Bullnose Forums

Issues With Big Blue!?!?!

Today I was looking at Big Blue today and found three things I do not like:

First, the front jounce bumper is less than an inch off the top of the spring. Is that correct?

Second, as you'll see in the pictures below, there are only 3 bolts holding the left engine stand/perch to the crossmember and frame. In other words, there are two bolts missing. So, should I assume they should all be there?

Last, and probably by far the worst, is the crossmember. I'm going to include a bunch of pics to show what I found, but I'm very sure that Ford did NOT leave cuts like these in the crossmember. Does someone have an F250 w/a 460 that could take pics of the crossmember?

DSCN3805.thumb.jpg.392dd09048bb77433fa9beb5d990bc4d.jpg

DSCN3806.thumb.jpg.9cf2427eb64fe6bec2a8096420c7e183.jpg

DSCN3809.thumb.jpg.37ba06471f8cd9436076a8bb289ebbbe.jpg

DSCN3811.thumb.jpg.a1856614541f3e00058d79b25a78ae39.jpg

DSCN3812.thumb.jpg.07317595f4683e39119adb9bc12bdb76.jpg

DSCN3813.thumb.jpg.fec2b70588982201916e9af2ea32a55b.jpg

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defenetly some clean cuts! I honestly might look into welding pieces back in place their if you find it is comprimising the integrety of the truck, and thats defenetly not a Swiss frame, those were 80-late 81. Maybe it was something Ford did to make sure that 460 fit. Its not exactly a small engine!

I"ll take some pics.

Could you take one further back so I know where to shoot from?

Grumpin - I'll take more pics tomorrow, but those were taken around/over the front sway bar and I was laying in front of the tire.

Cory - The perches are red. RED! :nabble_smiley_argh: So they've been off and some !@#$%^&* painted them, sorta bolted them back on, and butchered the crossmember to boot. :nabble_smiley_cry:

Will pictures from a 2WD F350 help? I probably have some and can get more tomorrow. It looks like the crossmember was cut to get access to the mount to adapter bolts which normally are not remotely accessible with the mounts bolted to the perches.

Yes, 2wd pics would help 'cause the crossmembers are the same - right?

And, I agree that they probably cut things to get to those bolts. But...... :nabble_smiley_uh:

Cory - The perches are red. RED! :nabble_smiley_argh: So they've been off and some !@#$%^&* painted them...

Oh...

See, that red paint would bother me more than the sections of the frame being cut...lol. Not that I dislike red, but I hate it when people paint things weird colors like that.

Cory - The perches are red. RED! :nabble_smiley_argh: So they've been off and some !@#$%^&* painted them...

Oh...

See, that red paint would bother me more than the sections of the frame being cut...lol. Not that I dislike red, but I hate it when people paint things weird colors like that.

There are red mounts on the engine, red links on the sway bars, red brackets for the A/C compressor, and even red poly mounts for the suspension. :nabble_smiley_cry:

Much of that is going to change when the engine is out. :nabble_smiley_good:

There are red mounts on the engine, red links on the sway bars, red brackets for the A/C compressor, and even red poly mounts for the suspension. :nabble_smiley_cry:

Much of that is going to change when the engine is out. :nabble_smiley_good:

Wow, usually people butcher the frames to put a 460 where it wasn't originally equipped. Can't say I've seen someone butcher an original 460 frame for a 460. :nabble_smiley_happy: