Bullnose Forums

Big Blue's Transformation

Didn't we have contact with a guy who was punching gaskets for the heater box and other firewall penetrations???

I thought it was Dave who got a set when he installed his 'new to him' AC plenum?

Good thinking Jim. Just called and spoke to the gentleman. This one is different since it's not flat stock but rather like a molded rubber. He asked for a photo so I am emailing him one now to get his thoughts.

Good thinking Jim. Just called and spoke to the gentleman. This one is different since it's not flat stock but rather like a molded rubber. He asked for a photo so I am emailing him one now to get his thoughts.

Sorry, I don't have the lighting package, so I don't look close at the cab lights.

I guess it's just a lipped cup that covers the edge of the light against the cab?

Thanks, Scott! If he can do it I can send my old one if he needs it.

Jim - Yes, good idea. What about exterior caulk?

Just saw that lmc has the whole kit for 45.

I like that rubber one, Scott. I've never seen one of those.

As for the LMC kit, $45 + shipping will be last resort when I have a good light. But I'll keep it as a reserve. Thanks.

I agree - it's a shame to spend that when all you need is the gasket.

For some reference - here is another view of the rubber one showing how it curves to fit the cab.

Awhile back I was looking at them in the jy and I do recall seeing one that didn't have the black rubber. I just assumed it had cracked and fallen off. Didn't consider that there could be a different style gasket on it.

IMG_20201120_124526.jpg.7c9892c1aa9d6679f877e5e1a978ecd8.jpg

Something like Sika high modulus or the Quad urethane might work well.

Something like Sika high modulus or the Quad urethane might work well.

Courtesy of the man himself. And probably why LMC and others don't sell it separate:

Sadly, I remember this jazz...

The reason you cannot get the gasket separately is, Ford said you had to buy the entire cargo lamp just for that fracatta mounting gasket.

E9TZ15550A .. Cargo Lamp / Obsolete / This is the cargo lamp & gasket only, not the complete installation kit.