Bullnose Forums

Big Blue's Transformation

That would be because you have how many trucks, of which how many are running and being driven? I have one truck and when the time comes it will need to be a press to get him back on the road.

Yup!

'lil red is my daily driver, so I need to plan, and I need to 'git er done!'

The snow and such this past week has fubar'd my plans.

And nothing I can do is going to make it work in time for my sister's surgery.

So I'm just going to have to put it off and deal with it in a month or so.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm going to run the 1345, but have the correct output flange so I can use the double-cardan shaft that came with the 1356. (The 1356 got a different flange to take a single-cardan shaft and is going in Dad's truck. :nabble_smiley_thinking:)

I have a kit so I can rebuild the 1345, add the oil pump mod, and install the new flange. And paint it.

Gotcha, I was curious because I was hoping I wouldn't have to go down the 1356 road. Finding one meant for an F350 wasn't going to be easy or cheap according to Car-Part.

That would be because you have how many trucks, of which how many are running and being driven? I have one truck and when the time comes it will need to be a press to get him back on the road.

Depends on how you count. Dad's, plus Big Blue, plus Blue = 3. But there's the '50 Chevy that is supposed to go back to Janey's cousin. And there's the attic that has parts from and for MANY trucks.

But, to your point, you don't have other trucks to work on, so should be able to put your time to the engine. :nabble_anim_blbl:

Jim - Don't forget the hospital stay. You've had quite the setback. it happens.

I'm going to run the 1345, but have the correct output flange so I can use the double-cardan shaft that came with the 1356. (The 1356 got a different flange to take a single-cardan shaft and is going in Dad's truck. :nabble_smiley_thinking:)

I have a kit so I can rebuild the 1345, add the oil pump mod, and install the new flange. And paint it.

Gotcha, I was curious because I was hoping I wouldn't have to go down the 1356 road. Finding one meant for an F350 wasn't going to be easy or cheap according to Car-Part.

The 1345 takes the same front output yoke as the 1356, according to what I was told. And it takes the Bullnose style linkage. So should be easier to do.

We shall see.

The 1345 takes the same front output yoke as the 1356, according to what I was told. And it takes the Bullnose style linkage. So should be easier to do.

We shall see.

I'm watching closely because what works on BB is what dictates my T-case direction. I'm already leaning towards the 1345 but ultimately will have to see what I can find.

I'm watching closely because what works on BB is what dictates my T-case direction. I'm already leaning towards the 1345 but ultimately will have to see what I can find.

Understood. And the 1345 has the lowest gear ratio:

Transfer Case Low Range Gear Ratio

NP205 1.96

NP208 2.61

BW1345 2.74

BW1356 2.69

What makes the 1356 hard to get, or more desirable?

NP205 1.96

NP208 2.61

BW1345 2.74

BW1356 2.69

Looking good Gary!

What is the 1345 oil pump mod? I know the 1356 had the retaining arm wear issue but hadn't heard of a mod for the 1345.

NP205 1.96

NP208 2.61

BW1345 2.74

BW1356 2.69

Any difference between Bronco/F150 and 3/4+ ton versions? Part numbers are all over the place in the documentation section (different part numbers every year). My local "they pull it" says they have one from a Bronco in stock so I have a local option.