Bullnose Forums

Big Blue's Transformation

Got the Brother label printer in and downloaded all the software that goes with it. Brother, there sure is a lot of it! :nabble_smiley_cool:

Anyway, I printed some labels and then wondered how it might be to print "Check Engine" in black on red tape. Holding this label in front of the light on Janey's iPhone, which is BRIGHT, it looks like it works pretty well. The black is a bit washed out, but then the warning light bulbs aren't nearly as bright as the one on the phone, so I think it'll work.

Having said that, if I had a piece of red plastic I could print black on clear and stick that on the plastic.

Thoughts?

Yes, congrats Bruce!

Gary - Looks like you've got a solution but I pulled the plastic lenses off of a 'big' truck dash bezel awhile back for future use and I feel like it had something along these lines. I'll dig them out.

Yes, congrats Bruce!

Gary - Looks like you've got a solution but I pulled the plastic lenses off of a 'big' truck dash bezel awhile back for future use and I feel like it had something along these lines. I'll dig them out.

Found this on eBay. Is that Check Engine what you are looking for?

Screenshot_20210416-205117_eBay.thumb.png.02766cb61d1d6a01ad4a5b10d227e2c4.png

Yes, congrats Bruce!

A "real" Check Engine lens? :nabble_smiley_oh: That would be cool!

A "real" Check Engine lens? :nabble_smiley_oh: That would be cool!

Yep. I pulled the tach out of an F600 earlier this year and removed the lenses since they were different from our trucks thinking they might come in handy. :nabble_smiley_good:

I know not all of them came off cleanly but fingers crossed on this one. If not there is another F600 in the yard I can check

Yep. I pulled the tach out of an F600 earlier this year and removed the lenses since they were different from our trucks thinking they might come in handy. :nabble_smiley_good:

I know not all of them came off cleanly but fingers crossed on this one. If not there is another F600 in the yard I can check

Want to sell it? And, if there is another I'd like it for Dad's truck.

Plus, if any of those trucks have the radio bezel with the bump-out for switches there might be some interest in that.

Are you going to go to the Big Iron overland rally on May 15th? I could bring the speed control testers. Or, I could just put Bill's innards in your case and send you the one. Or, better yet, send you both and let you merge them.

Want to sell it? And, if there is another I'd like it for Dad's truck.

Plus, if any of those trucks have the radio bezel with the bump-out for switches there might be some interest in that.

Are you going to go to the Big Iron overland rally on May 15th? I could bring the speed control testers. Or, I could just put Bill's innards in your case and send you the one. Or, better yet, send you both and let you merge them.

I am sure we can work something out. I have some PTO I need to use so am off the next two weeks and don't require much prodding to visit the jy.

Really considering attending but it would also be a Saturday only thing. If that happens, we could save ourselves some shipping :nabble_smiley_beam:

I am sure we can work something out. I have some PTO I need to use so am off the next two weeks and don't require much prodding to visit the jy.

Really considering attending but it would also be a Saturday only thing. If that happens, we could save ourselves some shipping :nabble_smiley_beam:

I'm doing Saturday only as well. Just want to talk to some who have done overlanding and attend the sessions on communications, recovery, etc.

I'm doing Saturday only as well. Just want to talk to some who have done overlanding and attend the sessions on communications, recovery, etc.

I asked on the GOAT Facebook page if any of those folks are going to the Big Iron rally, and one has responded that he is. That led to a discussion with him about vehicles.

He has a new Jeep Gladiator, and I originally thought they are a lot smaller than Big Blue. But I've discovered that they are very close to the same size as Big Blue is 18' 4" long and the Jeep is 18' 2". And Big Blue's wheelbase is 133" compared to the Jeep's is 137".

So maybe BB isn't quite as big as I thought he is? :nabble_smiley_oh:

I asked on the GOAT Facebook page if any of those folks are going to the Big Iron rally, and one has responded that he is. That led to a discussion with him about vehicles.

He has a new Jeep Gladiator, and I originally thought they are a lot smaller than Big Blue. But I've discovered that they are very close to the same size as Big Blue is 18' 4" long and the Jeep is 18' 2". And Big Blue's wheelbase is 133" compared to the Jeep's is 137".

So maybe BB isn't quite as big as I thought he is? :nabble_smiley_oh:

I saw a pimped out Gladiator yesterday on the highway.

Definitely not a short wheelbase on those, and the approach/departure angles must be good too.