Bullnose Forums

Big Blue's Transformation

Got the 5/16" connector in this morning, and installed it this afternoon, along with the outer hose for reinforcement and the tubing insulation. Here's a shot of the front fuel lines, temporarily connected to the pigtails:

But then I added a heat shield for the stay made out of 1/8" aluminum:

And here's a side shot showing how much space there is to the exhaust, which is 4 1/2". I think we are in good shape.

And, I got in the project box so I'm ready to install it and the relay. Plus, I got the hose fittings in, so I can then move on to mounting the regulator and the carb. We may have a running engine soon!

You're having the exhaust redone to install Magnaflows anyhow, aren't you?

Maybe the shop can tack a heatshield on that pipe too?

Pretty amazing that :nabble_florida-man-42_orig: snot welded in a 10"(?) section, right there.

You're having the exhaust redone to install Magnaflows anyhow, aren't you?

Maybe the shop can tack a heatshield on that pipe too?

Pretty amazing that :nabble_florida-man-42_orig: snot welded in a 10"(?) section, right there.

There's no reasoning to explain why :nabble_florida-man-42_orig: did what he did. :nabble_face-with-open-mouth-vomiting-23x23_orig:

Yes, I'm having a whole new exhaust, inc Magnaflows, put on. So he might be able to put a heat shield there. Good ideaL

There's no reasoning to explain why :nabble_florida-man-42_orig: did what he did. :nabble_face-with-open-mouth-vomiting-23x23_orig:

Yes, I'm having a whole new exhaust, inc Magnaflows, put on. So he might be able to put a heat shield there. Good ideaL

You're doing an awesome job with Big Blue, Gary. It will be better than new. It's sometimes tough to drive a vehicle that you put so much work into. Will you be able to enjoy it?

You're doing an awesome job with Big Blue, Gary. It will be better than new. It's sometimes tough to drive a vehicle that you put so much work into. Will you be able to enjoy it?

Yes, I'll enjoy it. For sure. This one's not a trailer queen. Dad's truck is going to be "that one". :nabble_smiley_wink:

I hope that we get to have the Running Of The Bulls next summer that Ray has proposed. If so, Big Blue will be the chase truck, and will see plenty of dirt roads if not some hard-to-navigate sections. And I fully plan to take him on some overlanding trips. So it'll get dirty.

But thanks!

Yes, I'll enjoy it. For sure. This one's not a trailer queen. Dad's truck is going to be "that one". :nabble_smiley_wink:

I hope that we get to have the Running Of The Bulls next summer that Ray has proposed. If so, Big Blue will be the chase truck, and will see plenty of dirt roads if not some hard-to-navigate sections. And I fully plan to take him on some overlanding trips. So it'll get dirty.

But thanks!

BTW Gary, recall I have issues with contacting people through the forum and following threads. I have no add blockers set up and I can't do either of the above from any computer I'm on. This to include my work computer and my home computer. Wondering if it may be something with my yahoo email address. Thoughts.

BTW Gary, recall I have issues with contacting people through the forum and following threads. I have no add blockers set up and I can't do either of the above from any computer I'm on. This to include my work computer and my home computer. Wondering if it may be something with my yahoo email address. Thoughts.

Have you checked your spam folder?

I didn't even realize legacy Yahoo addys were still a thing.

Different mail servers have different filters and different spam parameters.

It could be that the receiver has filtered your attempt at email (I think I've had that happen)

Gmail definitely warns me when another member hasn't been whitelisted.

Who remembers configuring STMP, POP, or IMAP?

It could be your firewall at work, but that wouldn't explain the behavior on your home computer.

Unless you have security turned way up at home (which isn't a bad idea, especially if you're sharing with family)

Yes, I hate cutting those clamps. But I have been known to use a Dremel on the ends to smooth them. And in this case the clamp can be taken to the bench grinder to smooth it up once I cut it of

I'm a very peculiar individual, and I hate putting $5 effort in a $2 piece of hardware.

I also don't like the Gem style clamps that are slotted all the way through, and instead prefer the embossed ones.

But I'm weird like that.

I see the world through a different lens.

John - Can we move this discussion to the Website & Forum Suggestion Box thread? Not that I'm worried about keeping this thread pristine, but I'll never think to look here for forum or website issues.

But, since we can move this post as well, let me ask a few questions. First, what do you mean by "either of the above"? I missed something. Email and???

Jim suggested spam folder, but I think you are not even getting the email to go to anybody. Right? What happens when you click on "Send Email To" someone? Do you get the page shown below - using Jim as an example? What happens when you fill out the form and hit Send Email?

Send_Mail_To_Page.thumb.jpg.b9e50a36007e697049ea20fd8a41d130.jpg

John - Can we move this discussion to the Website & Forum Suggestion Box thread? Not that I'm worried about keeping this thread pristine, but I'll never think to look here for forum or website issues.

But, since we can move this post as well, let me ask a few questions. First, what do you mean by "either of the above"? I missed something. Email and???

Jim suggested spam folder, but I think you are not even getting the email to go to anybody. Right? What happens when you click on "Send Email To" someone? Do you get the page shown below - using Jim as an example? What happens when you fill out the form and hit Send Email?

We ran some errands today so I didn't do much in the shop. But I got the relay box positioned, as shown below. And in this pic you can see the wires that would have gone to the tank selector valve but will now go through the gland nut into the box.

Sending_Unit_Relay_Box_In_Place.thumb.jpg.3fbe1890860c12f5dce40446a07b26bf.jpg

And here's how I'll wire it. The tank selector switch is a DPDT that provides 12v to the Br/Wh wire and ground on the Red wire in the Front position, and 12v on the Red wire and ground on the Br/Wh in Rear. I want the relay to be in the Front position w/o power and in the Rear position with power, so the diode ensures that it only works when the power is on the red wire.

Fuel_Pump__Sending_Unit_Wiring_Draft.thumb.jpg.fe37d58bd9b37fac01adb9a63c6fd98c.jpg

And for reference, here's the factory wiring with the tank selector valve:

1985-etm-page106_1.thumb.jpg.b01ac5107c5a000330363e32194a217d.jpg

We ran some errands today so I didn't do much in the shop. But I got the relay box positioned, as shown below. And in this pic you can see the wires that would have gone to the tank selector valve but will now go through the gland nut into the box.

And here's how I'll wire it. The tank selector switch is a DPDT that provides 12v to the Br/Wh wire and ground on the Red wire in the Front position, and 12v on the Red wire and ground on the Br/Wh in Rear. I want the relay to be in the Front position w/o power and in the Rear position with power, so the diode ensures that it only works when the power is on the red wire.

And for reference, here's the factory wiring with the tank selector valve:

I've got that schematic burned into my mind.