Bullnose Forums

Big Blue's Transformation

Also, when I went out briefly yesterday I noted that the sound was more from the front, like the windshield wipers. And they are odd looking. Hmmmm....

Take them off and go for a test drive! :nabble_smiley_good:

That would tell the tale. But I wonder if can they go any lower? And are there other wipers that might cause less noise? Also you can see the trim that is missing - might it cause noise?

Windshield_Wipers__Windshield_Trim.thumb.jpg.a861550e8e8806610af14d58feab77e2.jpg

Jim - Are you laughing at me for not realizing. :nabble_smiley_blush: I hadn't even thought about it, actually.

David - That's the rod goes from the lock cylinder to the door latch on the left door.

Ok, made some progress but haven't taken it out to see if it makes a difference.

First, I installed the windshield trim and lowered the wipers. But note how much of an angle the driver's wiper is at as opposed to the passenger's wiper.

Windshield_Trim_On__Wipers_Lowered.thumb.jpg.06ea44c4a10492fbe7694dab444c8199.jpg

I looked in the catalog and the left and right wiper arms are the same. So I pulled that arm and put it beside another one I had. Note the difference in angle at the end.

Old_Drivers_Arm_On_Bottom_-_New_On_Top.thumb.jpg.17f50a619ef42b900b6fd424a4ade9f8.jpg

So I put the one on that has the same angle as the passenger's arm. I'll have to go for a ride to see if it makes a difference, but it can't hurt.

Different_Driver_s_Wiper_Installed_-_Low.thumb.jpg.e1dc6d3958c09a639dcf9d80384056df.jpg

Jim - Are you laughing at me for not realizing. :nabble_smiley_blush: I hadn't even thought about it, actually.

David - That's the rod goes from the lock cylinder to the door latch on the left door.

Gary, I'm laughing because you sent me a new upper left moulding when mine blew off after I had my windshield replaced.

I had complained how loud it was.

Obviously it was not tight and wind was getting underneath it.

Get yourself a pair of later model J-hook wiper arms.

There are a LOT more blade options if you go that way, and they are inexpensive.

I think I was under $20 delivered for the pair.

Gary, I'm laughing because you sent me a new upper left moulding when mine blew off after I had my windshield replaced.

I had complained how loud it was.

Obviously it was not tight and wind was getting underneath it.

Get yourself a pair of later model J-hook wiper arms.

There are a LOT more blade options if you go that way, and they are inexpensive.

I think I was under $20 delivered for the pair.

I had forgotten that, Jim. So it does make a difference!

On the wiper arms, I'm not sure I know what years to go looking for. Do you know? This pair from Amazon is quite a bit more at $52.

I had forgotten that, Jim. So it does make a difference!

On the wiper arms, I'm not sure I know what years to go looking for. Do you know? This pair from Amazon is quite a bit more at $52.

I know my '97 F-250HD has the J-hook style (but be careful with the '97 model year since the F-150 and F-250 share nothing with the F-250HD, F-350 and F-Superduty).

For what it's worth, I got a set from a junk yard and cobbled them up to work on my Bronco. They do work well.