Bullnose Forums

Big Blue's Transformation

Reasons why I dont spend much time on garys website anymore. Truth is truth. If I cant discuss truth because it might hurt someones feelings, I'll discuss it elsewhere.

Love the site, and I love gary, and I respect his rules. But it doesnt feel like America in here. Feels more like a liberal corp with snowflake policy and safe spaces.

But I love everyone here, and love the site. Just dont agree with some policy.

Ray - The site is to discuss Ford trucks, and maybe a Chizzler here and a boat there. But not religion nor politics. Both of those are extremely divisive and will drive a wedge between the members here if allowed to be discussed.

Now, back to our previously-scheduled program. I marked up the fog light bracket to help me when I make the permanent one, and then removed it and the lights for the trip tomorrow.

And now I'm re-installing the previous speed control servo to get that feature working again. And perhaps the throttle return spring will take the oscillations out.

I'll jack the idle stop screw up a bit to get the hot idle back to maybe 600, then take the truck for a ride to see if the speed control works and get it warm. Then when I get back I'll adjust the idle speed & AFR and check the timing.

Back soon... :nabble_smiley_super:

Ray - The site is to discuss Ford trucks, and maybe a Chizzler here and a boat there. But not religion nor politics. Both of those are extremely divisive and will drive a wedge between the members here if allowed to be discussed.

:nabble_smiley_super:

...what can I say?

I saw it coming awhile back when I voluntarily resigned admin privilages. But I have to finally call it.

If this online garage is full of men too sensitive to disagree with one another, this aint the place for me.

Farewell amigos.

...what can I say?

I saw it coming awhile back when I voluntarily resigned admin privilages. But I have to finally call it.

If this online garage is full of men too sensitive to disagree with one another, this aint the place for me.

Farewell amigos.

Bye, Ray. :nabble_waving_orig:

Reasons why I dont spend much time on garys website anymore. Truth is truth. If I cant discuss truth because it might hurt someones feelings, I'll discuss it elsewhere.

Love the site, and I love gary, and I respect his rules. But it doesnt feel like America in here. Feels more like a liberal corp with snowflake policy and safe spaces.

But I love everyone here, and love the site. Just dont agree with some policy.

Now, back to our previously-scheduled program. I marked up the fog light bracket to help me when I make the permanent one, and then removed it and the lights for the trip tomorrow.

And now I'm re-installing the previous speed control servo to get that feature working again. And perhaps the throttle return spring will take the oscillations out.

I'll jack the idle stop screw up a bit to get the hot idle back to maybe 600, then take the truck for a ride to see if the speed control works and get it warm. Then when I get back I'll adjust the idle speed & AFR and check the timing.

Back soon... :nabble_smiley_super:

Gary, apologies if my post brought up religion (but tangential to the idea of rejecting something because of one instance)

Hope your shake down goes as well as mine, yesterday. :nabble_smiley_good:

Everyone, please feel free to offer up in the carb & tuning thread!

...what can I say?

Farewell amigos.

I think we disagree all the time.

I keep saying Gary he and I bicker like old women. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

But we're all respectful of the rules and each other.

I'm not going to get in someone's face because I disagree.

And I'm (hopefully) not being offensive to this 'family oriented' forum.

There's always IH8Mud or other forums if you want to stir the pot or cause a ruckus.

Unsubing

Back from my test of the speed control, and I'm sorry to see the above. I like Ray and am sorry to see him go. But I am also sure that a Ford truck forum is no place for debates on religion and politics.

I'll report on what I found on the test in a bit...

Looking forward to seeing how that camber adjustment worked out! :nabble_smiley_grin:

Unsubing

Back from my test of the speed control, and I'm sorry to see the above. I like Ray and am sorry to see him go. But I am also sure that a Ford truck forum is no place for debates on religion and politics.

While I may not agree with all rules and I find it hard to avoid minor cursing since cursing is so common in my field of work I still try to follow the rules mainly cause this is an alternative site to FTE for asking questions.

Just like I use Muscle Fords Forum for my more generic performance questions that I may not get answered on FTE or on here.

Such as on my single exhaust sizing. Ive gotten a few different answers between these three places from going as planned or changing my plan to have 2 1/2" tail pipe as well to just going 3". Sure didnt make life easy for me as I still am not sure which way to go just like I was before I posed the question lol.

Unsubing

While I may not agree with all rules and I find it hard to avoid minor cursing since cursing is so common in my field of work I still try to follow the rules mainly cause this is an alternative site to FTE for asking questions.

Just like I use Muscle Fords Forum for my more generic performance questions that I may not get answered on FTE or on here.

Such as on my single exhaust sizing. Ive gotten a few different answers between these three places from going as planned or changing my plan to have 2 1/2" tail pipe as well to just going 3". Sure didnt make life easy for me as I still am not sure which way to go just like I was before I posed the question lol.

Ok, here's the report from a 15 mile drive:

• Alignment: Much better. Still not one where you can go to sleep, but now you can take your eyes off the road to find a control w/o worrying where it might go

• Idle: My guess of 1/4 turn on the idle stop screw was pretty close as it got me ~650 RPM at hot idle.

• Speed Control: It works! :nabble_anim_jump:

So I checked the initial advance, which was at 12 BTDC, and bumped it up to 15. Checked the AFR at idle and it was ~14, which is too lean IMO. Adjusted the idle AFR and found max vacuum and RPM and then gave it just a bit more gas. Wound up at 11:1 on the AFR, 650 RPM, and 18 1/2" of vacuum.

Now for the speed control. As said, it works. BUT, it isn't as smooth as I think it should be. We are back to the original servo and all functions work. However, as you crest a hill it lets off too much and then has to come back in, only to back off a bit too much again.

So I'm thinking of changing out the electronics.....