Bullnose Forums

Little Blue 82

Well, it is not the filter. Since so little time on the oil, drain in a clean catch pan and use for a lawn mower?

It may not be the filter but could be if QC was sleeping when that one came down the line :nabble_smiley_evil:

Dave ----

Im stopping to get oil and a new battery tomorrow. Sold a wood stove someone gave me so I have some cash. the battery is 5 years old. Better take care of it before it dies this winter.

Well, it is not the filter. Since so little time on the oil, drain in a clean catch pan and use for a lawn mower?

It may not be the filter but could be if QC was sleeping when that one came down the line :nabble_smiley_evil:

Dave ----

I keep telling you guys that QC inspection is not some hungover human.

It's a computer algorithm that measures 20 points on ten pieces a second through cameras in different spectrums.. -and DOES NOT miss-

Im stopping to get oil and a new battery tomorrow. Sold a wood stove someone gave me so I have some cash. the battery is 5 years old. Better take care of it before it dies this winter.

I get all my filters from RK and haven't had one without a drain back valve. I've thought about picking up some of their cheap quarts for my leaky Ranger until I fix the timing cover leak, but I've been skeptical due to the price. So I just stick with $6 quarts of CARQUEST High Mileage in between oil changes.

As for batteries, I can't seem to get one to last more than three years here in Florida. I've been buying Motorcraft branded batteries ever since I bought the truck nine years ago due to their warranty, and am on number four or five at this point. Luckily most have failed before pro-ration ends so I haven't had to pay full price except for the last one that put me out of the time period due to a prior warranty claim. I blame the heat because I keep the terminals clean and clear.

I get all my filters from RK and haven't had one without a drain back valve. I've thought about picking up some of their cheap quarts for my leaky Ranger until I fix the timing cover leak, but I've been skeptical due to the price. So I just stick with $6 quarts of CARQUEST High Mileage in between oil changes.

As for batteries, I can't seem to get one to last more than three years here in Florida. I've been buying Motorcraft branded batteries ever since I bought the truck nine years ago due to their warranty, and am on number four or five at this point. Luckily most have failed before pro-ration ends so I haven't had to pay full price except for the last one that put me out of the time period due to a prior warranty claim. I blame the heat because I keep the terminals clean and clear.

I used to buy Diehard from sears. Id get 5 years out of those no problem. I think the quality of batteries has either fallen or I am driving vehicles that are more demanding on the batteries. Cant seem to get more than 3 or 4 out now.

The one in the blue truck was there when I got it. Its an Autozone duralast.

I used to buy Diehard from sears. Id get 5 years out of those no problem. I think the quality of batteries has either fallen or I am driving vehicles that are more demanding on the batteries. Cant seem to get more than 3 or 4 out now.

The one in the blue truck was there when I got it. Its an Autozone duralast.

The original battery in Lil' Red lasted 11 years!

And gave no sign of slowing down, until I hit a huge bump and once I shut it off, there was nothing.

A cell had broken loose from the terminal.

The Advance Group 65 'Gold' that is in there now was installed 1/15, and has lost much of its reserve in the past (almost) five years.

If you figure, that's $1.80 a month over 60 months time. I think my cost was $108 OTD.

(***Better figures)

The original battery in Lil' Red lasted 11 years!

And gave no sign of slowing down, until I hit a huge bump and once I shut it off, there was nothing.

A cell had broken loose from the terminal.

The Advance Group 65 'Gold' that is in there now was installed 1/15, and has lost much of its reserve in the past (almost) five years.

If you figure, that's $1.80 a month over 60 months time. I think my cost was $108 OTD.

(***Better figures)

Yeah, the cost of a battery, even if all you get is 3-4 year out of it, ain't all that bad.

Yeah, the cost of a battery, even if all you get is 3-4 year out of it, ain't all that bad.

Alrighty......I had lifter noise, Harvest King 10w-30 and a motorcraft filter.....

I changed the oil in Little Blue 82. So, I removed the Harvest King oil. By the way, the Castrol GTX oil I replaced it with has EXACTLY the same API SN ratings. Same weight 10W-30. Apples to apples here.

Soooooo......I had a spare Purolator Filter I found in the bronco....

What do you know? I changed to Castrol and a Purolator and the lifter noise DISAPPEARED COMPLETELY.

Shaking My Head....I don't get it. My wife nicknamed me "Raygyver" 12 years ago.....

images.jpg.f6d977109cf02696b75346b6b44373ea.jpg

Alrighty......I had lifter noise, Harvest King 10w-30 and a motorcraft filter.....

I changed the oil in Little Blue 82. So, I removed the Harvest King oil. By the way, the Castrol GTX oil I replaced it with has EXACTLY the same API SN ratings. Same weight 10W-30. Apples to apples here.

Soooooo......I had a spare Purolator Filter I found in the bronco....

What do you know? I changed to Castrol and a Purolator and the lifter noise DISAPPEARED COMPLETELY.

Shaking My Head....I don't get it. My wife nicknamed me "Raygyver" 12 years ago.....

Typically the lifters are the last thing served by the oil system, although I'm not sure about the 300. So too thick of oil would slow it getting to the lifters and cause a tick. But I would have thought it would have take really thick oil to do that.

Anyway, glad you got it fixed.

Typically the lifters are the last thing served by the oil system, although I'm not sure about the 300. So too thick of oil would slow it getting to the lifters and cause a tick. But I would have thought it would have take really thick oil to do that.

Anyway, glad you got it fixed.

So, was it the Motorcraft filter or the Harvest King oil? :nabble_anim_confused: