Bullnose Forums

Big Blue's Transformation

Courtesy of the man himself. And probably why LMC and others don't sell it separate:

Sadly, I remember this jazz...

The reason you cannot get the gasket separately is, Ford said you had to buy the entire cargo lamp just for that fracatta mounting gasket.

E9TZ15550A .. Cargo Lamp / Obsolete / This is the cargo lamp & gasket only, not the complete installation kit.

Shaun - I'd aready seen that number as a replacement in the MPC for the E0 part. I got a few hits on that it so I'll see how much they want for them.

Jim - Amazon has Quad for $6.28, which seems to be a much better deal than buying a new light. I'll probably go that way, but will see what the dealers want for the light.

Now for my progress - the Highliner is IN! Not completely done as I have to install the speakers and do their wiring, which is hanging down in this picture. But boy was it WORK to get the speaker wiring up the B-pillar and across inside the roof. Wow! :nabble_smiley_cry:

Highliner_Installed.thumb.jpg.46c04f50969129c4936e73eee94fbc08.jpg

I installed the radio and tested it, and it works well! The sound comes out the speaker holes very nicely, and Janey's voice was as clear as a bell. I'm pleased! Anyway, here's a driver's eye view of the radio:

Driver_s_Eye_View_Of_GMRS_Radio.thumb.jpg.9ee2868b91540ae9401ba3fa74c5c38a.jpg

One thing I'm thinking about is mounting the microphone's bracket where the arrow shows. But I need some way of keeping the cord up, out of the way. Any suggestions?

Mounting_Spot_For_Mic.thumb.jpg.0e47bef7f55c938bee1e62864fbe4364.jpg

Shaun - I'd aready seen that number as a replacement in the MPC for the E0 part. I got a few hits on that it so I'll see how much they want for them.

Jim - Amazon has Quad for $6.28, which seems to be a much better deal than buying a new light. I'll probably go that way, but will see what the dealers want for the light.

Now for my progress - the Highliner is IN! Not completely done as I have to install the speakers and do their wiring, which is hanging down in this picture. But boy was it WORK to get the speaker wiring up the B-pillar and across inside the roof. Wow! :nabble_smiley_cry:

I installed the radio and tested it, and it works well! The sound comes out the speaker holes very nicely, and Janey's voice was as clear as a bell. I'm pleased! Anyway, here's a driver's eye view of the radio:

One thing I'm thinking about is mounting the microphone's bracket where the arrow shows. But I need some way of keeping the cord up, out of the way. Any suggestions?

I wouldn't want anything dangling in front of me.

Maybe there's room up inside the soffit for a jailers/janitors keychain reel?

if only the clip were sticking out it would be pretty inconspicuous.

I wouldn't want anything dangling in front of me.

Maybe there's room up inside the soffit for a jailers/janitors keychain reel?

if only the clip were sticking out it would be pretty inconspicuous.

Jim - There's not much room inside. There's not even enough to put any of the Carling switches I'm going to use, so I doubt I could put one of those in there.

The cord is just barely too long, although it is surely going to stretch some. What I've been thinking of is to put a couple of hooks up there, as shown below. That would keep the cord laying along that soffit and if they were very shallow the cord would come off of them easily.

However, now the hooks are starting to look like something that could hurt me in the event of an accident. So maybe a shelf with a little lip?

http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/thinking-26_orig.jpg

Mounting_Spot_For_Mic.thumb.jpg.8b1ce6599e2a74f94ae5c1309f8d70e4.jpg

Jim - There's not much room inside. There's not even enough to put any of the Carling switches I'm going to use, so I doubt I could put one of those in there.

The cord is just barely too long, although it is surely going to stretch some. What I've been thinking of is to put a couple of hooks up there, as shown below. That would keep the cord laying along that soffit and if they were very shallow the cord would come off of them easily.

However, now the hooks are starting to look like something that could hurt me in the event of an accident. So maybe a shelf with a little lip?

:nabble_thinking-26_orig:

https://www.roadprobrands.com/products/cb-microphone-holder-black

I use these, but take off the double sided tape it comes with and put some on from your local hardware or what you might have on hand.

https://www.roadprobrands.com/products/cb-microphone-holder-black

I use these, but take off the double sided tape it comes with and put some on from your local hardware or what you might have on hand.

Dane - Thanks, but I have a mic holder, which has an adhesive backing but also has screws and that's what I'll use to secure it. I'm looking for something(s) to hold the cord when the mic is in the holder.

Dane - Thanks, but I have a mic holder, which has an adhesive backing but also has screws and that's what I'll use to secure it. I'm looking for something(s) to hold the cord when the mic is in the holder.

I'd leave it in the center. I like the look of the cord hanging down but you could put a hook up there to reduce it if needed (wouldn't be much of a safety concern there). My rationale being that if needed, emergency or otherwise, Janey or another passenger has quick access to the mic.

But looking at your arrows, what about those flat clips/hooks that were used over car doors for the seatbelt? Something like that. So in an accident, nothing would really be sticking out or pointing towards your face.

Although the less prominent the hooks, the more effort it will take to put the cord back in them...

But looking at your arrows, what about those flat clips/hooks that were used over car doors for the seatbelt? Something like that. So in an accident, nothing would really be sticking out or pointing towards your face.

Although the less prominent the hooks, the more effort it will take to put the cord back in them...

I like the idea of using the coat hooks found on these trucks! And, they come with rubber covers. :nabble_smiley_good:

But I'll take a look to see if there's a place in the center to put the mike. Hadn't thought about that.

I like the idea of using the coat hooks found on these trucks! And, they come with rubber covers. :nabble_smiley_good:

But I'll take a look to see if there's a place in the center to put the mike. Hadn't thought about that.

The UPS woman came today, bringing the behind-the-seat storage unit. Here 'tis with the inverter set in. I suspect I'll need to cut that lip down so the inverter can be as low as possible to clear the seat back, but otherwise it fits nicely. :nabble_smiley_beam:

Storage_Unit_With_Inverter.thumb.jpg.80f79b1339392eca288583216c4ae6cc.jpg

And, when I took it out to the shop I just had to go see how the dome light in the Highliner works. I think it works wonderfully! Much brighter than with the old dome light, even when it had a fancy LED in it.

Dome_Light_Is_BRIGHT.thumb.jpg.220e1f252eb555ed732201f57200eefa.jpg

The UPS woman came today, bringing the behind-the-seat storage unit. Here 'tis with the inverter set in. I suspect I'll need to cut that lip down so the inverter can be as low as possible to clear the seat back, but otherwise it fits nicely. :nabble_smiley_beam:

And, when I took it out to the shop I just had to go see how the dome light in the Highliner works. I think it works wonderfully! Much brighter than with the old dome light, even when it had a fancy LED in it.

And, if you are wondering, like I was, the inverter will rotate 90 degree clockwise and fit in the compartment. However, it sits 1" higher that way and I'll bet that the seat won't lean fully back due to the height and the shape of it.

I'll check it out tomorrow and let y'all know. But if you have any suggestions, lay them on me. :nabble_smiley_wink: