Bullnose Forums

Big Blue's Transformation

Welcome back, Gary! Is that snow on the ground?

Thanks, David. No, that's the power-washed sidewalk you see. One of the downsides of buying a power washer for cleaning up trucks is that someone might want you to use it on mundane things like sidewalks and driveways. :nabble_smiley_wink:

But, we are to have rain in a couple of days and then a hard freeze. So it looks like we might get snow this year.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks, David. No, that's the power-washed sidewalk you see. One of the downsides of buying a power washer for cleaning up trucks is that someone might want you to use it on mundane things like sidewalks and driveways. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Hmmmm, if the Queen is happy, there is peace in the kingdom!

Hmmmm, if the Queen is happy, there is peace in the kingdom!

Yep, David. :nabble_smiley_good:

As for what I did today, I was going to put the new caster/camber eccentrics in and install the ball joints. But Amazon changed their promised delivery date from today to tomorrow. :nabble_smiley_uh:

So I put new u-joints in the front axle shafts. But, that makes it sound easier than it was. First was the removal of the old joints. Some might ask why I always replace parts like u-joints when I have things apart. Does this answer the question?

Bad_U-Joint.thumb.jpg.38bdae8a4402f498e412118bef1b48c6.jpg

Then with the old u-joints out I took things to the parts washer as they were covered with goo and crust. Once they were clean I examined the eyes where the u-joints go. Some were clean and some weren't so I cleaned things up, and found a ding that had to be taken out w/a round file.

That done I turned to the new Spicer SPL55 u-joints. These are the high-dollar sealed-for-life joints with a corrosion proof coating. However, they were corroded in the package from Jeff's Bronco Graveyard. Bummer! I took #600 sandpaper and cleaned them up, but it sure didn't endear me to JBM. :nabble_thumbs-down-23_orig:

Corroded_U-Joints.thumb.jpg.7e4a9a9dc79e7f72e162e450926e787e.jpg

Then I put it all back together, which was almost as easy as it sounds. In fact, the hardest part of it was getting the well-sealed caps off the cross on the u-joints. Man, those things are sealed and the vacuum you generate by pulling the caps off is hard to overcome. But, I got them off and it all back together and ready for a family picture.

D60_Axles_and_U-Joints.thumb.jpg.c7b061f54c8cce34a9028e1ff2700c38.jpg

Yep, David. :nabble_smiley_good:

As for what I did today, I was going to put the new caster/camber eccentrics in and install the ball joints. But Amazon changed their promised delivery date from today to tomorrow. :nabble_smiley_uh:

So I put new u-joints in the front axle shafts. But, that makes it sound easier than it was. First was the removal of the old joints. Some might ask why I always replace parts like u-joints when I have things apart. Does this answer the question?

Then with the old u-joints out I took things to the parts washer as they were covered with goo and crust. Once they were clean I examined the eyes where the u-joints go. Some were clean and some weren't so I cleaned things up, and found a ding that had to be taken out w/a round file.

That done I turned to the new Spicer SPL55 u-joints. These are the high-dollar sealed-for-life joints with a corrosion proof coating. However, they were corroded in the package from Jeff's Bronco Graveyard. Bummer! I took #600 sandpaper and cleaned them up, but it sure didn't endear me to JBM. :nabble_thumbs-down-23_orig:

Then I put it all back together, which was almost as easy as it sounds. In fact, the hardest part of it was getting the well-sealed caps off the cross on the u-joints. Man, those things are sealed and the vacuum you generate by pulling the caps off is hard to overcome. But, I got them off and it all back together and ready for a family picture.

Alright, Gary! I read your post and this came to mind... go to the shop, turn up the Bose speakers and enjoy your 2nd cup of Joe!!!

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Issac+Hayes+Shaft+YouTube&form=EDNTHT&mkt=en-us&httpsmsn=1&msnews=1&refig=2dbe9fcda3a54f60dd0f9b3cac7e961e&PC=HCTS&sp=-1&pq=issac+hayes+shaft+youtube&sc=2-25&qs=n&sk=&cvid=2dbe9fcda3a54f60dd0f9b3cac7e961e

Amazon is screwy.

How often do you see reviews for a different product than the one you're looking at?

They have a filter for that now lol, this used to drive me nuts. Under reviews click filter and show only reviews for the product your looking at.

The 2nd cup is on hold. We are in T-town for a long-awaited doctor’s appointment for Janey. Stopping for breakfast, at Cracker Barrel where I won’t drink their swill but love the food, and then home. Then I can have that second cup and will crank the sound up and listen to that!

David - It sounds GOOD! :nabble_anim_claps:

As for Cracker Barrel's "swill", I found a way to "fix" it. They have "crafted coffees", but they are all lattes and that doesn't sound good with breakfast. However, they put a shot of espresso in those drinks, so I had the put the shot in a cup of their regular coffee. Pretty good!

David - It sounds GOOD! :nabble_anim_claps:

As for Cracker Barrel's "swill", I found a way to "fix" it. They have "crafted coffees", but they are all lattes and that doesn't sound good with breakfast. However, they put a shot of espresso in those drinks, so I had the put the shot in a cup of their regular coffee. Pretty good!

You’d fit in here in the Pacific Northwest...coffee snob! :nabble_smiley_good:

Amen, brother! That's me. :nabble_smiley_blush:

I think I said it elsewhere recently but I've had Turkish coffee in Istanbul, Greek coffee in Athens, Italian coffee all over that country, French coffee all over that country, as well as Nicaraguan coffee in two separate coffee plantations where they roast and brew it. Oh, and coffee laced with chicory at Cafe du Monde in the French Quarter in New Orleans last weekend. :nabble_face-with-open-mouth-vomiting-23x23_orig:

And when I get home I go straight for the Starbucks. Verona is my first cup of the day, and French Roast is the second. Then in the afternoon, like 30 minutes ago, another cup of maybe Verona.

Amen, brother! That's me. :nabble_smiley_blush:

I think I said it elsewhere recently but I've had Turkish coffee in Istanbul, Greek coffee in Athens, Italian coffee all over that country, French coffee all over that country, as well as Nicaraguan coffee in two separate coffee plantations where they roast and brew it. Oh, and coffee laced with chicory at Cafe du Monde in the French Quarter in New Orleans last weekend. :nabble_face-with-open-mouth-vomiting-23x23_orig:

And when I get home I go straight for the Starbucks. Verona is my first cup of the day, and French Roast is the second. Then in the afternoon, like 30 minutes ago, another cup of maybe Verona.

I just drink coffee, leaded with some sugar. I am definitely not into flavored coffee or any creamer. When I was still working I would have a cup with breakfast, one when I got to the lab, usually one mid-morning and one mid-afternoon. Now I just generally have one in the morning. I prefer 8 O'clock original.