Bullnose Forums

Big Blue's Transformation

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For the most part I think Big Blue is D.O.N.E.

Don't miss the lead in - "for the most part". There could be additional projects, but I'm thinking I'm going to start posting in WHYDTYTT for things about BB.
Congratulations Gary… considering that completion is somewhat of a mirage, you have accomplished much and it must feel great to be at this point in the journey :nabble_anim_claps:

Congratulations Gary… considering that completion is somewhat of a mirage, you have accomplished much and it must feel great to be at this point in the journey :nabble_anim_claps:

Thanks, Jonathan. It has been quite a journey, but I think I've achieved what I set out to do - create a truck capable of going anywhere and providing a base from which to camp when you get there.

But you are right, it is a bit of a mirage. In fact, as I think about it I do want to upgrade the headlights and that may be part of "transformation". :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

Thanks, Jonathan. It has been quite a journey, but I think I've achieved what I set out to do - create a truck capable of going anywhere and providing a base from which to camp when you get there.

But you are right, it is a bit of a mirage. In fact, as I think about it I do want to upgrade the headlights and that may be part of "transformation". :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

Good job! :nabble_anim_claps:

Thanks, Dane. I'm assuming your comment is about the shocks, not the 359 pages of seemingly endless work. :nabble_smiley_wink:

The shocks are part of the seemingly endless work! Good job on all of it!

Project trucks are never "done", but I get what you're saying as my Bronco is almost where Big Blue is. Time to use it and put some time into other projects!:nabble_anim_jump:

Project trucks are never "done", but I get what you're saying as my Bronco is almost where Big Blue is. Time to use it and put some time into other projects!:nabble_anim_jump:

Thanks, guys.

Seemingly Endless: This quest, or at least this thread, started on May 19, 2019. That's roughly 3 1/2 years ago, but it seems like a lifetime. Man, a whole lot has happened since then, far more than I envisioned when I started. But I can't think of any of it that I wouldn't do had I to do it over again.

Other Projects: Dad's truck has been patiently awaiting its turn, and I think it has come. There are still things to be tweaked on Big Blue, but they are just that - tweaking. For instance I've been chatting with Pormido and they don't quite have the waterproof front camera perfected yet. But when they do I want to change to that. And swapping out the headlights might be tweaking?

For the most part I think Big Blue is D.O.N.E.
Really?:nabble_smiley_wink:
Yes, there are little things I'd like to do. For instance...
Ok Gary, I see.:nabble_smiley_evil:
Yep, tweaking is the right word. For instance, Pormido sent me a note saying they have a new firmware out for the mirror and it "upgrades the zoom function which have more levels to adjust - more flexible." So I'm going to install it and check it out today.

And yesterday I installed the Petzel rechargeable battery in my headlamp. And then, realizing I'd not tested the 12V power ports in the bed I put a USB charger in one of them and plugged the headlamp in to see that it charged. When it did I moved it to the other power port and it charged there as well. Satisfied with that I put the headlamp in the storage unit behind the seat and plugged it into a USB charger there so when the key is on it'll charge - just like the flashlight, the spare battery for the other flashlight, the two walkie talkies, and the jump start battery.

Oh, and I put the SD card back in the Pormido mirror so that the rear view position comes up where I want it every time the key is turned on. (The camera has a lot greater vertical display range than the mirror does, so you can scroll up/down to see what you want to see. I don't understand why an SD card is required for that function, but Pormido said it is and, sure enough, it is.) And then I adjusted the rear camera's viewing angle and then Loctited it in that position.

But I don't think y'all really want to read about all of that trivial stuff so I won't tell you. :nabble_smiley_wink: