Bullnose Forums

460 mild performance build

It's working now.

I want to print some of Scott's pictures from his website so I don't have to expose my tablet to all the iron filings

Good plan, Stan! I killed the speaker on 3 iPhones with metal filings. That was before I realized that it was the filings that were doing it. Now I have a Lifeproof case, which works to stop the filings, but also stops the sound going in. :nabble_smiley_sad:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good plan, Stan! I killed the speaker on 3 iPhones with metal filings. That was before I realized that it was the filings that were doing it. Now I have a Lifeproof case, which works to stop the filings, but also stops the sound going in. :nabble_smiley_sad:

Just get a pair of earbuds.

It's not like you have any fidelity from the phone over the grinder noise anyhow.

One nice thing about an electric grinder, they don't get freezing cold in your hand.

The weight is a little too much but I don't imagine a suspension system would offer enough flexibility.

Just get a pair of earbuds.

It's not like you have any fidelity from the phone over the grinder noise anyhow.

One nice thing about an electric grinder, they don't get freezing cold in your hand.

The weight is a little too much but I don't imagine a suspension system would offer enough flexibility.

I wasn't using the phone during grinding. In fact, it was in my pocket. But the filings got through nonetheless.

Yes, electric doesn't get cold like air tools do. Good luck in the morn.

Gee, I don't have a problem with my lifeproof case.

I didn't with my first one. But it wore out so they sent me a new one, and EVERYBODY complains about not being able to hear me after I installed it.

I don't understand the point of these armored cases anymore.

I had a Otterbox back when the only smart phone available was from that fruity company that puts form before function.

There are phones on the market that are IP67, there are phones with shatterPROOF screens, there are phones that have expandable memory, or allow you root access.

Mine is machined from aluminum bullet, and hard anodized.

The only reason I have a polycarbonate bumper sleeve on it is because Qi won't pass through metal,

And I need something to keep the wireless charging sticker from snagging on my pocket.

So i customize it by cutting a picture postcard (remember those?) and slipping it in the back.

If you're going to make a fashion statement do it in style.

Glass may be radio transparent and resistant to most liquids but -to me- it doesn't make a wise choice for something that rides in my pocket 18/24.

I need to not lose my grip when wet.

I put it down on concrete and stone.

I'm a dirty individual that some times gets sand or grinding grit in my clothing.

I knock it off the nightstand on occasion.

I don't need to pay more than my annual car insurance for a frail tracking beacon.

/rant off/ I guess.... :nabble_smiley_blush:

I don't understand the point of these armored cases anymore.

I had a Otterbox back when the only smart phone available was from that fruity company that puts form before function.

There are phones on the market that are IP67, there are phones with shatterPROOF screens, there are phones that have expandable memory, or allow you root access.

Mine is machined from aluminum bullet, and hard anodized.

The only reason I have a polycarbonate bumper sleeve on it is because Qi won't pass through metal,

And I need something to keep the wireless charging sticker from snagging on my pocket.

So i customize it by cutting a picture postcard (remember those?) and slipping it in the back.

If you're going to make a fashion statement do it in style.

Glass may be radio transparent and resistant to most liquids but -to me- it doesn't make a wise choice for something that rides in my pocket 18/24.

I need to not lose my grip when wet.

I put it down on concrete and stone.

I'm a dirty individual that some times gets sand or grinding grit in my clothing.

I knock it off the nightstand on occasion.

I don't need to pay more than my annual car insurance for a frail tracking beacon.

/rant off/ I guess.... :nabble_smiley_blush:

After having killed three phones I came to the conclusion that protection from metal dust was essential. The Lifeproof case provides that because it is sealed in order to be waterproof. Plus, it has the necessary cushioning to protect the phone when I drop it. And, you can put a screen saver on before placing it in the case in order to protect the screen itself.

But, as said, it also impedes the sound to the mike. And it adds considerable bulk. So I think I’ll buy an Otterbox the next round.

After having killed three phones I came to the conclusion that protection from metal dust was essential. The Lifeproof case provides that because it is sealed in order to be waterproof. Plus, it has the necessary cushioning to protect the phone when I drop it. And, you can put a screen saver on before placing it in the case in order to protect the screen itself.

But, as said, it also impedes the sound to the mike. And it adds considerable bulk. So I think I’ll buy an Otterbox the next round.

I'm really happy with just my Ringke fusion case and a screen protector.

As for what I did today (so far)

I spent some time roughing out the ports in one of my heads.

I also bent a burr and nicked an intake seat when the cord caught on the other end of the head.

IMG_20171113_063629.thumb.jpg.0996f65624dd0b9abefc1c1f77a76f2e.jpg

IMG_20171113_062402.thumb.jpg.0407e11a169d903f51e1dbab89d30e4e.jpg

IMG_20171113_062213.jpg.d73c2b8ee115a768323afe90e5d4d4d0.jpg

IMG_20171113_062230.jpg.3a8c310273c69034d0379a95b0b0853b.jpg

Hard to get good pics when working in a shipping container.

I'm really happy with just my Ringke fusion case and a screen protector.

As for what I did today (so far)

I spent some time roughing out the ports in one of my heads.

I also bent a burr and nicked an intake seat when the cord caught on the other end of the head.

Hard to get good pics when working in a shipping container.

I liked the original post: “sent a burrito”. 😎

I think I see the nick. Will it lap out? I did that on the Windsor heads I ported and it did lap out, but took some work.

Anyway, I’m impressed by how clean you are keeping it since I know there has to be lots of metal dust flying around. Is the vacuum to the combustion chamber idea working?

I liked the original post: “sent a burrito”. 😎

I think I see the nick. Will it lap out? I did that on the Windsor heads I ported and it did lap out, but took some work.

Anyway, I’m impressed by how clean you are keeping it since I know there has to be lots of metal dust flying around. Is the vacuum to the combustion chamber idea working?

I haven't gotten to making it yet.

My tiny generator has a hard time running anything more than the lights and grinder *or* vacuum.

I did get an inverter at Harbor Freight yesterday.