Bullnose Forum

The Truck of Doom: An Occasional Build Thread

Today my truck turned 40!

I was afraid I would have to post a sad photo of it quarantined in the garage, but it turned out that I needed to go out and pick up dinner tonight. So:

Stay safe, everyone!

Be careful with these older vehicles with respiratory problems!

I was afraid I would have to post a sad photo of it quarantined in the garage, but it turned out that I needed to go out and pick up dinner tonight. So:

Stay safe, everyone!

Great to hear from you Matthew! :nabble_anim_jump:

Nice to see Grandpa's truck is getting it done.

Another survivor of the great zombie apocalypse

Stay safe, everyone!

Matthew! Good to see from you! Truck looks good, but lonesome.

Are you taking classes from home?

Makes sense to me:

• Defenestration is out

• Enfenestration is in

:nabble_smiley_good:

Just started reading this build, loved this gem. Had some thoughts to add. If the root for defenestration is defense, as in forcing invaders back out keep windows and the like, then the root for in should be offensive. So I'm voting we change in to Offenestration. That's all I've got for now, back to reading.

Thanks, good to be back! Not that I'd ever really left...and I have been reading up on some threads periodically. But with one thing and another the truck has taken a back seat for a while, so not a whole lot of cause to post here. Although now that spring has arrived, I expect that to change somewhat.

And it was definitely a lonely ride to the wing joint to pick up dinner, but the truck *has* made some new friends recently. At the last robotics competition before the season got cancelled, the organizers gave us half of the competition carpet, on the condition we could haul it home that night:

IMG_1504.jpg.f9b4cc4198ca184f68280e27b4df47e1.jpg

IMG_1505.jpg.5c08fd81289002aa36769ed373f297d2.jpg

Nope! Those of us who have finally graduated have no need for online learning. :nabble_smiley_happy:

Thanks, good to be back! Not that I'd ever really left...and I have been reading up on some threads periodically. But with one thing and another the truck has taken a back seat for a while, so not a whole lot of cause to post here. Although now that spring has arrived, I expect that to change somewhat.

And it was definitely a lonely ride to the wing joint to pick up dinner, but the truck *has* made some new friends recently. At the last robotics competition before the season got cancelled, the organizers gave us half of the competition carpet, on the condition we could haul it home that night:

Nope! Those of us who have finally graduated have no need for online learning. :nabble_smiley_happy:

Sorry, forgot you'd graduated. Good job!

As for the robotics competition, so many things have been canceled it makes me wonder what life will be like afterward. But, these sacrifices are pretty small in comparison to what some are making. I won't complain.

Sorry, forgot you'd graduated. Good job!

As for the robotics competition, so many things have been canceled it makes me wonder what life will be like afterward. But, these sacrifices are pretty small in comparison to what some are making. I won't complain.

I see you're not at church..

I see you're not at church..

Our church has also cancelled regular services. They were supposed to be livestreaming a mini-sermon of some kind today, but due to technical difficulties that didn't happen.

It's just as well that they've cancelled; three weeks ago, when it was clear what was coming but the craziness hadn't set in, the pastor and assistant pastor demonstrated some alternate ways of greeting one another (the foot tap, the elbow bump, etc) that we could use going forward. And when we got to the part of that day's service where we were supposed to greet each other...everyone promptly started hugging and handshaking. :nabble_smiley_scared:

I expect the congregation to be noticeably smaller once this is past. :nabble_smiley_sad:

Our church has also cancelled regular services. They were supposed to be livestreaming a mini-sermon of some kind today, but due to technical difficulties that didn't happen.

It's just as well that they've cancelled; three weeks ago, when it was clear what was coming but the craziness hadn't set in, the pastor and assistant pastor demonstrated some alternate ways of greeting one another (the foot tap, the elbow bump, etc) that we could use going forward. And when we got to the part of that day's service where we were supposed to greet each other...everyone promptly started hugging and handshaking. :nabble_smiley_scared:

I expect the congregation to be noticeably smaller once this is past. :nabble_smiley_sad:

We are a hugging congregation too, so it wasn't going to work very well for us.

But, I fear you are right - our congregation will be smaller when this is over. :nabble_smiley_cry: