Bullnose Forums

The Truck of Doom: An Occasional Build Thread

Congrats! 🎊

what the Heck is that, Gary? A piniata?

Jim - I do NOT know. Nor do it know from whence it came. :nabble_anim_confused:

Matthew - The AAA membership is a good addition when driving older vehicles. And, by the way, you can have a vehicle towed 100 miles at a time. So you can call them back for another tow. It's been done. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Matthew - The AAA membership is a good addition when driving older vehicles. And, by the way, you can have a vehicle towed 100 miles at a time. So you can call them back for another tow. It's been done. :nabble_smiley_wink:

That's good to know...but if I need to have the truck pulled that far, I'll just call my brother - he's volunteered to come get me if needed. Of course, I'm sure much of the reason he'd do it is so he could tell all his Chevy buddies that he dragged a Ford home...

That's good to know...but if I need to have the truck pulled that far, I'll just call my brother - he's volunteered to come get me if needed. Of course, I'm sure much of the reason he'd do it is so he could tell all his Chevy buddies that he dragged a Ford home...

Yes, they are out there lurking, just waiting for that to happen. Instead, my experience is the other way 'round. So wouldn't you be waiting, just like them? :nabble_smiley_evil:

Yes, they are out there lurking, just waiting for that to happen. Instead, my experience is the other way 'round. So wouldn't you be waiting, just like them? :nabble_smiley_evil:

True!

I've never actually pulled anybody with my Ford, but I did once pull my dad's Silverado with my Lexus mall-crawler SUV. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig: There's even video somewhere, if I can find it...

True!

I've never actually pulled anybody with my Ford, but I did once pull my dad's Silverado with my Lexus mall-crawler SUV. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig: There's even video somewhere, if I can find it...

Key updates:

New starter is in, truck fires up like a champ. I'm sure the new relay, new battery cable, and freshly cleaned electrical contacts don't hurt the situation.

After lunch the starter core goes back, and while I'm there I will pick up new A/C belts as well as a new power steering belt - the PS belt has to come off anyway to change the others, and it's the same age as the one that broke.

The world's worst adjustable wrench has been safely disposed of.

Oh, and the PB Blaster presoak of the U-joints is underway. I'm betting those are factory originals under there:

IMG_0382.jpg.a6f0318ad14d238d5829fb91758cb3a4.jpg

Key updates:

New starter is in, truck fires up like a champ. I'm sure the new relay, new battery cable, and freshly cleaned electrical contacts don't hurt the situation.

After lunch the starter core goes back, and while I'm there I will pick up new A/C belts as well as a new power steering belt - the PS belt has to come off anyway to change the others, and it's the same age as the one that broke.

The world's worst adjustable wrench has been safely disposed of.

Oh, and the PB Blaster presoak of the U-joints is underway. I'm betting those are factory originals under there:

Rear brakes next. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Don't forget to give your favorite counter girl a wink and a grin!

Key updates:
  • New starter is in, truck fires up like a champ. I'm sure the new relay, new battery cable, and freshly cleaned electrical contacts don't hurt the situation.
  • After lunch the starter core goes back, and while I'm there I will pick up new A/C belts as well as a new power steering belt - the PS belt has to come off anyway to change the others, and it's the same age as the one that broke.
  • The world's worst adjustable wrench has been safely disposed of.

Well done! Both the R&R of the starter as well the formatting of the post. :nabble_smiley_good:

I'm really glad to see someone else use the formatting. However, I think there's an easier way to do what you did. You can click the Formatting button and then the Bullet button. That puts code in that doesn't require going into HTML mode. And, you can then add line feeds between the bullets by hitting Enter whereas you need to use the "Line Feed" button in Formatting if you are in HTML mode.

I'm really glad to see someone else use the formatting. However, I think there's an easier way to do what you did. You can click the Formatting button and then the Bullet button. That puts code in that doesn't require going into HTML mode. And, you can then add line feeds between the bullets by hitting Enter whereas you need to use the "Line Feed" button in Formatting if you are in HTML mode.

In most cases I'm sure you're right. But I've been writing HTML for so long that it's almost second nature for me to insert the tags as I go. Plus, I'd rather not type along, then have to click on the formatting button, then find the item I want, then click to get between the tags, and then click to get outside them...