Bullnose Forums

Big Blue's Transformation

Where is your advance unit pointed?

I'd probably be fouling my coil if I were 90* CCW

Advance is pointing straight forward, or 6:00. But I can drop the dizzy in with the rotor pointing pretty much anywhere.

I've found lots of different orientations in my looking. And I don't see anything about it in the shop manual. It is confusing.

Advance is pointing straight forward, or 6:00. But I can drop the dizzy in with the rotor pointing pretty much anywhere.

I've found lots of different orientations in my looking. And I don't see anything about it in the shop manual. It is confusing.

Motorcraft WR1168-A :nabble_smiley_whistling:

I don't know how the advance can be at 6:00, if the cap is keyed to the body by the adapter?

It should only fit one way????

Yes, of course you *could put the rotor pointing anywhere, but the cap can't change relative to the distributor.

Motorcraft WR1168-A :nabble_smiley_whistling:

I don't know how the advance can be at 6:00, if the cap is keyed to the body by the adapter?

It should only fit one way????

Yes, of course you *could put the rotor pointing anywhere, but the cap can't change relative to the distributor.

Yep, that coil wire will work. But I'll look to see what I have in stock.

As for orientation, I can shift the wires around the cap. I doubt #1 will know if it isn't where the embossed

"1" is - assuming this cap has a "1". :nabble_smiley_wink:

As for orientation, I can shift the wires around the cap. I doubt #1 will know if it isn't where the embossed

I think they all do, just clockwise of the vent.

But, of course the wires can't read, they just care that they are in the right place in line.

Oh, no need to buy a wire.

Pointing out that that one seems to be the mate to your set.

Oh, no need to buy a wire.

Pointing out that that one seems to be the mate to your set.

Got the stand-offs powder coated and installed today:

Finished_Plug_Wire_Standoffs.thumb.jpg.87aff1596eb55449ad4cc75ec492d156.jpg

Then I installed them, tidied up the wires, and found a coil wire to fit and match. Then I decided I'd see how the dual snorkel air cleaner is going to fit. Turns out it is going to fit fine. Once the dizzy drops it'll clear the plug wires nicely.

The only minor issue is that my new plug stand-off on the passenger's side is almost directly below the hot air intake on that snorkel. So if I'm going to have hot air I'll have to get it from the driver's side and close off the passenger's side opening.

Dual_Snorkel_Air_Cleaner_Trial_Fitted.thumb.jpg.211d5b510a87afe3f9e776e18af255d3.jpg

Got the stand-offs powder coated and installed today:

Then I installed them, tidied up the wires, and found a coil wire to fit and match. Then I decided I'd see how the dual snorkel air cleaner is going to fit. Turns out it is going to fit fine. Once the dizzy drops it'll clear the plug wires nicely.

The only minor issue is that my new plug stand-off on the passenger's side is almost directly below the hot air intake on that snorkel. So if I'm going to have hot air I'll have to get it from the driver's side and close off the passenger's side opening.

Where are the 'wings'?!:nabble_smiley_wink:

No, it's looking good Gary! :nabble_smiley_good: How much more time do you have before the grandkids arrive? Are you going to get it started before then?

Where are the 'wings'?!:nabble_smiley_wink:

No, it's looking good Gary! :nabble_smiley_good: How much more time do you have before the grandkids arrive? Are you going to get it started before then?

Thanks!

Kids should be here a week from tomorrow. But 'twixt then and now we are going to spend two days decorating graves. And I've got to clean the shop a bunch. So not much more will get done before they get here.