Bullnose Forums

Add power to the 300 i6?

Goodness!

You can see all that heat!

That's neat! But, it isn't unusual for exhausts to glow red, although not nearly that much. Years ago Dad and I pulled the doghouse off their mini motor home w/a 400 Chevy so we could tune the QJet. As the daylight faded we realized that the exhaust manifolds were indeed glowing red, and we were just cruising at about 60 or 65 MPH. Which explained why the doghouse got so hot.

Goodness!

You can see all that heat!

You can actually see the header grow from the heat!

That's a Ford I-6 but not the same ones we got here in the U.S.

(Just like they got Cleveland's while we got the 351M/400)

I do believe it was available in their Falcon based Ute.

Similar to the Ranchero we used to have here in the States.

I have been around a few of these engines in industrial applications. If you take care of them they do last pretty well.

I know of a few pumps that had these for motors that probably had the equivalent of a million miles worth of hours with little more then oil and filter changes.

I think all the industrial versions of this motor received Forged cranks. So if you really are looking to improve power I would search for one of those cranks.

Ill have a look! Right off the bat, i am not really brave enough to tear into an engine like that, i could probibly find another way to add power, open up the exaust or something! I just dont want to tear into it, take the cam out, and then not know how to put it back together. Thats great that the rumor about the forged crank is true. I also heard ford sent out a few 300s from the factory with forged internals!