Bullnose Forums

Big Blue's Transformation

So that red line is 1/4"?

Seems to me that you need a simple inline Tee x 1/8 male NPT to fit the Tee your gauge and valve are set in.

I thought it needed a mounting lug or bulkhead connector, or something... :nabble_smiley_thinking:

Yes, the red line is 1/4". And yes, if I could find the right push-connect tee that would be great. But I haven't found one so I ordered the ones from Utah and will use a brass tee.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, the red line is 1/4". And yes, if I could find the right push-connect tee that would be great. But I haven't found one so I ordered the ones from Utah and will use a brass tee.

Like this...

51RamELfZPL.jpg.1ea57bd4c7fe1e171b2fb93f7775f0dd.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0876VYRDF/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1?pf_rd_p=dd2c6db7-6626-466d-bf04-9570e69a7df0&pf_rd_r=B1R3Y2RJNSK31DZKJNQP&pd_rd_wg=g23fF&pd_rd_w=jaVMi&content-id=amzn1.sym.dd2c6db7-6626-466d-bf04-9570e69a7df0&pd_rd_r=6373a15b-0ec0-4203-b5bc-01c2bbdc899f&s=hi&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9kZXRhaWxfdGhlbWF0aWM&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzVVY1Mk5HU1VQUVlJJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwODkwODQ1MTVLV1RMMlhPUFhMSiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMjk3NjA3MlZTQTU3NllETzRQOCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2RldGFpbF90aGVtYXRpYyZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1

I don't suppose these fittings need DOT approval for air brakes?

Because there are a bunch that do.

But this is the brand you chose from that jungle river tomorrow place.....

Here's one that's actually from Firestone...

fs-branch-swivel.jpg.3c92b2492d272d7f9855a0cf4186d319.jpg

https://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=9865&gclid=Cj0KCQjw-fmZBhDtARIsAH6H8qjo6WUTuO0oIrJ8QXipUOYZLqYJRORbul8nlee-XRxkCQNDoUrpIZcaAtMDEALw_wcB

I didn't find that one. Wish I had as it would have simplified the installation. But the other ones are already on order from that jungle place. Supposed to be in on Saturday.

As for DOT approval, Utah has some that are. In fact they have a tee like the TAILONZ one you found. However, they are made differently and are said to take a DOT-approved hose. My fear is that the hose I have is different and might not fit that tee, like with a smaller ID.

71OBKpK-z0L.thumb.jpg.890e1aa273463ddbab0fdb9e55ab4f2f.jpg

I didn't find that one. Wish I had as it would have simplified the installation. But the other ones are already on order from that jungle place. Supposed to be in on Saturday.

As for DOT approval, Utah has some that are. In fact they have a tee like the TAILONZ one you found. However, they are made differently and are said to take a DOT-approved hose. My fear is that the hose I have is different and might not fit that tee, like with a smaller ID.

Man, that one from Firestone would have been great. But the ones I ordered will work. :nabble_smiley_sad:

It's Amazon, you can always cancel.

I know we're in different locations.

I can still get that Tee for Saturday if I order in the next 4:45

That's what I was doing. Canceled the Utah ones and ordered the TAILONZ PNEUMATIC Male Branch Tee instead. It will make the installation easier and will be here Saturday, the same day the Utah ones would have been here. And, it is cheaper.

Thanks! :nabble_anim_handshake:

That's what I was doing. Canceled the Utah ones and ordered the TAILONZ PNEUMATIC Male Branch Tee instead. It will make the installation easier and will be here Saturday, the same day the Utah ones would have been here. And, it is cheaper.

Thanks! :nabble_anim_handshake:

I think that price is for TWO.... :nabble_smiley_cool:

Screenshot_2022-10-06-20-02-19-393.thumb.jpeg.ed5b99bb1878d082b070c7c524c027b3.jpeg

I think that price is for TWO.... :nabble_smiley_cool:

Gary if you use compression fittings on nylon line/tube you have to put an insert into the line. It keeps the tube sleeve from collapsing to much.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/c/mega-crimp/gates-mega-crimp-air-fitting/gat8/g320400004/v/a/3410/automotive-truck-1984-chevrolet-k20-pickup-4wd?q=g32040-0004&pos=0

This shows a steel one but all the ones i have put in were brass.