Bullnose Forum

The Truck of Doom: An Occasional Build Thread

Bought one of these back in the mid 80’s, so I think the longevity is good. I used to use it a lot.

Got some adapters awhile back so I could use it on my vehicles. Haven’t used it on my vehicles yet though.

https://aircraft-tool.com/shop/detail.aspx?id=2E-KIT

Mine is Motion Pro, as I was more into bikes back then and I got it through the parts counter at my local Yamaha dealer.

IMG_20190826_131248.thumb.jpg.c6e0af7cb1cefe9565c13e6e3f147416.jpg

Mine is Motion Pro, as I was more into bikes back then and I got it through the parts counter at my local Yamaha dealer.

Do either of you know what size of orifice your tester has? I think mine's got a .040" as that's what I've found is the standard, so surely that's what I put in there.

My understanding is that the difference is how sensitive they are. In other words, one with a .040 will make things look worse than one w/a larger orifice.

I just looked at the link you posted, then looked at 'similar'.

The North Star brand pushes 5 CFM @ 90 PSIG.

If you have enough leakage that it can't recover past the (probably 85) low set point of the pressure switch, I'm mighty surprised.

Again, don't get in deeper with your wife.

Let me know if you need to borrow it.

Or you could do the test at Gary's, and document it for the tech section of the forum! :nabble_smiley_thinking:. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Do either of you know what size of orifice your tester has? I think mine's got a .040" as that's what I've found is the standard, so surely that's what I put in there.

My understanding is that the difference is how sensitive they are. In other words, one with a .040 will make things look worse than one w/a larger orifice.

I'll check the manual later.

Back to work....

Again, don't get in deeper with your wife.

Let me know if you need to borrow it.

I appreciate the offer...but I hate borrowing stuff, especially when I can't return it promptly and in person. Plus, I'm not actually in trouble yet...I can just see it on the horizon if I get too much more 'truck stuff' in the mail. :nabble_smiley_happy:

Or you could do the test at Gary's, and document it for the tech section of the forum! :nabble_smiley_thinking:. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Unlike a PMGR swap, this is the kind of on-the-road work I could get behind!

Yep - Worst we could do is to drop a plug and have to go to the parts store. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Not even that - I should have two in the spare parts bin that's coming out with me. :nabble_smiley_good:

Yep - Worst we could do is to drop a plug and have to go to the parts store. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Not even that - I should have two in the spare parts bin that's coming out with me. :nabble_smiley_good:

Sounds like a plan, Stan. :nabble_smiley_good:

When are you getting in again?

Sounds like a plan, Stan. :nabble_smiley_good:

When are you getting in again?

Friday afternoon/evening, depending on how far I make it on Thursday.

And...assuming I don't get called up for strike duty. My munificent employer is still negotiating with the union in the southeast, and this time around the union is being a bit more rambunctious than usual. If they go out for real, or even convince the company that they're likely to go out, I can get put on vacation lockdown, or worst case get deployed to South Carolina to play lineman. :nabble_smiley_cry:

Normally I don't even consider the possibility, but this year everything's been weird.