Bullnose Forums

C2 PS Pump Bung Swap??

I am about to change the bung for the high pressure hose. The lines have a different fitting so the new isnt the same as the old. The new one I am putting in requires the O rings. However, the line is the later line that doesnt use them.

Are there any magic seals or O rings to deal with when removing the bung from the C2? Do they just seal when tightened and I don't need to be on the lookout for something necessary that needs to be installed like a stuck on seal thst needs to be found and removed?

Brandon, I have pictures of the C2 bung removed and side by side with a Saginaw bung over on FTE.

What is a 'later hose'?

Are you adapting something from an OBS to a Bullnose?

A little more context would help answer the question.

Brandon, I have pictures of the C2 bung removed and side by side with a Saginaw bung over on FTE.

What is a 'later hose'?

Are you adapting something from an OBS to a Bullnose?

A little more context would help answer the question.

Using a bullnose pump on an OBS Jim.

Using a bullnose pump on an OBS Jim.

And a Bullnose hose won't fit the OBS steering box?

I understand you're trying to use the OBS hose, but a pressure line for a Bullnose is only like $12 and most places have one on the shelf.

Ask them to pull one for an '85 and one for a '95 and compare the hard ends at the box.

It really could be that easy.

And a Bullnose hose won't fit the OBS steering box?

I understand you're trying to use the OBS hose, but a pressure line for a Bullnose is only like $12 and most places have one on the shelf.

Ask them to pull one for an '85 and one for a '95 and compare the hard ends at the box.

It really could be that easy.

The steering box end didn't change, when I needed one for Darth, we had a perfect 1996 box from a flipped F150, I installed it using my old hoses. When I was getting ready for the EFI conversion, I used the donor truck's (1990 F250) C2 pump, which takes the newer hose, I used the hose from the 1990 into my then still 1986 steering box. Get a hose for a 1986 with the same engine, 351 if I remember correctly.

The steering box end didn't change, when I needed one for Darth, we had a perfect 1996 box from a flipped F150, I installed it using my old hoses. When I was getting ready for the EFI conversion, I used the donor truck's (1990 F250) C2 pump, which takes the newer hose, I used the hose from the 1990 into my then still 1986 steering box. Get a hose for a 1986 with the same engine, 351 if I remember correctly.

I have one. It was on the ps pump I swapped in. I am just planning to use the newer one.

I have one. It was on the ps pump I swapped in. I am just planning to use the newer one.

The newer hose isn't going to fit the older bung.

The newer bung isn't going to fit the older pump.

A new hose in the old Bullnose style is only $12 and likely on the shelf of your LAP.

Sometimes the only reasonable path is through your wallet.

The newer hose isn't going to fit the older bung.

The newer bung isn't going to fit the older pump.

A new hose in the old Bullnose style is only $12 and likely on the shelf of your LAP.

Sometimes the only reasonable path is through your wallet.

20190511_160329.jpg.30bf124ab6354297d293f6a61dcb3881.jpg

Above we have an OBS C2 pump on the left and a bullnose C2 pump on the right.

20190511_160621.jpg.2d4d8d882e74cf8fef17926091c476a2.jpg

Here is a shot of the high pressure bungs that adapt the high pressure hose to the C2. The hose fittings themselves are a different style. The bullnose has an O ring around a tube that goes into the bung where the OBS fitting looks more like a JIC and uses a thin teflon O ring around the top of the flare nut to seal it.

20190511_160708.jpg.88df82d95bfdade28cf605ef735f8f5f.jpg

Here is a shot of a Bullnose C2 I had out at the shop(this one is Jr's) with the OBS bung installed as a test run in order to be sure we weren't going to hit a snag when we got off site at Kris's house.

Long story short, the actual bung swap took about 5 minutes . It was a success with no leaks.

In conclusion, the C2's are completely interchangeable . However, remember there is a difference in high pressure hoses. So be sure you get whatever parts necessary off of the old unit for the install.

Above we have an OBS C2 pump on the left and a bullnose C2 pump on the right.

Here is a shot of the high pressure bungs that adapt the high pressure hose to the C2. The hose fittings themselves are a different style. The bullnose has an O ring around a tube that goes into the bung where the OBS fitting looks more like a JIC and uses a thin teflon O ring around the top of the flare nut to seal it.

Here is a shot of a Bullnose C2 I had out at the shop(this one is Jr's) with the OBS bung installed as a test run in order to be sure we weren't going to hit a snag when we got off site at Kris's house.

Long story short, the actual bung swap took about 5 minutes . It was a success with no leaks.

In conclusion, the C2's are completely interchangeable . However, remember there is a difference in high pressure hoses. So be sure you get whatever parts necessary off of the old unit for the install.

Well done! So do you have the final pump on Kris' truck?