Bullnose Forums

Little Blue 82

Then someone put gear oil in instead of ATF. Wrong stuff.

What do you suggest I do. Inside of the case is now contaminated with gear oil. I will never get it all out without a full disassemble, clean, and put back together.

If I just drain and fill with ATF, will the two mix or will the stay seperate?

Not sure why gear oil is bad for it other than it being thick and maybe less efficient....but who cares about efficiency when in 4x4 mode? Not I.

Maybe the gear oil has additives that could degrade materials? Im not sure without knowing the materials inside the case. I cant imagine the case being effected, the transmission is aluminim just like the tcase.

Then someone put gear oil in instead of ATF. Wrong stuff.

What do you suggest I do. Inside of the case is now contaminated with gear oil. I will never get it all out without a full disassemble, clean, and put back together.

If I just drain and fill with ATF, will the two mix or will the stay seperate?

Not sure why gear oil is bad for it other than it being thick and maybe less efficient....but who cares about efficiency when in 4x4 mode? Not I.

Maybe the gear oil has additives that could degrade materials? Im not sure without knowing the materials inside the case. I cant imagine the case being effected, the transmission is aluminim just like the tcase.

Clearance is set up for the much thinner ATF, and it's very high detergent, so sludge shouldn't settle.

ATF will have no problem diluting and mixing with gear oil.

Fill it and run it. (JMHO)

Lookin' good Ray!

Thanks Cory....by the way, got your package today. Thanks a lot. That will come in handy some day!

So.......there I was......doing 80mph around a decreasing radius turn.......when........BANG......I lost the rear U Joint.....my dumbarse must have over torqued the ubolt nuts......

Some beach.....somewhere....

20190910_161559.jpg.3590788f99384c2f140c3997e262b109.jpg

So.......there I was......doing 80mph around a decreasing radius turn.......when........BANG......I lost the rear U Joint.....my dumbarse must have over torqued the ubolt nuts......

Some beach.....somewhere....

Did the driveshaft cause any damage flailing around under there?

Did the driveshaft cause any damage flailing around under there?

Not sure yet. I did inspect the driveshaft, it doesnt appear bent, but there are a couple small dents. I may press in some new u joints and see how it works. It should be obvious if it is bent once I take it down the road.