Bullnose Forums

Big Blue's Transformation

Blue like the block!

Jim - I was thinking I'd mimic the valve covers, meaning have the lower corners radiused similar to the corners of the cover. Is that what you mean?

And you are saying carry them on towards the ends of the cover. Like maybe halfway between where they are and the ends of the cover?

As for color, go ahead and taunt me. (After I spent an hour today getting rid of the #$%^& red on the power steering cooler.)

Dane - Blue? Hadn't thought of that. Hmmm....

Jim - I was thinking I'd mimic the valve covers, meaning have the lower corners radiused similar to the corners of the cover. Is that what you mean?

And you are saying carry them on towards the ends of the cover. Like maybe halfway between where they are and the ends of the cover?

As for color, go ahead and taunt me. (After I spent an hour today getting rid of the #$%^& red on the power steering cooler.)

Dane - Blue? Hadn't thought of that. Hmmm....

Yup, out towards the ends some.

Mock it up in cardboard or masking tape.

Ask that incredibly talented and tasteful wife* of yours for her opinion. :nabble_smiley_good:

Yup, out towards the ends some.

Mock it up in cardboard or masking tape.

Ask that incredibly talented and tasteful wife* of yours for her opinion. :nabble_smiley_good:

I've already asked Janey, and we both like the Silver Lining that the valve covers are done in. That way the piece is unobtrusive. Hardly noticed.

As for a cardboard mockup, I think I'll cut a piece of the aluminum channel just a bit shorter than the valve cover and split it down the middle. Then I'll drill the holes for the bolts into the valve cover, notch it for the breather bump, and see what I think. I can always take more off.

I've already asked Janey, and we both like the Silver Lining that the valve covers are done in. That way the piece is unobtrusive. Hardly noticed.

As for a cardboard mockup, I think I'll cut a piece of the aluminum channel just a bit shorter than the valve cover and split it down the middle. Then I'll drill the holes for the bolts into the valve cover, notch it for the breather bump, and see what I think. I can always take more off.

Well, hello there! New kid on the block. (Kid? He's going on 73)

Forgot to log out and back in. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Lol!

Doesn't sound like a mockup, just iteration.

Cutting it down is going to be a lot easier than adding more

Lol!

Doesn't sound like a mockup, just iteration.

Cutting it down is going to be a lot easier than adding more

Yes, it wouldn't be a mock-up. And cutting is easy with aluminum. Welding not so much as I don't have the equipment - and have had very little need for it. WelderScott has suggested I needed it, but ......

Years ago I walked into the trailer supply house here and asked if he knew of anyone that welded aluminum. He stepped out the back door and pointed to a house a couple of blocks away. I went there and discovered the guy had retired from American Airlines. Was certified to weld chewing gum wrappers. Welded my part and made it look new. But he passed away and there's only one other guy I know of, and he's 'spensive.

So I'll start long and trim.

Yes, it wouldn't be a mock-up. And cutting is easy with aluminum. Welding not so much as I don't have the equipment - and have had very little need for it. WelderScott has suggested I needed it, but ......

Years ago I walked into the trailer supply house here and asked if he knew of anyone that welded aluminum. He stepped out the back door and pointed to a house a couple of blocks away. I went there and discovered the guy had retired from American Airlines. Was certified to weld chewing gum wrappers. Welded my part and made it look new. But he passed away and there's only one other guy I know of, and he's 'spensive.

So I'll start long and trim.

Just had a thought - what if that thing also routed plug wires? I could make a matching one for the other side. In any event, I don't want it to interfere.

By the way, these came today. FedUp said they put them on the porch. They weren't there but I told Janey I'd wait a bit before complaining because they've lied several times before about when they deliver things or why they didn't. Two hours later a nice guy from another neighborhood brought them as they'd been delivered to his house. I really like Amazon, then UPS, then USPS, then anyone but FedUp.

Spark_Plug_Wire_Insulators.jpg.111aeb64471578f7d830d85e1f21f629.jpg

Just had a thought - what if that thing also routed plug wires? I could make a matching one for the other side. In any event, I don't want it to interfere.

By the way, these came today. FedUp said they put them on the porch. They weren't there but I told Janey I'd wait a bit before complaining because they've lied several times before about when they deliver things or why they didn't. Two hours later a nice guy from another neighborhood brought them as they'd been delivered to his house. I really like Amazon, then UPS, then USPS, then anyone but FedUp.

You've really got or love how efficient U-techcenter is!

I think it will help with those headers wrapped so tight.

I'm assuming that tab is the only thing that holds them in place?

You've really got or love how efficient U-techcenter is!

I think it will help with those headers wrapped so tight.

I'm assuming that tab is the only thing that holds them in place?

U-Tech is great. Shipping company not so much.

Yes, I think the tab is what holds them.