Bullnose Forums

Big Blue's Transformation

Iā€™m no 460 expert, but that sounds really good! Getting closer šŸ™‚

I'm a 460 fanatic and -dare I say- I'd be very tempted to leave those blown out Cherrybombs on there until I got tired of the drone! šŸ˜ˆ.

I'd also be very glad for those beefy spring packs I see because otherwise I think I'd twist the axle right off!

But hey, I'm a five year old.

:nabble_smiley_good:Excellent!

Thanks, guys! The onion is getting much smaller, that's for sure. If I get the seat bolted in and the power steering leak fixed and that system bled tomorrow I might get to drive him around the neighborhood. But I dare not go very far as I know the alignment is way off.

Thanks, guys! The onion is getting much smaller, that's for sure. If I get the seat bolted in and the power steering leak fixed and that system bled tomorrow I might get to drive him around the neighborhood. But I dare not go very far as I know the alignment is way off.

The truck sounds great Gary! It's always a good feeling to hear one start and run after working it.:nabble_smiley_good:

Thanks, Frank. Yes, it is a special feeling. :nabble_smiley_good:

Time for an early mid-day report - I drove it! Around the yard to turn it around and then out through the gate and around the neighborhood. :nabble_anim_jump:

But first, the morning's activities. The seat and seat belts are now bolted in with thread sealer on the fasteners. And the power steering/hydroboost system apparently doesn't have any leaks. It seems that the dummy that filled it up missed the filler hole on the Saginaw and it ran down the side thereof, dripped onto the crossmember, ran down that, and then dripped onto the ground.

I checked everything over and it was all tight, so I filled it up and started the truck. No leaks. Turned the wheel, refilled, turned the wheel, refilled, stomped the brakes, refilled, etc until it needed no more fluid.

And here are some observations from the drive:

• The steering works very smoothly and it turns much tighter than it used to

• The brakes WORK! Don't press the pedal unless you want to STOP!

• The tranny shifts nicely

• The ride is better, although I really haven't gone far enough to tell much

• The transfer case shifts nicely, although I apparently put the shift arm in backwards as 4Lo is in front and 2Hi is to the rear. :nabble_smiley_blush:

So this afternoon I'm going to install the 2nd pressure regulator, although the pressure was sitting nicely on 5 psi when I checked it. If I have time left after that I'll install the headlight doors so the turn signals have a place to ride. Then maybe I'll add the grille and upper and lower trim.

:nabble_anim_jump:

Time for an early mid-day report - I drove it! Around the yard to turn it around and then out through the gate and around the neighborhood. :nabble_anim_jump:

But first, the morning's activities. The seat and seat belts are now bolted in with thread sealer on the fasteners. And the power steering/hydroboost system apparently doesn't have any leaks. It seems that the dummy that filled it up missed the filler hole on the Saginaw and it ran down the side thereof, dripped onto the crossmember, ran down that, and then dripped onto the ground.

I checked everything over and it was all tight, so I filled it up and started the truck. No leaks. Turned the wheel, refilled, turned the wheel, refilled, stomped the brakes, refilled, etc until it needed no more fluid.

And here are some observations from the drive:

• The steering works very smoothly and it turns much tighter than it used to

• The brakes WORK! Don't press the pedal unless you want to STOP!

• The tranny shifts nicely

• The ride is better, although I really haven't gone far enough to tell much

• The transfer case shifts nicely, although I apparently put the shift arm in backwards as 4Lo is in front and 2Hi is to the rear. :nabble_smiley_blush:

So this afternoon I'm going to install the 2nd pressure regulator, although the pressure was sitting nicely on 5 psi when I checked it. If I have time left after that I'll install the headlight doors so the turn signals have a place to ride. Then maybe I'll add the grille and upper and lower trim.

:nabble_anim_jump:

That's great Gary!:nabble_smiley_good: Sounds like you are pretty much at the finish line of having a running truck! Now you can do all those additions at your leisure.