Bullnose Forums

460 mild performance build

Big Red, maybe.

or Smokey.

Or some sleeper name.

It is just a hard working truck, everyday.

I think I need to hook up my foot pedal because it is inconvenient to adjust speed with the dial.

It is always good to practice foot control.

For TIG, but I'm probably going to need it with half again as much power as this truck had stock.

Anyway, I have cutters coming in today.

And a little inspection light to dedicate to the vacuum adapter.

And a torch to practice with.

And, and, and

Sounds like a busy day. Happy cutting, heating, vacuuming!

But with that build you will need to have practiced foot control. 😉

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big Red? Big BAD Red? :nabble_smiley_wink:

After seeing the red paint thread I'm thinking Lil' Red-Hot, or maybe Lil' Red Devil.

From what Scott has said the engine will be very linear.

And while it won't have the aluminum heads or as much cam as your engine, it will be a huge improvement over a stock carbureted 460.

After seeing the red paint thread I'm thinking Lil' Red-Hot, or maybe Lil' Red Devil.

And while it won't have the aluminum heads or as much cam as your engine, it will be a huge improvement over a stock carbureted 460.

Actually, Dad's engine has a very mild cam. Was just talking to Tim this afternoon about the intake, and he said I did it right by dialing down the cam to get the torque peak low in the range. In fact, he's had a guy return an engine recently wanting a cam like mine in it.

Anyway, a hot 460 has got to be potent. You're gonna have fun, fun, FUN! And there's no T-bird to take away. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Actually, Dad's engine has a very mild cam. Was just talking to Tim this afternoon about the intake, and he said I did it right by dialing down the cam to get the torque peak low in the range. In fact, he's had a guy return an engine recently wanting a cam like mine in it.

Anyway, a hot 460 has got to be potent. You're gonna have fun, fun, FUN! And there's no T-bird to take away. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I think the lighted adapter is working.

IMG_20171116_055638.thumb.jpg.40605d9e07e2877f3558eb02da20e259.jpg

IMG_20171116_055614.thumb.jpg.5f9a71d7705bbeaeab5cc2039e8c8acb.jpg

I got the 6" shank burrs but don't have time to use them.

(I try to avoid running the generator for hours at 3 on Sunday morning)

So nothing will be getting done for the next week, as I'm headed down to meet Bill around 05:00 Monday.

And then will be at my sisters house through the Thanksgiving holiday.

Going with Lil'RedDevil, since I needed a name on the EZ-Pass and Lil'Red was taken.

I got the 6" shank burrs but don't have time to use them.

(I try to avoid running the generator for hours at 3 on Sunday morning)

So nothing will be getting done for the next week, as I'm headed down to meet Bill around 05:00 Monday.

And then will be at my sisters house through the Thanksgiving holiday.

Going with Lil'RedDevil, since I needed a name on the EZ-Pass and Lil'Red was taken.

You have to have a name on your EZ-Pass? ours are by tag number and vehicle type/color.