Bullnose Forums

Little Blue 82

It would be cool to put a carb heat plate coolant circuit on a ball valve. Run a cable to control carb heat to the dash, like they do in aircraft.

It would be cool to be able to adjust timing from the cab too.

I cant find a carb spacer anywhere that is setup for coolant flow through. Maybe I am not searching proper keywords.

It would be cool to put a carb heat plate coolant circuit on a ball valve. Run a cable to control carb heat to the dash, like they do in aircraft.

It would be cool to be able to adjust timing from the cab too.

Doesn't the engine have to warm up first for one of those coolant plates to work?

I understand how Ford directed the exhaust gas at the bottom of the intake.

Maybe there's a resistive heat pad that would get up to 40C right away and then shut off, using an SCR or something?

Usually it's not a spacer, but a plate bolted to the manifold floor beneath the carb.

Jim, now that you mention it, I think the C series has a place to bolt a factory exhaust manifold to. Maybe I can make use of that and put exhaust heat to it. But then I would always have heat to the intake. I dont want that in the summer.

Jim, now that you mention it, I think the C series has a place to bolt a factory exhaust manifold to. Maybe I can make use of that and put exhaust heat to it. But then I would always have heat to the intake. I dont want that in the summer.

No, you wouldn't.

And the factory thermostatic flap is prone to freezing up.

That's why I asked about a heating pad to lay in the bottom of the plenum (such as it is) that would cut on at cold start and shut off as soon as the CT*Sensor* opened.

No, you wouldn't.

That's why I asked about a heating pad to lay in the bottom of the plenum (such as it is) that would cut on at cold start and shut off as soon as the CT*Sensor* opened.

Jim, looks like someone makes a heat plate that bolts to the bottom of the manifold. Offenhauser has cast into their manifolds NOT to use a heat coolant plate....hmmmm...

Screenshot_20191211-152304_Chrome.thumb.jpg.eb0df1cbf902b41782fc3ee853ffdfb4.jpg

No, you wouldn't.

Jim, looks like someone makes a heat plate that bolts to the bottom of the manifold. Offenhauser has cast into their manifolds NOT to use a heat coolant plate....hmmmm...

I don't think they're so concerned about 1 bar, as much as they're concerned about the bottom of their alloy intake corroding out due to galvanic action.

I don't think they're so concerned about 1 bar, as much as they're concerned about the bottom of their alloy intake corroding out due to galvanic action.

I might build one. I would keep the coolant off the intake. I am thinking a solid block of aluminum designe to fit on the bottom of the intake. Then run coolant through that block.