Bullnose Forums

Big Blue's Transformation

8x16 oval x 26". = 12.86155844 gal.

And MUCH simpler to fabricate and install than two odd cylinders.

Less welds and material too.

Tack an 8x8" brace as far down as you can reach from each end before welding the caps on.

It will not need to be heavy, and it won't blow up.

• 2 weeks later...

Tack an 8x8" brace as far down as you can reach from each end before welding the caps on.

It will not need to be heavy, and it won't blow up.

Jim just reminded me via email of this request:

BTW, you asked me to remind you of the indicator gels, and the typeface, before your cruise.

I don't really think it's super important that it matches (well not to the extent of Dad's air cleaner)

But looking like it belongs is always good!

So here are pics from a spare bezel on top and Big Blue on the bottom. I've included those from Big Blue as they are more accurate to what my eye sees in color. That's probably because I used an LED grid behind the spares and it either washed the color out by being too bright or too white.

The Emissions label is yellow with black text:

Emmissions_-_Spare.thumb.jpg.73cb78d34c6d8903414ff1ce05aae744.jpg

Emmissions_-_BBs.thumb.jpg.f14fbf9ba5b74588f749fb87c8d202bf.jpg

Fasten Seat Belts is black text on a red label:

Fasten_Belts_-_Spare.thumb.jpg.a34ac328dfb4ac01b65af194404dada8.jpg

Fasten_Belts_-_BBs.thumb.jpg.bdc3987a2baa13eaf35fb7880ff37a0b.jpg

Brake is also black text on a red label:

Brake_-_Spare.thumb.jpg.ebf377558cf0d71e2ad0b9e821cce3ec.jpg

Brake_-_BBs.thumb.jpg.df0b998bfffe2af797dcbcd7cfc8f9b4.jpg

4X4 is yellow text on a black label:

4X4_-_Spare.thumb.jpg.567ce34a2455f12a64851007b30ece63.jpg

4X4_-_BBs.thumb.jpg.e72e66d4852796e72c7a340e4acd0814.jpg

And, while I have the spare bezel in-hand:

The tape/labels are .480" wide and fit into a .510" channel. So printing on 1/2" tape will be perfect.

The openings through which we see the labels are .400" tall and 1.90" wide.

"Emissions" lettering is .150" high by 1.025" wide.

"Brake" lettering is .150" high by .520" long.

And the person w/a seatbelt icon is about .250" wide and tall.

Also, Jim asked "Have you considered printing on clear and putting it behind the frosted red?" And in thinking about that it might be easiest to print everything on clear and put that behind the appropriate color mask. (Obviously that won't work for the 4X4 label, but then maybe I won't have to change that?)

Jim just reminded me via email of this request:

BTW, you asked me to remind you of the indicator gels, and the typeface, before your cruise.

I don't really think it's super important that it matches (well not to the extent of Dad's air cleaner)

But looking like it belongs is always good!

So here are pics from a spare bezel on top and Big Blue on the bottom. I've included those from Big Blue as they are more accurate to what my eye sees in color. That's probably because I used an LED grid behind the spares and it either washed the color out by being too bright or too white.

The Emissions label is yellow with black text:

Fasten Seat Belts is black text on a red label:

Brake is also black text on a red label:

4X4 is yellow text on a black label:

And, while I have the spare bezel in-hand:

The tape/labels are .480" wide and fit into a .510" channel. So printing on 1/2" tape will be perfect.

The openings through which we see the labels are .400" tall and 1.90" wide.

"Emissions" lettering is .150" high by 1.025" wide.

"Brake" lettering is .150" high by .520" long.

And the person w/a seatbelt icon is about .250" wide and tall.

Also, Jim asked "Have you considered printing on clear and putting it behind the frosted red?" And in thinking about that it might be easiest to print everything on clear and put that behind the appropriate color mask. (Obviously that won't work for the 4X4 label, but then maybe I won't have to change that?)

It would work if you simply changed it to a negative before you hit print..,.

Isn't this newfangled desktop publishing thing just the bee's knees? :nabble_smiley_teeth:

Assuming emissions becomes "check engine" wouldn't a simple I on be more understandable for the future generations?

I forget what the other light is for.

Let me check...

It would work if you simply changed it to a negative before you hit print..,.

Isn't this newfangled desktop publishing thing just the bee's knees? :nabble_smiley_teeth:

Assuming emissions becomes "check engine" wouldn't a simple I on be more understandable for the future generations?

I forget what the other light is for.

Let me check...

Yes, going negative on the 4X4 would work. :nabble_smiley_good:

And I was planning on "check engine" and possibly an engine w/a slash through it, as that's what I seem to remember from more recent vehicles. However, I don't know what "a simple I on" is.

• 2 months later...

TRANSFORMATION!

All I can think of here:

If you've been following the thread called Sky's Offroad Design Super Duty RSK Install you'll have seen that I got several of the front suspension parts blasted and powder coated.

But I've also been blasting and PC'ing some other parts, including these perches, engine mount brackets, and the lifting strap:

Engine_Parts_PCd.thumb.jpg.ba5abf0946fb37433ed87d17e45b38af.jpg

If you've been following the thread called Sky's Offroad Design Super Duty RSK Install you'll have seen that I got several of the front suspension parts blasted and powder coated.

But I've also been blasting and PC'ing some other parts, including these perches, engine mount brackets, and the lifting strap:

Gary, I have a question for you when you get a chance to research it. Are there supposed to be one or two of those lifting straps? Darth has one on the front of the right head. I know the older engines had one on each exhaust manifold so they could be lifted with a 3 point support on the assembly line.

Gary, I have a question for you when you get a chance to research it. Are there supposed to be one or two of those lifting straps? Darth has one on the front of the right head. I know the older engines had one on each exhaust manifold so they could be lifted with a 3 point support on the assembly line.
Bill - Interesting question. And one I tried to answer earlier today. The ID # on that strap is E7TE 17A084-CB. But that doesn't show up in the cross reference book. Nor does 17A084 show up in the catalog. And one of the many mentions of "strap" in the catalog have anything to do with lifting an engine. Further, a Google search for E7TE 17A084-CB turns up nothing. But that ID# shows that it is a Ford part. :nabble_smiley_cry:

But that strap was on the back of the head on Huck, the 1990 F250. And yours was on the front? Does it have a number on it?

Nor do the illustrations in the MPC show exactly that part. However, as shown below, there is a lifting point shown on the driver's side exhaust manifold on other engines, but not the 460. And even then there's no # for it.

ENGINE ASSY. - TYPICAL
1980/ 8 CYL. 255 (4.2L), 302 (5.0L), 351M (5.8L), 351W (5.8L) and 400 (6.6L)

V8_DS_Illustration_-_Typical.thumb.jpg.e387da0027e981ff5438f791f33c6a79.jpg

Bill - Interesting question. And one I tried to answer earlier today. The ID # on that strap is E7TE 17A084-CB. But that doesn't show up in the cross reference book. Nor does 17A084 show up in the catalog. And one of the many mentions of "strap" in the catalog have anything to do with lifting an engine. Further, a Google search for E7TE 17A084-CB turns up nothing. But that ID# shows that it is a Ford part. :nabble_smiley_cry:

But that strap was on the back of the head on Huck, the 1990 F250. And yours was on the front? Does it have a number on it?

Nor do the illustrations in the MPC show exactly that part. However, as shown below, there is a lifting point shown on the driver's side exhaust manifold on other engines, but not the 460. And even then there's no # for it.

ENGINE ASSY. - TYPICAL

I'll have to look, FWIW, Big Ugly was also a 1990 F250, just a 2WD rather than a 4WD.

ENGINE ASSY. - TYPICAL

Now, this is interesting.I never had a lift point on my engine.The E7 # probably goes with the E7 efi heads.Does it bolt where my thermactor crossover & check valve do?