.

I can use these in my MkII 5 1/2" target pistol and hold my thumb behind the slide.

They're *really* quiet if the action doesn't cycle and let the gas out that end.

I can use these in my MkII 5 1/2" target pistol and hold my thumb behind the slide.

They're *really* quiet if the action doesn't cycle and let the gas out that end.

David - What a good description. :nabble_smiley_good:

Jim - Never thought about holding my thumb behind the slide on my Woodsman. Cool! But in my lever action rifle they are super quiet.

David - What a good description. :nabble_smiley_good:

LMGTFY!!! :nabble_smiley_wink:

Now you're being Chris, David! :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Gary, if you are tasked with 'dispatching with prudence' many things, it becomes second nature.

We always used to have CB caps in the shooting galleries at the fair.

People would freak if you handed a gun and a full mag to a stranger in a huge crowd of people today!

Different times..... sadly.