Bullnose Forums

Big Blue's Transformation

Ou ou ou! ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™€๏ธ

Send me one!

I'd love to explore and document it.

Jim - You should have what I suspect is a workable FDM in a few days awa a rag joint. :nabble_smiley_wink:

As for what I got done today:

• Amsoil ATF added to the transfer case

• Royal Purple Synchro Max added to the ZF5

• Royal Purple Synchro Max added to the power steering/hydroboost system

• All tie rod ends, ball joints, panhard rods, and u-joints lubed

• Toe-in set to neutral per Steve/FoxFord33

• Power steering/air conditioning belt removed

• A deflector added to the passenger's side exhaust to prevent it from melting the right rear shock boot.

• Muffler bearings checked and red herrings discarded - as you can see below

Checking_For_Muffler_Bearings__Red_Herrings.thumb.jpg.c8facb4f77b2336233216efac195b88f.jpg

At this point I'm D.O.N.E. Tomorrow morning I'm going to check every hose clamp, plug, plug wire, etc. Then, when I can't think of anything else to check I'll roll it out, install the seat, and fire it up!

:nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump:

ย 

Jim - You should have what I suspect is a workable FDM in a few days awa a rag joint. :nabble_smiley_wink:

As for what I got done today:

• Amsoil ATF added to the transfer case

• Royal Purple Synchro Max added to the ZF5

• Royal Purple Synchro Max added to the power steering/hydroboost system

• All tie rod ends, ball joints, panhard rods, and u-joints lubed

• Toe-in set to neutral per Steve/FoxFord33

• Power steering/air conditioning belt removed

• A deflector added to the passenger's side exhaust to prevent it from melting the right rear shock boot.

• Muffler bearings checked and red herrings discarded - as you can see below

At this point I'm D.O.N.E. Tomorrow morning I'm going to check every hose clamp, plug, plug wire, etc. Then, when I can't think of anything else to check I'll roll it out, install the seat, and fire it up!

:nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_jump:

So exciting Gary! ๐Ÿคฉ

Sweet! As excited as I am to see Big Blue run, I'm ready to see that 81 up in front run and drive as well. :nabble_smiley_good:

X2 Shaun!

Dad's truck has been a long time coming. :nabble_smiley_good:

Cheers for BB!

It's almost as if Janey should break a bottle over his winch bumper as he rolls out into the light of day. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

X2 Shaun!

Dad's truck has been a long time coming. :nabble_smiley_good:

Cheers for BB!

It's almost as if Janey should break a bottle over his winch bumper as he rolls out into the light of day. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Thatโ€™s great!

Love the โ€œcustomโ€ cherry bomb! :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Edit: spelling correction.

Thatโ€™s great!

Love the โ€œcustomโ€ cherry bomb! :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Edit: spelling correction.

Yes, Dad's truck has been a loooooong time coming. But there is still a lot to do on Big Blue. I've invited my son to go to Colorado with me next year and drive the trails around Ouray, and specifically Black Bear. And to do that we'll need more gas than the one tank, and really should have EFI instead of a carb for the large changes in altitude. So depending on what the 3rd FDM does, I may have to move on to EFI sooner rather than later.

And we'll need the on-board air, which means we need the inverter. Plus I have the front driveshaft to build and the electro-mechanical mechanism for the Ox locker to install. And a place to house the switches for those things, and more. In addition, I want to remove some leaves out of the rear spring pack and add air bags, that way gaining usable articulation and a better ride.

But I'm hoping to do those things as bite-sized projects, meaning not having to take BB down for more than a few days at a time, although the EFI will obviously take longer than that.

Anyway, there's lots more to come.

Yes, Dad's truck has been a loooooong time coming. But there is still a lot to do on Big Blue. I've invited my son to go to Colorado with me next year and drive the trails around Ouray, and specifically Black Bear. And to do that we'll need more gas than the one tank, and really should have EFI instead of a carb for the large changes in altitude. So depending on what the 3rd FDM does, I may have to move on to EFI sooner rather than later.

And we'll need the on-board air, which means we need the inverter. Plus I have the front driveshaft to build and the electro-mechanical mechanism for the Ox locker to install. And a place to house the switches for those things, and more. In addition, I want to remove some leaves out of the rear spring pack and add air bags, that way gaining usable articulation and a better ride.

But I'm hoping to do those things as bite-sized projects, meaning not having to take BB down for more than a few days at a time, although the EFI will obviously take longer than that.

When I'd originally suggested completing your SAS while the engine was out for replacement, and nudged you towards an RSK (because it made sense to me at the time) I had NO idea this was going to be a year-and-and-a-half long drama.

But, here you are...

Make up that shaft, so you can make use of all this work you've put into Big Blue.

Really excited for you and Big Blue!

.... I've invited my son to go to Colorado with me next year and drive the trails around Ouray, and specifically Black Bear....

I'm excited about this too! Let us know how it comes together (I know you will!). And I'd suggest you specifically target Poughkeepsie Gulch while you're out there with your son as well. I think you'll enjoy that as well.