Bullnose Forums

Big Blue's Transformation

I know he does some nice work, I have 3 valve covers, an intake and plenum, top hardware for my convertible, thermostat housing and valve cover bolts he did for me.

I'd forgotten about all of that. And one of the valve covers is really pretty!

There are people who do really cool things with powder. I don't have that much imagination, but things still turn out pretty nice.

I know he does some nice work, I have 3 valve covers, an intake and plenum, top hardware for my convertible, thermostat housing and valve cover bolts he did for me.

I'd forgotten about all of that. And one of the valve covers is really pretty!

There are people who do really cool things with powder. I don't have that much imagination, but things still turn out pretty nice.

I have a media blaster and I blast everything before I paint it. I can paint in less time, just can't work with a freshly painted part. Was just curious. One of these days Gary, I'd really like to get over there and look at your shop set up. I won't be bringing parts though....lol!

I have a media blaster and I blast everything before I paint it. I can paint in less time, just can't work with a freshly painted part. Was just curious. One of these days Gary, I'd really like to get over there and look at your shop set up. I won't be bringing parts though....lol!

John - I hope things die down soon and we can get together. Just looking at the OK COVID #'s lately it would seem like things aren't quite as bad. But, all of a sudden we've had a number of people we know come down with it, so it ain't over yet.

John - I hope things die down soon and we can get together. Just looking at the OK COVID #'s lately it would seem like things aren't quite as bad. But, all of a sudden we've had a number of people we know come down with it, so it ain't over yet.

Have you been vaccinated yet? I believe you're in the appropriate age group to qualify. I work in healthcare so I've already had vaccination #1. I get vaccination #2 early February. I'm not growing horns yet!

Have you been vaccinated yet? I believe you're in the appropriate age group to qualify. I work in healthcare so I've already had vaccination #1. I get vaccination #2 early February. I'm not growing horns yet!

Yes, I got my first shot of Moderna two weeks ago tomorrow. And I'm supposed to go in on the 5th, which would be 4 weeks, to get shot #2, although from what I'm hearing and reading it is questionable whether they'll have enough vaccine to do that. I've had absolutely no side effects.

Yes, I got my first shot of Moderna two weeks ago tomorrow. And I'm supposed to go in on the 5th, which would be 4 weeks, to get shot #2, although from what I'm hearing and reading it is questionable whether they'll have enough vaccine to do that. I've had absolutely no side effects.
I got the coolant/windshield washer reservoir installed and the coolant hose run to the radiator neck. In addition I have the windshield washer hose run to the reservoir. Tomorrow I'll tease the wiring to the washer pump out of the harness it is in on the driver's fender liner, extend it, and run it across the firewall and connect it to the pump.

Then I have to pull the aux battery and remove the brackets for the reservoir from that side. One is something I added and it just bolts to the battery tray, so no biggee. But the other is part of the battery tray, and I need to see if it is going to be in the way of the EFI air box and, if so, cut it off the tray. And, I need to take the battery isolator off since it is in the way of the air box as well.

Once that's done I can mount the air box and see what room I have for the battery isolator and place it.

Meanwhile I'm looking at the EFI PDB. It has places for 5 relays, and this is how I think I'll use them:

1. ECU Power Relay: This is really a key-on relay and it powers the ECU, O2 sensors, etc.

Fuel Pump Relay: This will replace the FPR that's on the firewall

Trailer Relay: This will replace the trailer relay that's on the firewall

Fog Lights: Power for the Hella fog lights

Aux Backup Lights: Power for additional backup lights that I may not want on whenever I'm in reverse, or may want on when in camp.

That uses all of the relay spots, but leaves out the relay for the aux battery voltmeter. However, I think I'll wire it to the output of the aux power relay (the old aux battery relay) as I'll probably have aux power on whenever the truck is running, and by doing it that way I can easily monitor the aux battery's voltage even with the key off.

What am I missing? Seems like I'm missing a relay. How many are on the firewall?

I got the coolant/windshield washer reservoir installed and the coolant hose run to the radiator neck. In addition I have the windshield washer hose run to the reservoir. Tomorrow I'll tease the wiring to the washer pump out of the harness it is in on the driver's fender liner, extend it, and run it across the firewall and connect it to the pump.

Then I have to pull the aux battery and remove the brackets for the reservoir from that side. One is something I added and it just bolts to the battery tray, so no biggee. But the other is part of the battery tray, and I need to see if it is going to be in the way of the EFI air box and, if so, cut it off the tray. And, I need to take the battery isolator off since it is in the way of the air box as well.

Once that's done I can mount the air box and see what room I have for the battery isolator and place it.

Meanwhile I'm looking at the EFI PDB. It has places for 5 relays, and this is how I think I'll use them:

1. ECU Power Relay: This is really a key-on relay and it powers the ECU, O2 sensors, etc.

Fuel Pump Relay: This will replace the FPR that's on the firewall

Trailer Relay: This will replace the trailer relay that's on the firewall

Fog Lights: Power for the Hella fog lights

Aux Backup Lights: Power for additional backup lights that I may not want on whenever I'm in reverse, or may want on when in camp.

That uses all of the relay spots, but leaves out the relay for the aux battery voltmeter. However, I think I'll wire it to the output of the aux power relay (the old aux battery relay) as I'll probably have aux power on whenever the truck is running, and by doing it that way I can easily monitor the aux battery's voltage even with the key off.

What am I missing? Seems like I'm missing a relay. How many are on the firewall?
4242 is always the answer.

I see you also grok things and have read Hitchhikers Guide to The Galaxy.

Yes, 42 is the answer. But, it just seems like there are that many relays on the firewall. However, as it turns out, there's one more than I thought - I forgot the "tank selector relay". :nabble_smiley_sad:

Given that, I'm short at least one relay in the PDB. So I may have to use the Trailer Relay cover that puts some relays on the side of the PDB if I want to get them off the firewall.

Yes, 42 is the answer. But, it just seems like there are that many relays on the firewall. However, as it turns out, there's one more than I thought - I forgot the "tank selector relay". :nabble_smiley_sad:

Given that, I'm short at least one relay in the PDB. So I may have to use the Trailer Relay cover that puts some relays on the side of the PDB if I want to get them off the firewall.

Maybe you need one of these relay panels:

Relay_block.thumb.jpg.581ca1ca905c5b657448658c16e82968.jpg