Bullnose Forums

Crush, the Bronco . . .

PetesPonies

hasn't had anything done to him in a long time. I completely did the ranger, with Crush just watching. So time to get back to him. I still have the front grille to finish and modify the hood to match. Crush is a slushbox, which I hate. I should just buy all the parts for a swap . . anyone want to swap parts ? :) But I bought an Aerostar floor shifter. so I finally cut the floor and installed the shifter. I need to fab some kind of bracket to hold the cable at the trans . . .

crush_shifter.jpg.0421c66dd5234e42e55360986c5a1324.jpg

crush_shifter2.jpg.99b74689ed46267114979274235f25f3.jpg

Interesting approach - a floor shifter for an auto. Curious to see how you do that. Any pics of how that connects to the tranny?

Gary, it's a cable shift. Just like all aftermarket shifters, using cables. This is a factory piece that uses a cable, so attaching it is as easy as it gets. Doesn't mean super easy, just couldn't be any easier. All I need is a bracket to hold the cable. It will attach to the trans ear just as the stock linkage does.

Gary, it's a cable shift. Just like all aftermarket shifters, using cables. This is a factory piece that uses a cable, so attaching it is as easy as it gets. Doesn't mean super easy, just couldn't be any easier. All I need is a bracket to hold the cable. It will attach to the trans ear just as the stock linkage does.

I thought the first gen Broncos had some kind of floor shifter that looked close to the Mustang & Cougar auto shifters? Many be for the transfer case?

Been a long time since I seen a first gen Bronco so could be wrong?

As for the cable bracket something like a B&M one might work.

Making one I don't think would be hard either.

Dave ----

I thought the first gen Broncos had some kind of floor shifter that looked close to the Mustang & Cougar auto shifters? Many be for the transfer case?

Been a long time since I seen a first gen Bronco so could be wrong?

As for the cable bracket something like a B&M one might work.

Making one I don't think would be hard either.

Dave ----

The EBs had a floor shifter that had a handle that looked like a Mustang.

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww44/auctionsandbeyond/1969%20Ford%20Bronco%20October%202012/100_7635.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The EBs had a floor shifter that had a handle that looked like a Mustang.

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww44/auctionsandbeyond/1969%20Ford%20Bronco%20October%202012/100_7635.jpg

Now that the floor shifter is in, I need to clean up the column. Anyone have a parts truck that was floor shifted ? I need the panels to cover the column without a spot for the column shifter.

• 4 weeks later...

Now that the floor shifter is in, I need to clean up the column. Anyone have a parts truck that was floor shifted ? I need the panels to cover the column without a spot for the column shifter.

After not finding the column part I needed, nor an easy way to remove the piece I had . . I modified it. Then modified the gauge cluster to remove the gear selection.

hc_1560453632580.jpg.e8041c4e839ee4732b3471b80db3dc2a.jpg

hc_1560457032966.jpg.8680155cf6c9294e9aff611759b33039.jpg

After not finding the column part I needed, nor an easy way to remove the piece I had . . I modified it. Then modified the gauge cluster to remove the gear selection.

After what you did to the lil pick up that column part mod should have been easy.

Looks good think Cody did the same mod on has when he installed the 5sp.

Dave ----

edit: Did the column shift have a reverse lock out?

I ask because I have a car that did and the rod was removed before I got the car.

Because of this the column part would turn and then the key part would bind up. When this happened and was forced it would break the R&P up inside the column.

Again before I got the car and had to rebuild the column and lock part and lockout the reverse part to keep it from turning.