Bullnose Forums

The Truck of Doom: An Occasional Build Thread

Both are Copper core ©

I think the suffix is gap.

Remember, the DSII is .042-.046"

And the old points & condenser plugs are .030 & under

That chart you linked to (thanks, BTW) didn't seem to explain the difference between C and CA - but given that 'C' means copper, I'm going to assume 'CA' means 'copper alloy', and call it good.

And yes, I gapped them to .044" - right in the middle of the range listed on the label under the hood. :nabble_smiley_happy:

And in other news, my compression check came back nicely:

IMG_0341.jpg.a42087c24104a40841aca32b93a72979.jpg

Both are Copper core ©

I think the suffix is gap.

Remember, the DSII is .042-.046"

And the old points & condenser plugs are .030 & under

That chart you linked to (thanks, BTW) didn't seem to explain the difference between C and CA - but given that 'C' means copper, I'm going to assume 'CA' means 'copper alloy', and call it good.

And yes, I gapped them to .044" - right in the middle of the range listed on the label under the hood. :nabble_smiley_happy:

Another reason I like NGK's.

I have NEVER had one come with the wrong gap. (knock wood)

These were all good as well - I didn't actually have to change anything. But dad always taught me to never assume the guy in the factory was doing a good job that day.

These were all good as well - I didn't actually have to change anything. But dad always taught me to never assume the guy in the factory was doing a good job that day.

Things have changed since dad's time...

"The guy" is a computerized machine that doesn't come in hung over, need a pee break, get sick or injured on the job.

It also scans -probably- 10 plugs every second for at least two shifts every day.

Things have changed since dad's time...

"The guy" is a computerized machine that doesn't come in hung over, need a pee break, get sick or injured on the job.

It also scans -probably- 10 plugs every second for at least two shifts every day.

Don't even tell me that you long for (in Ray's words) Hipster, trysexual, artisanal, fair trade, and carbon neutral 'hand tested' spark plugs!

:nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

It's official - I'm completely out of things to do on the truck until after that Scout project sometime this month. Just finished swapping out the plugs, wires, cap, and rotor, and the test drive went very well. I've had an intermittent miss at idle for some time now, and while I didn't drive it far enough to say definitively that it's gone, I didn't notice it tonight.

I think next up will be the carburetor rebuild, after which I can get everything timed and adjusted to spec. Then it'll be time to get dirty under the truck...

It's official - I'm completely out of things to do on the truck until after that Scout project sometime this month. Just finished swapping out the plugs, wires, cap, and rotor, and the test drive went very well. I've had an intermittent miss at idle for some time now, and while I didn't drive it far enough to say definitively that it's gone, I didn't notice it tonight.

I think next up will be the carburetor rebuild, after which I can get everything timed and adjusted to spec. Then it'll be time to get dirty under the truck...

Well.

Waddya know, 'Job one, is job DONE!' 💪👏🏆🚀👑🎉📯🍻

It's official - I'm completely out of things to do on the truck until after that Scout project sometime this month.

OK, I lied...I forgot that I could do the windshield wiper blades. From my experience it always rains in Arkansas, so that was a must-do before September. :nabble_smiley_happy:

Speaking of windshield wipers...how much play is normal in the wiper arms? When they're in the 'off' position I can wiggle them 3"-4", which seems like a lot and probably contributes to the clunking noise when they reach the end of their sweep and reverse direction. Is it time to get new ones?

It's official - I'm completely out of things to do on the truck until after that Scout project sometime this month.

OK, I lied...I forgot that I could do the windshield wiper blades. From my experience it always rains in Arkansas, so that was a must-do before September. :nabble_smiley_happy:

Speaking of windshield wipers...how much play is normal in the wiper arms? When they're in the 'off' position I can wiggle them 3"-4", which seems like a lot and probably contributes to the clunking noise when they reach the end of their sweep and reverse direction. Is it time to get new ones?

Plastic linkage bushings inside the cowl.

Dorman has an assortment in the HELP! Section.

You can also use these for the clutch linkage on hydraulic trucks. (If the crank arm pin does not have a groove worn in it)

Plastic linkage bushings inside the cowl.

Dorman has an assortment in the HELP! Section.

Good to know, thanks. I’ve been planning to get into the cowl at some point anyway, this will be extra incentive.