Bullnose Forums

Big Blue's Transformation

Moog have always been good to me. Mayhaps they, like so many others, used to be better? But still, they work. We warranty the Moog balljoints (because Moog does for us) and we have not had to redo any in the time I have been at this shop (2 yrs).

Good to know, Steve. 👍

Has it been two years? Wow!

Tell both girls SNS tonight. 😎

Good to know, Steve. 👍

Has it been two years? Wow!

Tell both girls SNS tonight. 😎

When I bought my first Motorcraft Camshaft Synchronizer (Distributor) from the local Ford dealer for my Ranger, it came in a Motorcraft box. The second one I bought from Amazon came in a Motorcraft bag. Amazon packaged it as well as somebody who doesn't know anything about car parts could do. Will it last as well as the one from Ford (100k miles)? We'll see. For all I know, the one from Ford could have been in a tote full of alternators and starters and dropped three or four time before I picked it up. Just because it's from Ford doesn't mean it hasn't been mishandled.

Bottom line, if I don't pull it right off of the assembly line myself, I won't trust it until proven otherwise.

When I bought my first Motorcraft Camshaft Synchronizer (Distributor) from the local Ford dealer for my Ranger, it came in a Motorcraft box. The second one I bought from Amazon came in a Motorcraft bag. Amazon packaged it as well as somebody who doesn't know anything about car parts could do. Will it last as well as the one from Ford (100k miles)? We'll see. For all I know, the one from Ford could have been in a tote full of alternators and starters and dropped three or four time before I picked it up. Just because it's from Ford doesn't mean it hasn't been mishandled.

Bottom line, if I don't pull it right off of the assembly line myself, I won't trust it until proven otherwise.

I don't think it is as much who pulled it from the line, but who has played with it since. In several of the Amazon reviews the box had been opened previously, and one of the u-joints had actually been installed. Another didn't have the boot. Another didn't have the grease fitting. And so on.

Given Rock's less-than-friendly approach to returns I'm betting none of these have been played with since leaving the line.

I don't think it is as much who pulled it from the line, but who has played with it since. In several of the Amazon reviews the box had been opened previously, and one of the u-joints had actually been installed. Another didn't have the boot. Another didn't have the grease fitting. And so on.

Given Rock's less-than-friendly approach to returns I'm betting none of these have been played with since leaving the line.

Gary, I had no problem with a defective rebuilt ZF power steering pump from Rock, I elected send me a replacement first and returned the bad one (it was a Cardone rebuild) which would not pump at all. I received the credit about a week later once Cardone had examined it.

Gary, I had no problem with a defective rebuilt ZF power steering pump from Rock, I elected send me a replacement first and returned the bad one (it was a Cardone rebuild) which would not pump at all. I received the credit about a week later once Cardone had examined it.

I"m not saying Rock won't accept returns, but they are much more strict than Amazon. Which is good in that you probably aren't going to get a part from Rock that's been installed. Apparently not true with Amazon.

I"m not saying Rock won't accept returns, but they are much more strict than Amazon. Which is good in that you probably aren't going to get a part from Rock that's been installed. Apparently not true with Amazon.

Amazon returns go to ' Amazon Warehouse Deals' , and are sold as discounted returns.

I've never received an opened box, and on the few times I have received anything missing a part, CS has been quick to ship a new one, and give me a return label, even exchange...

If I'm unhappy with my purchase and just don't want it, credit takes a couple of days from arrival at their Frankfort KY. returns location.

Bad people submit bad reviews.

Even if something is a garbage product I'll submit a critique, with whatever constructive criticism I can muster.

Some people will never be happy, and just want to share their bitterness with the world using whatever platform they have.

Amazon returns go to ' Amazon Warehouse Deals' , and are sold as discounted returns.

I've never received an opened box, and on the few times I have received anything missing a part, CS has been quick to ship a new one, and give me a return label, even exchange...

If I'm unhappy with my purchase and just don't want it, credit takes a couple of days from arrival at their Frankfort KY. returns location.

Bad people submit bad reviews.

Even if something is a garbage product I'll submit a critique, with whatever constructive criticism I can muster.

Some people will never be happy, and just want to share their bitterness with the world using whatever platform they have.

I suspect you are right, Jim. And I've never gotten a part that was only partly there or had been previously installed. And I've ordered lots of parts from Amazon. So I just ordered the tie rods and tie rod ends from them. Oh, and the adjuster sleeve.

So, when all of this comes in I should have everything to put the front axle under it. But I still have the front driveshaft to do. Its the double-cardon unit and I want to make sure the one I have is the right one before I put a new u-joint set in it.

I suspect you are right, Jim. And I've never gotten a part that was only partly there or had been previously installed. And I've ordered lots of parts from Amazon. So I just ordered the tie rods and tie rod ends from them. Oh, and the adjuster sleeve.

So, when all of this comes in I should have everything to put the front axle under it. But I still have the front driveshaft to do. Its the double-cardon unit and I want to make sure the one I have is the right one before I put a new u-joint set in it.

There are hundreds, if not thousands of lifted pickup trucks running without front driveshafts as we speak. Take all the time you need, seems everybody else is too. :nabble_smiley_whistling::nabble_smiley_happy: