Bullnose Forums

Big Blue's Transformation

Sounds like the right moves to me. I really like the idea of the larger rear tank but the smaller one is nice when it comes to exhaust routing options and/or spare tire mounting. I believe you've already worked out those two things so likely not any consolation although the money savings is :nabble_smiley_happy:

Also, not sure if you have one already or not but if not you'd also need to factor in getting the shield especially with overlanding.

So all in all :nabble_smiley_good:

Thanks, Scott. Yes, I have the skid plates for both the side and the rear.

And while the smaller tank does have advantages for the spare tire, my spare will go in the bed until I get the bumper/tire carrier built. But it doesn't really change the exhaust routing as the larger tank is just deeper, not wider or longer, and the exhaust pipes have to go around it.

Anyway, thanks. :nabble_smiley_good:

Thanks, Scott. Yes, I have the skid plates for both the side and the rear.

And while the smaller tank does have advantages for the spare tire, my spare will go in the bed until I get the bumper/tire carrier built. But it doesn't really change the exhaust routing as the larger tank is just deeper, not wider or longer, and the exhaust pipes have to go around it.

Anyway, thanks. :nabble_smiley_good:

Ok, I pulled the trigger on the rear tank/FDM combo, the front tank, and two roll-over valves and gaskets - which don't appear to be in the kit with the other stuff.

Tanks to be here Wednesday, so tomorrow I can start clearing things out to install them. And, when the dust settles, I'll have a 38 gallon Bronco tank, straps, pumps, etc for sale.

Ok, I pulled the trigger on the rear tank/FDM combo, the front tank, and two roll-over valves and gaskets - which don't appear to be in the kit with the other stuff.

Tanks to be here Wednesday, so tomorrow I can start clearing things out to install them. And, when the dust settles, I'll have a 38 gallon Bronco tank, straps, pumps, etc for sale.

Glad to hear your tanks are on their way. When I ordered a tank from Amazon, it said 'the seller will contact you before delivery' for a month... Eventually I cancelled and got the tank from RA.

Also glad to hear your cooling system appears good and that the leak was something minor. Getting close now Gary!:nabble_smiley_good:

Glad to hear your tanks are on their way. When I ordered a tank from Amazon, it said 'the seller will contact you before delivery' for a month... Eventually I cancelled and got the tank from RA.

Also glad to hear your cooling system appears good and that the leak was something minor. Getting close now Gary!:nabble_smiley_good:

Thanks, Rob. Both tanks show to be arriving tomorrow, and the one sending unit isn't even here yet but should be very soon. However the roll-over valves and gaskets won't be here for a week. Still, I have plenty of work to do 'twixt now and then on getting the tanks in and the nylon tubing run. So I suspect I can easily keep busy.

And there's the issue of filler hoses that I need to address in all of this. Filling Big Blue previously was a very slow process and I don't want that again, so I'm hoping to go with the later filler hose arrangement, which is surely what the tanks are designed for. So more research is due there.

Yes, I'm getting close! And I'm anxious. But I want to do it correctly and make sure there are no problems on startup. So there's lots of checking, which is paying off like on the cooling system.

Thanks, Rob. Both tanks show to be arriving tomorrow, and the one sending unit isn't even here yet but should be very soon. However the roll-over valves and gaskets won't be here for a week. Still, I have plenty of work to do 'twixt now and then on getting the tanks in and the nylon tubing run. So I suspect I can easily keep busy.

And there's the issue of filler hoses that I need to address in all of this. Filling Big Blue previously was a very slow process and I don't want that again, so I'm hoping to go with the later filler hose arrangement, which is surely what the tanks are designed for. So more research is due there.

Yes, I'm getting close! And I'm anxious. But I want to do it correctly and make sure there are no problems on startup. So there's lots of checking, which is paying off like on the cooling system.

You're going to need the later fuel necks (part behind the filler doors)

Damhik.

OEM [rear/used]

https://www.ebay.com/itm/92-94-95-96-FORD-F150-F250-97-F350-REAR-FUEL-TANK-FILLER-NECK-ASSEMBLY-OEM-GAS/223638251196?hash=item3411e0e6bc:g:14sAAOSw5PJdYuWL

After market [midship]:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fuel-Filler-Neck-For-1990-1996-Ford-F350-1995-1993-1991-1992-1994-G358HN/173710182411?hash=item2871ef080b:g:cUgAAOSwXMNdP3Az

OEM [rear/used]

https://www.ebay.com/itm/92-94-95-96-FORD-F150-F250-97-F350-REAR-FUEL-TANK-FILLER-NECK-ASSEMBLY-OEM-GAS/223638251196?hash=item3411e0e6bc:g:14sAAOSw5PJdYuWL

After market [midship]:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fuel-Filler-Neck-For-1990-1996-Ford-F350-1995-1993-1991-1992-1994-G358HN/173710182411?hash=item2871ef080b:g:cUgAAOSwXMNdP3Az

Thank you, David! That looks to be what I'm looking for.

That salvage that has supposedly been going out of business might have some. I think I'll call them and see if they are still open and if they have some trucks with those fillers.

Thank you, David! That looks to be what I'm looking for.

That salvage that has supposedly been going out of business might have some. I think I'll call them and see if they are still open and if they have some trucks with those fillers.

I thought to check GasTankDepot but the same story.

https://www.gastankdepot.com/ford-f-series-truck-filler-necks.html