Bullnose Forums

Big Blue's Transformation

Gary, I figured you would go for something like this to inflate directly from the cab..

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/firestone-ride-rite-air-adjustable-leveling-control-panel-2149/_/R-BBQZ-2149

Jim - Currently the trailer hitch sits below the bumper, so there's no way anything can get to the bumper. I'll post a pic tomorrow showing that.

As for the trip with my son in October, that's not likely to happen. He had to have foot surgery recently and doesn't think he's going to be ready. BUT, I want to be ready, and this is the last thing in order to be there.

Bruce - I thought about something like that, but don't think I'll need to be adding air all that often. So I opted for the cheaper solution.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jim - Currently the trailer hitch sits below the bumper, so there's no way anything can get to the bumper. I'll post a pic tomorrow showing that.

As for the trip with my son in October, that's not likely to happen. He had to have foot surgery recently and doesn't think he's going to be ready. BUT, I want to be ready, and this is the last thing in order to be there.

Bruce - I thought about something like that, but don't think I'll need to be adding air all that often. So I opted for the cheaper solution.

Sorry to hear of *Bret's injury

I wish him a speedy and complete recovery.

Other than completing the air bags do you feel Big Blue is where you want him?

Do you have other long term plans for BB?

Or is it time to move on to the Bee... or Dad's Truck.... Or that French thing?

Sorry to hear of *Bret's injury

I wish him a speedy and complete recovery.

Other than completing the air bags do you feel Big Blue is where you want him?

Do you have other long term plans for BB?

Or is it time to move on to the Bee... or Dad's Truck.... Or that French thing?

Thanks. I'll pass your wishes on. :nabble_smiley_good:

With the completion of the air bags I think I'll "there" with Big Blue. But I'm expecting to have a bit of "tuning" to do on the air bags, so I'm not ready to declare I'm done when the bags are hooked up. I need to drive it a bit and see if the bags slam into the cradles on bumps when only running ~5 psi.

If that happens I'll need to add either the 1/2" or 1" spacers to the lower mount. And then when I get it where I want it I'll need to cut the loooooong carriage bolts to length. However, that won't take too long, and doesn't have to be done before going on a trip, so if we do get to go I think it'll be ready.

As for "next", that's going to be Dad's truck and I hope to do that pretty soon when we get back from our up-coming cruise.

The "French thing" has been promised back to Janey's cousin, although I don't think he's really going to take it. The reason is he bought a '69 Bacaruda convertible in pretty decent condition, so I'd bet he is going to pass on the '50.

The '69 Bee may be my last major project. If so it'll probably be done by bolting in a crate engine. Or, maybe a modern Hemi/transmission combo? Or, maybe truly restore it? :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

With the completion of the air bags I think I'll "there" with Big Blue. But I'm expecting to have a bit of "tuning" to do on the air bags, so I'm not ready to declare I'm done when the bags are hooked up. I need to drive it a bit and see if the bags slam into the cradles on bumps when only running ~5 psi.

If that happens I'll need to add either the 1/2" or 1" spacers to the lower mount. And then when I get it where I want it I'll need to cut the loooooong carriage bolts to length. However, that won't take too long, and doesn't have to be done before going on a trip, so if we do get to go I think it'll be ready.

As for "next", that's going to be Dad's truck and I hope to do that pretty soon when we get back from our up-coming cruise.

The "French thing" has been promised back to Janey's cousin, although I don't think he's really going to take it. The reason is he bought a '69 Bacaruda convertible in pretty decent condition, so I'd bet he is going to pass on the '50.

The '69 Bee may be my last major project. If so it'll probably be done by bolting in a crate engine. Or, maybe a modern Hemi/transmission combo? Or, maybe truly restore it? :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

Modern Hemi and trans, I do believe that there are crate packages available, 392 Hemi + hopefully a durable automatic as right now the RWD autos are having issues.

Modern Hemi and trans, I do believe that there are crate packages available, 392 Hemi + hopefully a durable automatic as right now the RWD autos are having issues.

Yes, there are packages with the Hemi and tranny. But I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better to go back "stock". I have all of the stuff and it would be pretty easy to do.

We'll debate this when the time comes. Who knows what I'll be capable of doing by that time. Or want to do? :nabble_smiley_wink:

Dad's Truck seems to have most all the ducks in a row.

I could see it not taking a year to completion.

The Bee??? It's your's (and Janey's) but I'd think if it were mine and not too far gone I would bring it back to near stock.

If for nothing else, to remind me how far I've come.

Hellehant swaps are the new LS swap, and you would have to REALLY change that car to handle over 1,000 Rwh.

The guy I got the F450 from has a modern **Challenger Demon with 860 pure motor and a 350 shot of nitrous, Wilwood brakes, etc..

It's honestly no fun without the modern "nanny" systems keeping you from blowing it up or constantly loosing traction.

Please, -if it's complete, and unmolested except for period correct mods- just put it back with an old school juicy crate motor and some fresh surfaces, or trade it with someone who wants and has the means for an immaculate restoration. and build the hell out of their junk car.

(Auto fill making me look dumber than I already am. :nabble_smiley_blush:)

The Bee??? It's your's (and Janey's) but I'd think if it were mine and not too far gone I would bring it back to near stock.

Hellehant swaps are the new LS swap, and you would have to REALLY change that car to handle over 1,000 Rwh.

The guy I got the F450 from has a modern **Challenger Demon with 860 pure motor and a 350 shot of nitrous, Wilwood brakes, etc..

It's honestly no fun without the modern "nanny" systems keeping you from blowing it up or constantly loosing traction.

Please, -if it's complete, and unmolested except for period correct mods- just put it back with an old school juicy crate motor and some fresh surfaces, or trade it with someone who wants and has the means for an immaculate restoration. and build the hell out of their junk car.

I've been waiting for years to see Dad's Truck get put back on the main burner. :nabble_smiley_good:

Jim - You and I are thinking alike. There's really not much wrong with the 383 that's in it, so I might be able to do it with that engine. Or, if I have to go with a new engine, perhaps a 440 crank in the 383 block which gives 426 CI?

I don't really want the car to be blindingly fast. Just really cool! And with the cold air intake hood & scoops, it will look cool.

Sean - It is about to happen. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Jim - You and I are thinking alike. There's really not much wrong with the 383 that's in it, so I might be able to do it with that engine. Or, if I have to go with a new engine, perhaps a 440 crank in the 383 block which gives 426 CI?

I don't really want the car to be blindingly fast. Just really cool! And with the cold air intake hood & scoops, it will look cool.

Sean - It is about to happen. :nabble_smiley_wink:

7 litre sounds about right!

I'm sure it would sound right under the hood. :nabble_smiley_good:

You seem to have a thing for 'factory strokers'.

Old Mopar seems to still have a lot of aftermarket support.

7 litre sounds about right!

I'm sure it would sound right under the hood. :nabble_smiley_good:

You seem to have a thing for 'factory strokers'.

Old Mopar seems to still have a lot of aftermarket support.

There's a 383 under the hood now, so a stroked 383 will be somewhat stealth. But some say that a 400 block and a 440 crank gives 451 CI and fits where the 383 fit. And weighs the same.

And yes, I like factory strokers. They look original but seem to have a bit more grunt. :nabble_smiley_evil:

MOPAR stuff is less common but there does seem to be good support for it. And I like the "less common" bit as it makes it worth more. (I'm not building it for value, but if it is worth more built one way vs the other I should think about that.)