Bullnose Forums

Big Blue's Transformation

Maybe. There's 42 seconds until half time and then I'm going back to the shop to see if I can find part numbers on them. Or, bolt things together differently.

Well, I am HAPPY to say that I'm a DUNCE! :nabble_anim_jump: & :nabble_smiley_blush:

I was trying to put the pressure plate on un-tapped holes on the flywheel. When I realized that and moved to the tapped holes it lined up perfectly. I now have bolts in the holes to prove it.

Well, I am HAPPY to say that I'm a DUNCE! :nabble_anim_jump: & :nabble_smiley_blush:

I was trying to put the pressure plate on un-tapped holes on the flywheel. When I realized that and moved to the tapped holes it lined up perfectly. I now have bolts in the holes to prove it.

Watching football will lower your mental capacity.

Then I must be a dunce by now. This is my third game today. :nabble_anim_crazy:

But it was yesterday that I thought the parts didn't fit. So if I've lowered my mental capacity from that..... :nabble_smiley_argh:

I was under the assumption that Gary already knew there should only be one way that a plate will fit the flywheel, and that he had already spun the thing all around and every which way before he came to his conclusion. Next time I will assume differently. :nabble_anim_blbl:

All jokes aside, I'm glad you got it sorted. Where are the pictures? Why don't we have a "Moar Pics" or "Need Pics" smiley?

I was under the assumption that Gary already knew there should only be one way that a plate will fit the flywheel, and that he had already spun the thing all around and every which way before he came to his conclusion. Next time I will assume differently. :nabble_anim_blbl:

All jokes aside, I'm glad you got it sorted. Where are the pictures? Why don't we have a "Moar Pics" or "Need Pics" smiley?

Gary shouldn't be allowed out w/o a supervisor. :nabble_smiley_blush:

However, this flywheel looks like it came from an Erector set with all the holes. I think you could bolt on a Honda clutch.

As for an emoji/smiley, point me to one. :nabble_smiley_wink:

But, if you want pics then I can get them this afternoon - after and before church.

But, if you want pics then I can get them this afternoon - after and before church.

You said the following:

I now have bolts in the holes to prove it.

But you didn't give us any pics to prove it?

:nabble_anim_confused:

Shaun - Do you read lips? :nabble_anim_blbl:

I only have 6 bolts in as that's all that was on Big Blue's previous clutch plate. But this one takes 8 so I'll take a trip to the parts store soon. Anyway, here's a before/after shot:

LuK_Flywheel.thumb.jpg.3e4bba5dda0b58dbd8ec45fcc9dba56f.jpgLuK_Clutch_Bolted_To_Flywheel.thumb.jpg.b09e88469c9812de4a7aefca97a5b5d0.jpg

Shaun - Do you read lips? :nabble_anim_blbl:

I only have 6 bolts in as that's all that was on Big Blue's previous clutch plate. But this one takes 8 so I'll take a trip to the parts store soon. Anyway, here's a before/after shot:

Gee, it looks like it's drilled for all possible clutches used on a 460, and it it is made in a 0 balance and unbalanced version, probably a 429 CJ and SCJ too.