Bullnose Forums

Little Blue 82

While under the dashpad...

How do you remove the dash pad anyway? I haven't done that yet, but need to...

Its pretty simple. 3 screws on dash bezzle, 2 screws on radio bezzle, 4 screws in defrost vent, and 2 or 3 just above the glove box door. Then it slides right out.

Its pretty simple. 3 screws on dash bezzle, 2 screws on radio bezzle, 4 screws in defrost vent, and 2 or 3 just above the glove box door. Then it slides right out.

Thanks Ray. I have to remove mine soon to get my A-pillar trim panels sorted out.

I think it is two above the glove box. But the question is which two as there are something like six there. I pulled Big Blue's and can figure that out later today. But don't remove all of those six as they are holding other things in. If I haven't reported back just loosen them and wiggle the pad to figure out which two are holding it in.

Unfortunately the MPC doesn't have an illustration that I can find which shows the screws. If someone has found one, please let me know.

Thanks Ray. I have to remove mine soon to get my A-pillar trim panels sorted out.

Yeah, I need new a-pillar covers. Mine are cracked.

Im going to get some SEM interior dye ordered sometime and dye all the panels the same color like factory. Im in various shades of blue right now.

Next big project is the wood in the bed. Going to remove what is there and make patterns. Then, Ill go make some on the sawmill.

After that I need to tackle the seat belt and ebrake lights. Not sure yet why they are staying on.

Yeah, I need new a-pillar covers. Mine are cracked.

Im going to get some SEM interior dye ordered sometime and dye all the panels the same color like factory. Im in various shades of blue right now.

Next big project is the wood in the bed. Going to remove what is there and make patterns. Then, Ill go make some on the sawmill.

After that I need to tackle the seat belt and ebrake lights. Not sure yet why they are staying on.

For your brake light look up under the lower edge of the dash board.

Make sure the little switch is screwed down.

The light comes on because with the parking brake pedal down the switch closes to ground.

If it's not tight, or not aligned with the top of the arm, the contacts won't be pushed open.

For your brake light look up under the lower edge of the dash board.

Make sure the little switch is screwed down.

The light comes on because with the parking brake pedal down the switch closes to ground.

If it's not tight, or not aligned with the top of the arm, the contacts won't be pushed open.

Jim - In '82 I don't think there was a switch on the parking brake pedal. I can look in a bit to confirm it, but I think that switch happened more like in '85.

Here's the schematic for the 1981 brake warning light circuit, and the only thing that can bring it on is the "dual brake warning switch", aka proportioning valve.

6870904_orig.thumb.jpg.604fad2fb825d3952654ccf91f5215d5.jpg

Jim - In '82 I don't think there was a switch on the parking brake pedal. I can look in a bit to confirm it, but I think that switch happened more like in '85.

Here's the schematic for the 1981 brake warning light circuit, and the only thing that can bring it on is the "dual brake warning switch", aka proportioning valve.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n39628/6870904_orig.jpg

Gary, I think you are right. I glanced at the ebrake assembly this weekend and didnt see a switch. The brake light wasnt on when I bought it. After I powerwashed and cleaned the engine bay it came on. I did take the wire off the prop valve, but I put it back on too. So.....hmmmm....sounds like I didnt do something right.

Seat belt light will get the bulb removed if I cant figure that out.

Well, the more you know... :nabble_smiley_blush:

That's embarrassing.

I hate to offer bad advise.

So you're saying Ray doesn't have any Emergency Brake light, and instead his proportioning valve has faulted?

Ray, did you lose a line or something?