Bullnose Forums

Big Blue's Transformation

If you don't have enough stroke you need to move the cable attachment closer to the throttle shaft.

X pull changes Y rotation given Z radius.

Good point.

I just went back out and checked. Looks to me like the hole in the front will be perfect. After I took the pic I pulled the hair pin holding the speed control cable to the throttle cable and the throttle cable lines up nicely with that hole and seems to have a bit of slack left. So that would kill two birds with one stone - taking out the slack and getting more travel.

Thanks!

Throttle_Linkage.thumb.jpg.2cc350edc38aaa998a3f74a94a9bca8e.jpg

Good point.

I just went back out and checked. Looks to me like the hole in the front will be perfect. After I took the pic I pulled the hair pin holding the speed control cable to the throttle cable and the throttle cable lines up nicely with that hole and seems to have a bit of slack left. So that would kill two birds with one stone - taking out the slack and getting more travel.

Thanks!

I couldn't really see what adjustment you had with the black plastic shroud in the video.

But it does look like moving the stud forward will help you. :nabble_anim_claps:

I couldn't really see what adjustment you had with the black plastic shroud in the video.

But it does look like moving the stud forward will help you. :nabble_anim_claps:

Yep! Assuming my 2nd round of the vaccine doesn't do me in I'll give it a try tomorrow. Looks like I'll have to make the hole larger, but that should be easy.

May want to tap the hole, which I might now be able to do since I just got the refrigeration ratchet suggested by Cory. Otherwise that tap handle wouldn't have been a problem.

Yep! Assuming my 2nd round of the vaccine doesn't do me in I'll give it a try tomorrow. Looks like I'll have to make the hole larger, but that should be easy.

May want to tap the hole, which I might now be able to do since I just got the refrigeration ratchet suggested by Cory. Otherwise that tap handle wouldn't have been a problem.

I'm really glad I have nice ratcheting tap handles. :nabble_smiley_good:

Would it have been that difficult to pull the plate, if you needed to?

Good point.

Thanks!

Gee, Gary, I thought you said that was an Edelbrock carburetor, but the bowl say "Magneti Marelli" the makers of Fiat electrics, who are somewhere below Lucas on reliability.

I would gather that since the speed control now works nicely that you were correct in the assumption that the cable was the problem.

Gee, Gary, I thought you said that was an Edelbrock carburetor, but the bowl say "Magneti Marelli" the makers of Fiat electrics, who are somewhere below Lucas on reliability.

I would gather that since the speed control now works nicely that you were correct in the assumption that the cable was the problem.

Funny you mentioned that Bill. I paused for awhile on the photo trying to figure out the bottom word as I'd not seen that before. Off to google that name...

Funny you mentioned that Bill. I paused for awhile on the photo trying to figure out the bottom word as I'd not seen that before. Off to google that name...

Probably now owned by Stellantis along with Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Fiat, Lamborghini, Ferrari, Peugeot, Renault, and probably some others. Does that mean Gary has a Fiat instead of a Ford?

Probably now owned by Stellantis along with Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Fiat, Lamborghini, Ferrari, Peugeot, Renault, and probably some others. Does that mean Gary has a Fiat instead of a Ford?

My AVS says Weber.

According to Wikipedia:

"Fiat assumed control of the company in 1952 following Eduardo Weber's disappearance in 1945.....

In 1986, Fiat also took control of Weber competitor Solex, and merged the two into a single company....

This was then reorganized as Magneti Marelli Powertrain S.p.A. in 1986."

Did anyone see that Edelbrock is shuttering its doors in LA and relocating Corporate to the east coast?

Bill - It is a strange carb. I says "Edelbrock" and "Made In USA", but the casting is obviously from Magneti Marelli, which I thought meant it was cast in Italy. But this site says "Every Edelbrock carburetor is manufactured by Magneti Marelli Powertrain USA Inc". :nabble_anim_confused:

On the speed control, you may well be right. Or it may be an accumulation of things, inc the drive gear, the cable, .....

Scott - The Carter/Edelbrock carbs have a checkered history, with casting being done in several different places. I assume that quote above is accurate, but you may find otherwise.

Jim - I think the plate is bradded onto the shaft, so taking it off wouldn't be easy. I could pull the carb, but would rather not.

I do have a ratcheting tap handle, but the arms of it would probably hit the manifold, so it wouldn't be easy. But I got this ratchet that should make it easier:

51P-2NO5ShL.jpg.5ab385406075bdf4e321c94e982d5562.jpg