Bullnose Forums

Little Blue 82

Yes, you can run heat to the carb with a header. Use some of the soft tubing Jim talks about for brake or fuel line, and wrap it around the header two or three turns. That'll warm the air up in the tube quite nicely. You might want to put some insulation on the return, but it'll work.

Copper tubing is better, it will not rust out and is easier to bend.

Poor man headers ... EFI manifolds

If you need to run pre-heat to the air filter you can make the tin from sheet metal and/or tin cans to catch the heat and use the paper hose up to the filter housing like stock.

I have not done this and don't know if I will have to only time will tell.

Dave ----

Dave, it is copper/nickel tubing.

Very easy to form and will likely outlast all of us.

Check it out

Dave, it is copper/nickel tubing.

Very easy to form and will likely outlast all of us.

Check it out

Thanks guys. I think I have some copper tubing somewhere. Good idea. Ill check to see if I can get power to the choke, and see if the choke will actually work.

Once the truck starts, it warms up and runs fine. But yeah, I havent run it in real cold weather yet, so I anticipate problems.

Thanks guys. I think I have some copper tubing somewhere. Good idea. Ill check to see if I can get power to the choke, and see if the choke will actually work.

Once the truck starts, it warms up and runs fine. But yeah, I havent run it in real cold weather yet, so I anticipate problems.

You're in rural Kentucky....

If there aren't coils of copper hiding near every creek you're not looking hard enough. :nabble_smiley_whistling:

You're in rural Kentucky....

If there aren't coils of copper hiding near every creek you're not looking hard enough. :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Funny you should say that...

I have been collecting parts and build plans to distill ethanol. My ancestor all come from Kentucky and virginia area. Mountain people. Its in my blood. At 16 years old I made my first still, in my bedroom and hid it from my parents.....

Funny you should say that...

I have been collecting parts and build plans to distill ethanol. My ancestor all come from Kentucky and virginia area. Mountain people. Its in my blood. At 16 years old I made my first still, in my bedroom and hid it from my parents.....

.... Not that I haven't.

But any distillation of hard liquor in the U.S. is illegal (even if only for personal consumption)

Get with the times Ray!

It the 21st century.

It's methlabs all the way down these days.. :nabble_anim_crazy:

.... Not that I haven't.

But any distillation of hard liquor in the U.S. is illegal (even if only for personal consumption)

Get with the times Ray!

It the 21st century.

I live minutes away from the second largest National Forest in Florida. I've spent plenty of time traversing the central and western sides and the things I have seen are incredible. Everything from illegal distilleries, stolen burned out cars, small weed plots, white supremacists, homeless hippies (rainbow people), and plenty of other strange individuals doing strange things. It's a wild world.

.... Not that I haven't.

Get with the times Ray!

It the 21st century.

Id not consume it. Mix 15% gasoline and run it in the Tahoe. I have Kentucky State Trooper, and local law enforcement buddies. They all say "dont sell shine, sell the jar" with a wink and a nod.

Like you said, I live in the heart of Bourbon country. Jim Beam is right on the other side of the county.

.... Not that I haven't.

Get with the times Ray!

It the 21st century.

Id not consume it. Mix 15% gasoline and run it in the Tahoe. I have Kentucky State Trooper, and local law enforcement buddies. They all say "dont sell shine, sell the jar" with a wink and a nod.

Like you said, I live in the heart of Bourbon country. Jim Beam is right on the other side of the county.

So, picked up some 3M weatherstrip adhesive, pulled and cleaned the strip off the top of the bronco doors and installed. Next time on the freeway, hopefully I notice a difference.

I messed with the choke a little. I get 7 volts off the factory choke wire. But I dont see the choke move. The vacuum diaphram works to keep it open. Is the choke supposed to be completly closed in the morning when its cold?

.... Not that I haven't.

Get with the times Ray!

It the 21st century.

Nothing like a good Bourbon.

The whole thing about ageing in a virgin charred oak cask gives me pause though.

That would mean I'd have to run 50-100 gallons at a time.

So, picked up some 3M weatherstrip adhesive, pulled and cleaned the strip off the top of the bronco doors and installed. Next time on the freeway, hopefully I notice a difference.

I messed with the choke a little. I get 7 volts off the factory choke wire. But I dont see the choke move. The vacuum diaphram works to keep it open. Is the choke supposed to be completly closed in the morning when its cold?

It's supposed to be closed only as far as you set it to be.

Once you open the throttle all the way to set (release) it.