Bullnose Forums

Rosebud

So, something like 118"?

The idea of a big Bronco with a passthrough is pretty appealing! 😊

The newer chassis would be nice, but I think I'd want more than a tired 302 to motivate it.

I also want way more than a tired 302, that is just what I have on hand. In my mind I would get the truck together, use the 302 until I can get something better, and then put the 302 in a go-cart for my kids.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, something like 118"?

The idea of a big Bronco with a passthrough is pretty appealing! 😊

The newer chassis would be nice, but I think I'd want more than a tired 302 to motivate it.

I also want way more than a tired 302, that is just what I have on hand. In my mind I would get the truck together, use the 302 until I can get something better, and then put the 302 in a go-cart for my kids.

WAY back in the 1970's we would "repurpose" two-stroke bike engines from our wrecks into shifter carts.

They were easily enough weight and horsepower to kill you, quick.

(I literally would go through a Yamaha RD 400 every month during one summer. crashed or seized)

They were $1100 tagged and out the door at Cycle Works for those of us that had race sponsorship, $1,300

retail.

You guys were talking about bracing the steering box. Thought you die hard off roaders might be interested in this.

https://solomotorsports.com/shop/parts/general-parts/steering-box-sector-shaft-double-shear-adapter/

A link bar attached to that adapter, running to the opposite side of the chassis, would be really helpful in my opinion, especially when using a dropped Pitman arm.

Yes, that would firm things up nicely. I'd not seen nor heard of those. :nabble_smiley_good: