Bullnose Forums

Big Blue's Transformation

.... So the seed has been planted. :nabble_anim_jump:

Great!

Both kids have/are buying new-to-them houses. Our son is doing a massive refurbish on their house, and our daughter is just working through the inspection to see what has to be done.

So right now they have other things on their minds. But the seed will grow. And the grandkids won’t let them forget. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Both kids have/are buying new-to-them houses. Our son is doing a massive refurbish on their house, and our daughter is just working through the inspection to see what has to be done.

So right now they have other things on their minds. But the seed will grow. And the grandkids won’t let them forget. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Gary, I swapped to smaller more diffuse lights on my lumber rack (to illuminate the bed)

Days are getting longer, and I'm not using them as much, but they are 8W, about the size of a walnut...

If you're interested I can dig up my purchase history.

But Glamping is not camping.

Camping is packing in, lucky if you have a stove and a flashlight that works.

While I appreciate technological advances, and the newfound 'respect for the land's

I still find 'campsites' a 5 minute walk from the trailhead strewn with trash.

(So, I don't hold any hope for future generations)

I'm old, and my attitude is not about to change on that.

Gary, I swapped to smaller more diffuse lights on my lumber rack (to illuminate the bed)

Days are getting longer, and I'm not using them as much, but they are 8W, about the size of a walnut...

If you're interested I can dig up my purchase history.

But Glamping is not camping.

Camping is packing in, lucky if you have a stove and a flashlight that works.

While I appreciate technological advances, and the newfound 'respect for the land's

I still find 'campsites' a 5 minute walk from the trailhead strewn with trash.

(So, I don't hold any hope for future generations)

I'm old, and my attitude is not about to change on that.

Glad to hear the family is excited! Looking forward to living vicariously through you and the adventure.

Jim - the whole trash situation is sad, isn't it? I just have such a hard time conceiving how someone can walk away from a spot in nature and just leave the refuse behind. Same way I can't imagine rolling a window down and chucking a clamshell in the ditch. :nabble_smiley_angry:

Glad to hear the family is excited! Looking forward to living vicariously through you and the adventure.

Jim - the whole trash situation is sad, isn't it? I just have such a hard time conceiving how someone can walk away from a spot in nature and just leave the refuse behind. Same way I can't imagine rolling a window down and chucking a clamshell in the ditch. :nabble_smiley_angry:

100% Scott.

It's a whole generation of hipsters and 'woke' individuals that would excoriate me for catching a trout and cooking it over a (well controlled) wood fire, thinks nothing of discarding chip bags and vape pods wherever they go.

I'm not singling out anyone, but if you want to get "out into nature" you SAH better not be the one trashing it with plastic and graffiti.

Every time I want to give someone a break, they prove their disregard and ignorance

I don't have a whole lot of respect

I am very close to writing off society altogether.

100% Scott.

It's a whole generation of hipsters and 'woke' individuals that would excoriate me for catching a trout and cooking it over a (well controlled) wood fire, thinks nothing of discarding chip bags and vape pods wherever they go.

I'm not singling out anyone, but if you want to get "out into nature" you SAH better not be the one trashing it with plastic and graffiti.

Every time I want to give someone a break, they prove their disregard and ignorance

I don't have a whole lot of respect

I am very close to writing off society altogether.

Jim - I would like to know what the lights are. I could put them on the racks and tie them into the cargo light, although I might put a switch on the dome light to kill it. And, now that I'm pulling the drop-in bed liner I'm thinking about placing some the LED strips you used under the gunnels, if you will.

As for camping vs glamping, I'm doing what my kids want to do, call it what you will. But none of my kids would think of trashing a place. Not that I taught them well, but they are concerned about the environment, so we'll be packing out whatever we take in.

As for camping vs glamping, I'm doing what my kids want to do, call it what you will. But none of my kids would think of trashing a place. Not that I taught them well, but they are concerned about the environment, so we'll be packing out whatever we take in.

You did teach them well, obviously. I call it the privilege of having had good parents :nabble_smiley_happy:.

You did teach them well, obviously. I call it the privilege of having had good parents :nabble_smiley_happy:.

Thanks, Cory. They have turned out pretty well, even if I say so myself. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Jim - I would like to know what the lights are. I could put them on the racks and tie them into the cargo light, although I might put a switch on the dome light to kill it. And, now that I'm pulling the drop-in bed liner I'm thinking about placing some the LED strips you used under the gunnels, if you will.

I didn't mean to suggest that anyone considerate would leave a mess.

When I'm in the woods I usually end up packing out far more than I brought in.

There are limits though! 🤯

Yeah, get out.

Have fun! Spend time with your kids doing what they want to.

Pedantic: 'gunwales' , but you have it right phonetically.

I will find the link to my cargo lamps

I didn't mean to suggest that anyone considerate would leave a mess.

When I'm in the woods I usually end up packing out far more than I brought in.

There are limits though! 🤯

Yeah, get out.

Have fun! Spend time with your kids doing what they want to.

Pedantic: 'gunwales' , but you have it right phonetically.

I will find the link to my cargo lamps

Yes, please find the link to your lamps, although there's no hurry. But I searched for it and didn't find it.

And you are right, it is gunwales and is pronounced gunnels. My bad.

As for camping and packing out, no prob. No offense taken.

Yes, please find the link to your lamps, although there's no hurry. But I searched for it and didn't find it.

And you are right, it is gunwales and is pronounced gunnels. My bad.

As for camping and packing out, no prob. No offense taken.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/232460141408

I will admit my brain is slipping.

These are 10W each and more the size of a cut off egg than a walnut.

But checking my purchase history I imagine I've had them installed for a year with no sign of failure.

IMG_20210404_165917.thumb.jpg.bf47553258808884af715e0e5786e61d.jpg

IMG_20210404_165856.thumb.jpg.cdee34654ecd3ee47fedc04219821ee5.jpg

IMG_20210404_165925.thumb.jpg.5978faa52adc9cd69495c61ce5d8d11a.jpg

The bolts and brackets are stainless.

The housings die cast aluminum.