Bullnose Forums

87-96 Bricknose Tailgate on a Bullnose

Thanks very much for posting these. I ended up taking a trip to an area pick & pull and found a brick nose and bullnose to compare side by side.

More surprisingly, there was a donor bullnose that had a straight $40 tailgate! The truck I pulled it from was a different color; so amazingly this tailgate has survived 30+ years in the PA/NJ rust-zone to be on at least its third truck(just look at the "fender rust repair-panels on the donor truck!). It's not perfect, but much better than the repro that's been hanging off of my truck.

Congrat's!!! That is a great buy/find! :nabble_anim_claps:

Congrat's!!! That is a great buy/find! :nabble_anim_claps:

Thanks guys! And thanks for lending your truck knowledge to a noobie!

Gary- off subject here- but I was digging through a Ford trucks forum and saw an old post with your name with a picture of a 82 lwb with some '93+ 10-hole alloy wheels. Is/was that yours? I'm curious on that wheel fitment. I saw some of wheels for sale and really like the look but understand that they are a 5x5.5 lug pattern vs bullnose 5x4.5.

Mark

Gary- off subject here- but I was digging through a Ford trucks forum and saw an old post with your name with a picture of a 82 lwb with some '93+ 10-hole alloy wheels. Is/was that yours? I'm curious on that wheel fitment. I saw some of wheels for sale and really like the look but understand that they are a 5x5.5 lug pattern vs bullnose 5x4.5.

Mark

Most Ford pickups with 5 lugs are 5 1/2" bolt circle.

Maybe the non assisted F100's had smaller hubs?

Most Ford pickups with 5 lugs are 5 1/2" bolt circle.

Maybe the non assisted F100's had smaller hubs?

Confirmed.

The F100 2wd without power brakes had a 5x4.5 pattern.

Brings me back to last week when someone with one of these trucks wanted to beef it up for trailer duty. *edited because the thinking about it emoji might be misconstrued as rolling eyes*

Mark

Yes, that was me. But Jim is right, the vast majority of the lighter-duty F-Series trucks roll on a 5 1/2" bolt circle. Only a few of the F100's used the car bolt pattern of 4 1/2".

So, is the 4 1/2" what you have, Mark?

Yes, that was me. But Jim is right, the vast majority of the lighter-duty F-Series trucks roll on a 5 1/2" bolt circle. Only a few of the F100's used the car bolt pattern of 4 1/2".

So, is the 4 1/2" what you have, Mark?

I think it was Mark Twain that said, " A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way".

Went out again this morning and measured from center of lug to outside of far-side lug and got 5.5. I guess I measured wrong the first time. Looks like I may be able to replace the steel wheels & hubcaps with some newer F150 wheels:)

I think it was Mark Twain that said, " A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way".

Went out again this morning and measured from center of lug to outside of far-side lug and got 5.5. I guess I measured wrong the first time. Looks like I may be able to replace the steel wheels & hubcaps with some newer F150 wheels:)

I think they stayed the same up through '95 then went metric with the 1996 model year restyle.

I think they stayed the same up through '95 then went metric with the 1996 model year restyle.

*97 was the terrible, terrible restyle.

Thanks for that. :nabble_anim_handshake:

I swear I can't remember something like a huge body style change sometimes.

So Ford started installing metric axles during '96 for the '97 model year trucks.

One more year where you can find those nice aluminum rims...