Bullnose Forums

The Truck of Doom: An Occasional Build Thread

Looking good, Matthew! And only about 2 weeks to do the little things. :nabble_smiley_good:

And there aren't even that many little things to do:

Oil change

Check tire pressure

Check lights

Wash windows

Hang license plate collection

Um...???

How long has it been since the front wheel bearings were checked? Brakes & brake fluid? Lug nut torque?

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long has it been since the front wheel bearings were checked? Brakes & brake fluid? Lug nut torque?

I replaced the front wheel bearings about a year (~2500 miles) ago when I did the front brakes, so they should be good. Lug nuts will be checked when I air up the tires. Brake fluid is a good call, I should at least make sure it's all still there. *makes note*

After I got it back together and started up, I had a ticking noise from the front of the engine that was initially concerning. But maybe a mile into my test loop it had gone away, and it ran smoothly and quietly after that point.

Most likely just the #1 lifter pumping back up.

Nothing to see here, move along.

Looking good, Matthew! And only about 2 weeks to do the little things. :nabble_smiley_good:

And there aren't even that many little things to do:

Oil change

Check tire pressure

Check lights

Wash windows

Hang license plate collection

Um...???

You should definitely change the blinker fluid before embarking on such a long journey.

I still think clean parts look weird - I suppose that means I just need to clean and paint the rest of the engine compartment to match.

That sir is a slippery slope if there ever was one...lol. Once you start with just one part...

I hear the condition can progress beyond paint as well...do you know, I was looking into pricing for powder coating rims last night?

• 6 months later...

And, the muffler bearings! :nabble_smiley_whistling:

I should have done that while I was doing the u-joints...d'oh!!

Today my truck turned 40!

I was afraid I would have to post a sad photo of it quarantined in the garage, but it turned out that I needed to go out and pick up dinner tonight. So:

F833E8CE-1D85-43A9-8826-A544C207769C.jpeg.dd5081b8a2a1ce1640a5d294fcc7c515.jpeg

Stay safe, everyone!