Bullnose Forums

Big Blue's Transformation

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks, Dane. It'll look a bit bigger when I put the front dress on. Those brackets stick out a mile on either side.

Today I got the flywheel, pilot bearing, clutch, & pressure plate installed. And then I installed the alternator bracket, the A/C and P/S bracket, belt tensioner, and the crank pulley. That seems to make the engine look a bit bigger. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Front_Dress_On.thumb.jpg.28d0115a9210d3334dfd9c0342cb3402.jpg

Today I got the flywheel, pilot bearing, clutch, & pressure plate installed. And then I installed the alternator bracket, the A/C and P/S bracket, belt tensioner, and the crank pulley. That seems to make the engine look a bit bigger. :nabble_smiley_wink:

So odd to see an EFI 460 in a Bullnose!

You'll have Big Blue under power in no time. 👍

That's what's in Darth, and MAF/SEFI 460.

Yep, Bill. And I may win the race to have the new MAF/SEFI 460 up an running. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Dane - I thought those brackets would make it look a bit bigger. They aren't heavy as they are aluminum, but they look substantial.

Jim - It feels like it might actually happen this year. That I might actually get to drive it to the show in Sept. :nabble_anim_jump:

Yep, Bill. And I may win the race to have the new MAF/SEFI 460 up an running. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Dane - I thought those brackets would make it look a bit bigger. They aren't heavy as they are aluminum, but they look substantial.

Jim - It feels like it might actually happen this year. That I might actually get to drive it to the show in Sept. :nabble_anim_jump:

What are your plans for the front shaft and t-case? Are you running the stock 1345 or the 1356 that came with your ZF5? I can't remember if you got the front double cardan shaft with that too?

What are your plans for the front shaft and t-case? Are you running the stock 1345 or the 1356 that came with your ZF5? I can't remember if you got the front double cardan shaft with that too?

I'm going to run the 1345, but have the correct output flange so I can use the double-cardan shaft that came with the 1356. (The 1356 got a different flange to take a single-cardan shaft and is going in Dad's truck. :nabble_smiley_thinking:)

I have a kit so I can rebuild the 1345, add the oil pump mod, and install the new flange. And paint it.

That would be because you have how many trucks, of which how many are running and being driven? I have one truck and when the time comes it will need to be a press to get him back on the road.