Bullnose Forums

The Truck of Doom: An Occasional Build Thread

Let's see if this new page helps: Interior/Seats & Seat Tracks. And I think you need D1DZ 6261883-A, but see what you think. Looks to me like it is the same spring both sides.

So while I was glovebox spelunking today, guess what I found?

Yes, my very own D1DZ-6261883-A. I actually vaguely remember tossing it in there when I got the truck, having no idea what it went to or even whether it was part of the truck or not.

I'm not going to pull my seat out to put it on, either...I think my repair will hold. But if it doesn't, it's nice to know I've got a fallback.

Lol! I knew immediately what it was. And, by the way, that seat is beautiful. :nabble_smiley_good:

Let's see if this new page helps: Interior/Seats & Seat Tracks. And I think you need D1DZ 6261883-A, but see what you think. Looks to me like it is the same spring both sides.

So while I was glovebox spelunking today, guess what I found?

Yes, my very own D1DZ-6261883-A. I actually vaguely remember tossing it in there when I got the truck, having no idea what it went to or even whether it was part of the truck or not.

I'm not going to pull my seat out to put it on, either...I think my repair will hold. But if it doesn't, it's nice to know I've got a fallback.

So, you "put it in a safe place, for later"?

LOL. Every time I do this a little voice in my head says 'careful, you're going to need that'

And then I promptly put it out of my mind....

LOL. I put it right back in the glovebox; it survived in there for ~10 years, it can stay a little longer.

If I were smart I'd put it in the dedicated box of truck parts I have in the basement, but I'm not smart. I mean, surely I'll remember that I left it in the glovebox, right? :nabble_anim_confused:

LOL. I put it right back in the glovebox; it survived in there for ~10 years, it can stay a little longer.

If I were smart I'd put it in the dedicated box of truck parts I have in the basement, but I'm not smart. I mean, surely I'll remember that I left it in the glovebox, right? :nabble_anim_confused:

Yes, this time will be different. You will remember - that you have one. As for where it is.......

Lol! I knew immediately what it was. And, by the way, that seat is beautiful. :nabble_smiley_good:

Thanks! I'm really pleased with how everything turned out. Although, is it possible I forgot to post the final, as-installed photo? Huh.

IMG_0242.thumb.jpg.ea244edca39887f4db7c155d6e57a086.jpg

I got excited and took the photo before I installed the seat belts, but they're all in there now. And as a reminder of the hovel I was riding around in previously:

IMG_0060.thumb.jpg.d8d5aa503d3872c49a3340610aa667f5.jpg

All in all, a very satisfying effort.

Thanks! I'm really pleased with how everything turned out. Although, is it possible I forgot to post the final, as-installed photo? Huh.

I got excited and took the photo before I installed the seat belts, but they're all in there now. And as a reminder of the hovel I was riding around in previously:

Wow! Just WOW! That is a HUGE difference. Yes, it must be very satisfying. :nabble_anim_claps:

Soundproofed, new mat, painted trim AND a new seat?

I'd say you're ridin' in style Matthew! 👍

What a huge change.

I bet it feels good

What a huge change.

I bet it feels good

It really does. It's always amazed me how much impact even a little cleaning and maintenance can make when it comes to cars. It feels like a whole new truck in there.