Bullnose Forums

Big Blue's Transformation

Sometimes I have to be firm with the cashier that I'm looking for XYZ part number.

Don't ask me what vehicle it is for because it is not going to come up.

I know you are just doing your job. But hear me now. I want part number 12345.

I don't care how long you've been behind this counter.

I don't care that corporate demands that you follow SOP.

And I don't care if I have to walk the **** out of here and go to NAPA up the road...

... which still only works if you know the part number.

I'm trying to do a better job of keeping track of that sort of stuff on my vehicles, but it does take some discipline!

I'm trying to do a better job of keeping track of that sort of stuff on my vehicles, but it does take some discipline!

Yes, I REALLY need to put together a comprehensive list of what's in/on the truck. But this write up, and your suggestions, are helping.

I think I'm pretty close to being "done". Might be able to embellish a bit more, add a few more part numbers, etc. But things are close. Please let me know where it should be fleshed out, reduced, changed, etc.

It's just the way my mind works. :nabble_smiley_teeth:

I order parts online to avoid the hassle sometimes.

It's just the way my mind works. :nabble_smiley_teeth:

I order parts online to avoid the hassle sometimes.

I got the page on Big Blue (Documentation/Picture Galleries/Big Blue), which includes the writeup, done enough that I sent a link to it to my son last night. And I also asked for his help on picking the rack and tent, which is something he has been interested in all along.

So we'll see where this goes. Thanks for the help getting it "there".

I got the page on Big Blue (Documentation/Picture Galleries/Big Blue), which includes the writeup, done enough that I sent a link to it to my son last night. And I also asked for his help on picking the rack and tent, which is something he has been interested in all along.

So we'll see where this goes. Thanks for the help getting it "there".

Just took a look and it looks good. Interested to know what your son thinks of all the work you've put in after reading it over.

Just took a look and it looks good. Interested to know what your son thinks of all the work you've put in after reading it over.

Thanks, Scott. I tried to put enough info in to be comprehensive but keep it short enough to be readable.

But Bret's busy right now not only with work but with getting their new-to-them house remodeled. It is quite the challenge as everything they open up needs work. For instance, the exhaust fan in their bathroom didn't work, so he replaced it. Nada, in spite of the black wire being hot. So I checked the neutral and it was dead. Followed it back and it was hanging in the breeze in a junction box. But it came into the junction box under a snap-on cover instead of via a knock-out. :nabble_smiley_cry:

:nabble_florida-man-42_orig: had a field day on their house. Most of the boxes I opened up had a ground but it wasn't connected - and they are plastic boxes. Plugged the 'fridge in and it didn't work but the black wire was hot. Sure enough, the neutral was dead. Every single thing they open up is like that.

We spent a week with them and ate out most of the time 'cause they didn't have a kitchen. No sink, no cook top, etc. They got a counter top and sink late last night, and maybe a dish washer today.

So I'm not expecting anything from him very soon. But he asked for the info so now I've done my part.

Thanks, Scott. I tried to put enough info in to be comprehensive but keep it short enough to be readable.

But Bret's busy right now not only with work but with getting their new-to-them house remodeled. It is quite the challenge as everything they open up needs work. For instance, the exhaust fan in their bathroom didn't work, so he replaced it. Nada, in spite of the black wire being hot. So I checked the neutral and it was dead. Followed it back and it was hanging in the breeze in a junction box. But it came into the junction box under a snap-on cover instead of via a knock-out. :nabble_smiley_cry:

:nabble_florida-man-42_orig: had a field day on their house. Most of the boxes I opened up had a ground but it wasn't connected - and they are plastic boxes. Plugged the 'fridge in and it didn't work but the black wire was hot. Sure enough, the neutral was dead. Every single thing they open up is like that.

We spent a week with them and ate out most of the time 'cause they didn't have a kitchen. No sink, no cook top, etc. They got a counter top and sink late last night, and maybe a dish washer today.

So I'm not expecting anything from him very soon. But he asked for the info so now I've done my part.

That's odd and no doubt frustrating. Our house had some inventive 3/4 way wiring going on but it's a different story having ground and neutral wires just abandoned/forgotten(?).

Glad they are making progress though!

Who buys a house without it being inspected?

What bank will float a mortgage without inspection???

While I fee! for your son and his family, due diligence on a large investment is not an afterthought.

Who buys a house without it being inspected?

What bank will float a mortgage without inspection???

While I fee! for your son and his family, due diligence on a large investment is not an afterthought.

It was inspected. But obviously the inspector didn't do his/her job. There's no way it should have passed the simple test of plugging in the tester to the outlets.

So that's some of what I did while there, and I found a surprising number of un-grounded outlets. I didn't get everything tested, but the ones I found to be bad have been fixed - along with a lot of other problems.

It was inspected. But obviously the inspector didn't do his/her job. There's no way it should have passed the simple test of plugging in the tester to the outlets.

So that's some of what I did while there, and I found a surprising number of un-grounded outlets. I didn't get everything tested, but the ones I found to be bad have been fixed - along with a lot of other problems.

In Connecticut that inspector would not only lose his license, the bank (or mortgage provider) would have his ass charged not only civily, but criminally.

As he defrauded both the lendor and the buyer.

And, he would be liable for any repairs needed to bring the house up to code, if it wasn't written into his report.

I'm sorry.

Florida is a festering absess.