Bullnose Forum

The Truck of Doom: An Occasional Build Thread

You do know that the way drum geometry is set up they are self applying when going forward, right?

And that there is always a front and back shoe?
Fixed it for you, Jim. :nabble_smiley_wink:
Ahhh yes!And self adjusting when going backwards....Gary, your diagram has the p/n for the Motorcraft hardware and shoes, right?

Ahhh yes!

And self adjusting when going backwards....

Gary, your diagram has the p/n for the Motorcraft hardware and shoes, right?

Should have the generic part number in the diagram, and then there should be the specific part numbers with prefix and suffix in the Part Numbers list.

Should we take this over to the truck of doom?

Maybe Gary can move it for us????

Done. But I should have made sure Matthew wanted it there as it is his thread and posts. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Thanks for taking the initiative Gary.

Matthew prefaced his post with (para) I don't want to hijack this thread.

That is why I was asking him

Done. But I should have made sure Matthew wanted it there as it is his thread and posts. :nabble_smiley_blush:

It’s all good. I was going to drop the topic there and restart it here closer to when I plan to do the work (probably not until after the show in September), but having it all here just makes it easier to find. :nabble_smiley_happy:

It’s all good. I was going to drop the topic there and restart it here closer to when I plan to do the work (probably not until after the show in September), but having it all here just makes it easier to find. :nabble_smiley_happy:

Today's tiny victory: got the lock back in the door, and a new screw to hold the window crank on:

IMG_0309.jpg.78839d5ca39f9495913f8cb2a1a9ed1f.jpg

The lock assembly went back into the panel with no problem, and feels nice and solid when locking/unlocking the door. There's no way to predict how long the repair will hold, but for now I'm feeling confident.

I'll probably start on the tune-up next, since I don't yet know when the Eagle project is supposed to happen. One step at a time.

Today's tiny victory: got the lock back in the door.

One step at a time.

Another layer of the onion, as Gary would say.

Your interior looks better by the day Matthew!

I would be afraid to drive it.

And it seems like a very solid repair.

Here's to not having to fiddle with that :nabble_poo-23_orig:slider again.

:nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Today's tiny victory: got the lock back in the door, and a new screw to hold the window crank on:

The lock assembly went back into the panel with no problem, and feels nice and solid when locking/unlocking the door. There's no way to predict how long the repair will hold, but for now I'm feeling confident.

I'll probably start on the tune-up next, since I don't yet know when the Eagle project is supposed to happen. One step at a time.

Well done, Matthew! I think it is more than a tiny victory as the broken locks look awful. And as Jim said, you interior is getting better with each removal of a layer. :nabble_smiley_good:

Well done, Matthew! I think it is more than a tiny victory as the broken locks look awful. And as Jim said, you interior is getting better with each removal of a layer. :nabble_smiley_good:

Heh, thanks. The surest sign that things are looking up is that my wife was approving of the truck when she rode in it today; she hadn't been in it since the seat was redone. She pointed out that her feet weren't hot and the A/C didn't pee on her, both complaints of hers in the past.

I'm really just about out of interior work to do at this point. I need to clean and polish the sun visor brackets, and the visors themselves could do with replacement (but not at the prices I'm seeing online). And if I got really motivated I could repaint the face of the glovebox and dashboard. But aside from that I'm done...and once I get the truck painted next year, it will be something to be proud of.