Bullnose Forums

Big Blue's Transformation

No prob, John. Tell your wife that I offered to loan you mine but that the gas to/fro is roughly the cost of the tool, and on top of that you offered to buy lunch next time you came up. So it'll be cheaper all around for you to buy one. :nabble_smiley_evil:

I think there are three different lengths of cable on the same tool. So pick your length to fit your "need". :nabble_smiley_wink:

As for the odor, Janey put on her mask to escape it, and even that didn't really work. She says I have to fix it, so that's the next order of business.

Having said that, I did get the BNC connector I need for the GMRS antenna on order, so when it comes in I'll fix the antenna.

And, to document the connector I ordered I need to tell a bit of a story. As said, I needed another BNC connector. The one I ordered previously was a crimp-style connector, but since I don't have the right crimp tool I tried to install it by soldering the connection instead of crimping. Which is surely why there is an intermittent short.

So I spent Saturday afternoon and evening while watching football and then baseball searching for the right connector. It needed to be weatherproof, solder-style, and for the little bitty 3mm OD coax. Man, what a pain! No one seemed to have exactly what I was looking for.

However, along the way I looked at Digi-Key and found that they have a LARGE selection of BNC connectors. But by the time I got to Page 10 of 25 connectors/page my eyes were blurry. And with every page I went to another popped up to the right. So I called Digi-Key even though it was Saturday evening and a nice lady answered. Turns out she isn't Tech Support and no techs were there, but they'd be there at 9:00 this morning.

Well, surely I could find my own, so I thanked her and kept looking. But at Page 20, having looked at exactly 500 different connectors, I gave up and sent Tech Support an email outlining my needs. And at 9:35 this morning I got an email from them with the part number as well as a link to exactly what I was looking for: ARF1157-ND, 69475 So, it is on order, and Digi-Key will be the first place I turn to in the future for electronics/electrical needs.

Gary,

I have never tried any of the following [links provided], but think it might well be worth a try prior to taking apart your truck's ventilation system.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gary,

I have never tried any of the following [links provided], but think it might well be worth a try prior to taking apart your truck's ventilation system.

Thanks, David! I've watched the first two and will watch the third in a bit. The second one looks VERY promising, so I need to find those cans. :nabble_anim_jump:

Thanks, David! I've watched the first two and will watch the third in a bit. The second one looks VERY promising, so I need to find those cans. :nabble_anim_jump:

Ok, I’ve watched all 3 and I like the 2nd one best. But I’m not finding their list of things to use. What am I missing? I’m on my phone and maybe that’s the problem?

So if anyone can give me the list I’ll try to pick up the stuff while I’m running errands.

And, by the way, we can’t use the 3rd process as we don’t have a cabin filter. :nabble_anim_blbl:

Ok, I’ve watched all 3 and I like the 2nd one best. But I’m not finding their list of things to use. What am I missing? I’m on my phone and maybe that’s the problem?

So if anyone can give me the list I’ll try to pick up the stuff while I’m running errands.

And, by the way, we can’t use the 3rd process as we don’t have a cabin filter. :nabble_anim_blbl:

Thanks for the informative video. I’m looking forward to trying this. I can’t seem to find the Kool-it cans anywhere. Do you have an alternative brand with the tube?

Sweet Project Cars

Sweet Project Cars

Sweet Project Cars

2 months ago

This https://amzn.to/2MoTzaI or we recommend this also https://amzn.to/2Wqkr08 Thank you for watching and asking Sean, hope you have a great day my friend. mad Mike the hammer SPC

Sweet Project Cars

Thanks for the informative video. I’m looking forward to trying this. I can’t seem to find the Kool-it cans anywhere. Do you have an alternative brand with the tube?

Sweet Project Cars

Sweet Project Cars

Sweet Project Cars

2 months ago

This https://amzn.to/2MoTzaI or we recommend this also https://amzn.to/2Wqkr08 Thank you for watching and asking Sean, hope you have a great day my friend. mad Mike the hammer SPC

Sweet Project Cars

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007PHD0S/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=hammerdown09-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B0007PHD0S&linkId=444e5bd6d43157924a4cf7aac0334e39

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002Z2MKO/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=hammerdown09-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B0002Z2MKO&linkId=0bf71352d71c7c60a4ed63bd27148468

Sweet Project Cars

Sweet Project Cars

Sweet Project Cars

2 months ago

Sweet Project Cars

Thanks, David. I found the Kook-It stuff at O’Reilleys so am going to stop and get it. Amazon is next week.

Thanks, David. I found the Kook-It stuff at O’Reilleys so am going to stop and get it. Amazon is next week.

Ok, I'm home now and here's the plan, Stan.

The links David found take you to Amazon to buy:

But I'm confused as to why on the video they suggested buying one can of Kool-It to get the hose and then using Nextzett since it comes with a hose as well. :nabble_anim_confused:

But wait! There's more! O'Reilly's carries the Kool-It for $11.99, which makes it $2.00/oz. And the store near us in Owasso, where we were running errands, had it in stock. So why wait?

Unfortunately they only had one can. But I bought it while Janey was in the nearby grocery store and bought Lysol. So the plan is to give the system a shot of Lysol and Kool-It, wait a bit, and then give it another shot of Lysol and the rest of the Kool-It. Wait the 15 minutes and start it up.

And if that does it then I'll call it "done" unless or until the smell returns. If it works but not completely I'll order in more of one or the other. And if it doesn't work at all I guess I'll pull the motor and start sniffing.

Thoughts?

Lysol__Kool-It.thumb.jpg.b74f39ffe84fe7321c86715acb94918b.jpg

Ok, I'm home now and here's the plan, Stan.

The links David found take you to Amazon to buy:

But I'm confused as to why on the video they suggested buying one can of Kool-It to get the hose and then using Nextzett since it comes with a hose as well. :nabble_anim_confused:

But wait! There's more! O'Reilly's carries the Kool-It for $11.99, which makes it $2.00/oz. And the store near us in Owasso, where we were running errands, had it in stock. So why wait?

Unfortunately they only had one can. But I bought it while Janey was in the nearby grocery store and bought Lysol. So the plan is to give the system a shot of Lysol and Kool-It, wait a bit, and then give it another shot of Lysol and the rest of the Kool-It. Wait the 15 minutes and start it up.

And if that does it then I'll call it "done" unless or until the smell returns. If it works but not completely I'll order in more of one or the other. And if it doesn't work at all I guess I'll pull the motor and start sniffing.

Thoughts?

That is a plan, Stan! :nabble_anim_handshake:

No prob, John. Tell your wife that I offered to loan you mine but that the gas to/fro is roughly the cost of the tool, and on top of that you offered to buy lunch next time you came up. So it'll be cheaper all around for you to buy one. :nabble_smiley_evil:

I think there are three different lengths of cable on the same tool. So pick your length to fit your "need". :nabble_smiley_wink:

As for the odor, Janey put on her mask to escape it, and even that didn't really work. She says I have to fix it, so that's the next order of business.

Having said that, I did get the BNC connector I need for the GMRS antenna on order, so when it comes in I'll fix the antenna.

And, to document the connector I ordered I need to tell a bit of a story. As said, I needed another BNC connector. The one I ordered previously was a crimp-style connector, but since I don't have the right crimp tool I tried to install it by soldering the connection instead of crimping. Which is surely why there is an intermittent short.

So I spent Saturday afternoon and evening while watching football and then baseball searching for the right connector. It needed to be weatherproof, solder-style, and for the little bitty 3mm OD coax. Man, what a pain! No one seemed to have exactly what I was looking for.

However, along the way I looked at Digi-Key and found that they have a LARGE selection of BNC connectors. But by the time I got to Page 10 of 25 connectors/page my eyes were blurry. And with every page I went to another popped up to the right. So I called Digi-Key even though it was Saturday evening and a nice lady answered. Turns out she isn't Tech Support and no techs were there, but they'd be there at 9:00 this morning.

Well, surely I could find my own, so I thanked her and kept looking. But at Page 20, having looked at exactly 500 different connectors, I gave up and sent Tech Support an email outlining my needs. And at 9:35 this morning I got an email from them with the part number as well as a link to exactly what I was looking for: ARF1157-ND, 69475 So, it is on order, and Digi-Key will be the first place I turn to in the future for electronics/electrical needs.

I usually just order a cable overnight from Amphenol made with whatever terminations I need.

(Used to do that a lot with rocket telemetry. Double shielded SMA was typical for tight electronics bays)

I use Frost King foaming coil cleaner on AC's (though I don't have one in my truck)

Get it at the big box. It comes with a coil brush on the cap and is inexpensive.

16352006557406015918008062310625.thumb.jpg.0c4fde89b3de3566eefff797844ebae8.jpg

For mold and mildew I usually use Spray Nine by ITW, but it is not good for aluminum.

It does guarantee 99.9% effective on spores, bacteria and virus... and is NSF approved for food facilities.