Bullnose Forum

Big Blue's Transformation

Are you sure it is D.O.N.E.? I see a few places you could stuff something else into :nabble_smiley_grin:

No! Please NO! I don't want any more under the hood!. :nabble_smiley_cry:

Seriously, this has been quite the quest and I'm ready to use the truck rather than work on it. And while I'm sure I'll do a few more things, I suspect they'll be pretty minor. Like a lighting upgrade or install the bed lights I've already purchased.

No! Please NO! I don't want any more under the hood!. :nabble_smiley_cry:

Seriously, this has been quite the quest and I'm ready to use the truck rather than work on it. And while I'm sure I'll do a few more things, I suspect they'll be pretty minor. Like a lighting upgrade or install the bed lights I've already purchased.

Just be careful when Houston tells you to cycle the oxygen tanks!

Are you sure it is D.O.N.E.? I see a few places you could stuff something else into :nabble_smiley_grin:

I have my doubts you could drop a nickel and have it fall through to hit the ground. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

That's the culmination of a LOT of impressive work Gary! :nabble_smiley_good:

It would be good to get Big Blue across the scales when you finally finish the rear bumper and have him fully set up for a trip off into the bush.

I have my doubts you could drop a nickel and have it fall through to hit the ground. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

That's the culmination of a LOT of impressive work Gary! :nabble_smiley_good:

It would be good to get Big Blue across the scales when you finally finish the rear bumper and have him fully set up for a trip off into the bush.

Dane - Does it take an EVA to cycle the tanks? I think that's what you are implying. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Jim - Thanks! Yes, it has been a looooong road, with a whole lot of work. I'm ready to sit back and rest for a bit now.

As for weighing it, I suspect that everything has added up to a lot. Using really heavy wire for the charging, starting, and grounding systems. The inverter and its #2 wiring. Two PDB's with fuses & relays. All the wiring to the EFI system. The compressor & tank. The aux battery with isolator. The Highliner w/the GMRS radio. The security system. The storage rack in back. The bed cover. The D60 up front & its OX locker. The side steps and their reinforced mounts. The Warn bumper and winch. The backup lights and fog lights. The switches that control everything. Yikes! :nabble_smiley_oh:

But I'm not ready to start on the rear bumper. Maybe Welder Scott will when we rebuild his 2150 in a few weeks, but right now I just want to get this phase done and enjoy it.

Speaking of which, my son and I are headed into the wilds of Arkansas this fall with Big Blue. That was my Christmas present from him. :nabble_anim_jump:

Dane - Does it take an EVA to cycle the tanks? I think that's what you are implying. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Jim - Thanks! Yes, it has been a looooong road, with a whole lot of work. I'm ready to sit back and rest for a bit now.

As for weighing it, I suspect that everything has added up to a lot. Using really heavy wire for the charging, starting, and grounding systems. The inverter and its #2 wiring. Two PDB's with fuses & relays. All the wiring to the EFI system. The compressor & tank. The aux battery with isolator. The Highliner w/the GMRS radio. The security system. The storage rack in back. The bed cover. The D60 up front & its OX locker. The side steps and their reinforced mounts. The Warn bumper and winch. The backup lights and fog lights. The switches that control everything. Yikes! :nabble_smiley_oh:

But I'm not ready to start on the rear bumper. Maybe Welder Scott will when we rebuild his 2150 in a few weeks, but right now I just want to get this phase done and enjoy it.

Speaking of which, my son and I are headed into the wilds of Arkansas this fall with Big Blue. That was my Christmas present from him. :nabble_anim_jump:

Your Christmas present from him was agreeing to go on vacation with you??? :nabble_anim_confused:

It's not like like "the wilds of Arkansas" are an exclusive holiday resort or that he's *jetting you off to Monaco.

A week in the woods with dad sounds lots of fun for you both.

Your Christmas present from him was agreeing to go on vacation with you??? :nabble_anim_confused:

It's not like like "the wilds of Arkansas" are an exclusive holiday resort or that he's *jetting you off to Monaco.

A week in the woods with dad sounds lots of fun for you both.

You mean like "And If It Wouldn't Be Too Much, I'd Like To Get Something For You, Clark ... Something Real Nice." :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

What he really means is that he's going to carve out time to do it. And he is one BUSY beaver! (He was one of three guys reporting to the boss. Over a period of a few weeks the other two and then the boss turned in their resignations. He got promoted and now has the work of four plus he's having to interview to fill all of the openings.)

It will be good for both of us. But it won't be a week. Probably a long weekend. The idea at this point is that he'll fly into Little Rock and I'll pick him up there and we'll hit the trail that afternoon.

You mean like "And If It Wouldn't Be Too Much, I'd Like To Get Something For You, Clark ... Something Real Nice." :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

What he really means is that he's going to carve out time to do it. And he is one BUSY beaver! (He was one of three guys reporting to the boss. Over a period of a few weeks the other two and then the boss turned in their resignations. He got promoted and now has the work of four plus he's having to interview to fill all of the openings.)

It will be good for both of us. But it won't be a week. Probably a long weekend. The idea at this point is that he'll fly into Little Rock and I'll pick him up there and we'll hit the trail that afternoon.

??? Sometimes if you see all the rats fleeing it's time to abandon ship.

I have no idea how long he's had that position.

It's nice that he can make time for you but can he really spare it due to the situation and workload he now has to deal with?

??? Sometimes if you see all the rats fleeing it's time to abandon ship.

I have no idea how long he's had that position.

It's nice that he can make time for you but can he really spare it due to the situation and workload he now has to deal with?

Yes, when the rats are leaving it tells you something. But if he can hold on for a while the promotion will be a big benefit in the future. On the other hand, if he comes up with the right job in the interim…

I wasn’t going to ask about the commitment of time this fall as I assumed the answer would be that he won’t be able to. But yesterday he said he still plans on it. However, I will fully understand if he can’t when the time comes.

Yes, when the rats are leaving it tells you something. But if he can hold on for a while the promotion will be a big benefit in the future. On the other hand, if he comes up with the right job in the interim…

I wasn’t going to ask about the commitment of time this fall as I assumed the answer would be that he won’t be able to. But yesterday he said he still plans on it. However, I will fully understand if he can’t when the time comes.

I'm sure you saw a lot of this when the whole Lampert/Kmart/Sears deal went down. 😔

A lot can happen between now and then. :nabble_smiley_beam:

I'm sure you saw a lot of this when the whole Lampert/Kmart/Sears deal went down. 😔

A lot can happen between now and then. :nabble_smiley_beam:

Yep, and yep.

And yep about the deal having "gone down". I'm sure that wasn't what you originally meant, but ask anyone that was at Sears, and things went D.O.W.N.

Anyway, you are right that a lot can change 'twixt now and Octoberish, and I'm going to remain flexible. The trip may not happen, but it won't be Bret's fault. However, I'm going to do everything I can to be ready, inc getting Big Blue in shape.

So, back to the testing. So far it is going well.