Bullnose Forums

‘82 Bronco restoration

Dk46

GM typically uses double-wound motors, or relays to reverse them. Ford typically uses polarity-reversing switches or circuits to run lock & window motors forward & backward. If a switch has 5 or more terminals, it might work in a Ford circuit. Or if you're willing to build the circuit, you can use 3-wire (GM-style) switches.

This one will work in Ford circuits:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001TQUARM

• 2 weeks later...

GM typically uses double-wound motors, or relays to reverse them. Ford typically uses polarity-reversing switches or circuits to run lock & window motors forward & backward. If a switch has 5 or more terminals, it might work in a Ford circuit. Or if you're willing to build the circuit, you can use 3-wire (GM-style) switches.

This one will work in Ford circuits:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001TQUARM

Been busy with body work and sanding....and sanding.... Finally got the primer on and some interior and underhood painted. So I decided to post a few photosIMG_20190709_203823788.jpg.2cfbed631a309b1672bc95321bd77e9b.jpgIMG_20190709_203818745.jpg.6b2a565e10168452c99b66f1c207a402.jpgIMG_20190709_203757379.jpg.c0cab6a5d543dd645e5ca839317c9bcc.jpg

Notice my use of the always free with coupon harbor freight moving blanket.

Been busy with body work and sanding....and sanding.... Finally got the primer on and some interior and underhood painted. So I decided to post a few photos

Notice my use of the always free with coupon harbor freight moving blanket.

Cool! Well done! When will the painting be done?

Probably in a week or so, lot of family summer stuff going on. Besides, 100° plus days makes it hard to go at it for to long.

I hear you on the heat as it has been in the mid to upper 90's here.

4th July weekend I forced myself to get work done. I started about 6am and when it got to 100* in the garage by 2pm I called it quits.

Dave ----

Probably in a week or so, lot of family summer stuff going on. Besides, 100° plus days makes it hard to go at it for to long.

I hear you on the heat as it has been in the mid to upper 90's here.

4th July weekend I forced myself to get work done. I started about 6am and when it got to 100* in the garage by 2pm I called it quits.

Dave ----

Looking for some clipt to attach the body trim. I can get the nut that goes in the truck but not the clip itself.heres a pic.IMG_20190528_210126910.jpg.f3b9bafc15b802c56d7ada11ff373cdf.jpg

Thanks for any help you can give

Looking for some clipt to attach the body trim. I can get the nut that goes in the truck but not the clip itself.heres a pic.

Thanks for any help you can give

Anyone???? I know with all the knowledge in here someone has a source.......

Anyone???? I know with all the knowledge in here someone has a source.......

I thought Gary posted this up in another thread?

Did you check the bible at the top to see if there is at least a picture with the base part number and that can be looked up from there.

Dave ----

I thought Gary posted this up in another thread?

Did you check the bible at the top to see if there is at least a picture with the base part number and that can be looked up from there.

Dave ----

Yes I found the part number, it was for the ."barrell nut" that goes in the hole in the body of the truck. I need the piece that goes in the chrome trim itself. I read somewhere that Ford only offered them with the trim but I figured they would be aftermarket somewhere.

Yes I found the part number, it was for the ."barrell nut" that goes in the hole in the body of the truck. I need the piece that goes in the chrome trim itself. I read somewhere that Ford only offered them with the trim but I figured they would be aftermarket somewhere.

The only mfr. I know of for clips like that is Au-Ve-Co. But most of what I've found that they make is metal, or interior-colored plastic.